• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

9 hours ago, davis171 said:

The Nets won 38 games the whole season made the playoffs the bucks have already won 39... the pistons are projected for 38 and the Hornets 37 that makes no sense.

Show me the 5 absolutely dreadful, scum of the earth teams like the Hawks, Magic, Bulls, Nets, and Knicks are this year.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I'll take Ayton first. Not that he's the best player in the draft to me but he's projectable with the size, talent and skill and Coach Bud is the perfect coach for him

I don't think you can pass on him. He has too much upside. My only concern is his motor. If his motor is running cold in college, how will the effort be in the long grind of an 82 game season?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Show me the 5 absolutely dreadful, scum of the earth teams like the Hawks, Magic, Bulls, Nets, and Knicks are this year.

The playoff teams are better creating more losses for the lower teams that’s why the West lower tier teams have more losses typically. I would say this Milwaukee team would have 100% beat that Nets team in a series. But let’s go back did you seriously say Charlotte > 76ers

Edited by davis171

Here is a quote from Sam Vecenie's latest mock draft about the Hawks pick:

A high-upside play for the Hawks here. Simons is a 6-4 quick-twitch athlete who played at IMG Academy this year. He’s a top-10 recruit eligible because he graduated high school last year and turns 19 in the calendar 2018 year. A scoring guard, Simons will need to work on his frame and iron out his shooting consistency in order to make an impact in the next two years. The Hawks are on a longer timeline though, and can afford to wait.

But there are some here that think the Hawks will compete for a playoff spot next year.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

This dude KB got to be the saddest individual ive seen on a forum. Constantly reiterating his debbie downer perspective. 

Most posters find the positive in our current situation and he just spews negativity. I hope he isnt this miserable in real life.

Personally I think contrarians are good for the overall integrity of any debate. Group think is not healthy.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Personally I think contrarians are good for the overall integrity of any debate. Group think is not healthy.

Yeah but blind disregard for decent argument is dumb. To each his own, but at this point shouldn’t the narrative change to  what can be done instead of what was? I think life is too short to focus on what you can’t control. Don’t like the team, find another. The warriors could use more gnut huggers. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

This dude KB got to be the saddest individual ive seen on a forum. Constantly reiterating his debbie downer perspective. 

Most posters find the positive in our current situation and he just spews negativity. I hope he isnt this miserable in real life.

Correction.  It's not a Debbie downer perspective.  It's a realistic perspective.  The Hawks are in for many years of losing.  That is real.

20 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Correction.  It's not a Debbie downer perspective.  It's a realistic perspective.  The Hawks are in for many years of losing.  That is real.

You're in every single thread repeating the same things over and over. Anyone who has visited here more than once knows how you feel by now. People are just tired of the horse getting beaten over.. and over... and over.......

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

You're in every single thread repeating the same things over and over. Anyone who has visited here more than once knows how you feel by now. People are just tired of the horse getting beaten over.. and over... and over.......

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

I could say the same thing about the pro losing, I mean tanking, crowd.

• Like 1

Just now, KB21 said:

I could say the same thing about the pro losing, I mean tanking, crowd.

Yeah this thread is literally called "The tank thread." You can create a thread called "This intentional tank is the dumbest idea ever thread" or whatever you want to call it and complain in there to your heart's content. But to keep coming in this thread and arguing with everyone is what is getting everyone annoyed. 

And I do understand your point about how you will never cheer for the team to lose, I respect that. At this point we have nothing to play for, so people are trying to grasp on to some kind of hope - which is trying to get the highest pick possible. We can't go back and change the past and keep Mills and Dwight so what other choice do we have but to try to look for the positive? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JSmooooove said:

Yeah this thread is literally called "The tank thread." You can create a thread called "This intentional tank is the dumbest idea ever thread" or whatever you want to call it and complain in there to your heart's content. But to keep coming in this thread and arguing with everyone is what is getting everyone annoyed. 

And I do understand your point about how you will never cheer for the team to lose, I respect that. At this point we have nothing to play for, so people are trying to grasp on to some kind of hope - which is trying to get the highest pick possible. We can't go back and change the past and keep Mills and Dwight so what other choice do we have but to try to look for the positive? 

There is always something to play for.  Player morale for one.

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There is always something to play for.  Player morale for one.

Player morale? They're millionaires playing a kids game and they know the season is over.. I think they're sleeping just fine at night. Plus half the team won't even be here next year. 

Anyway, I said I wouldn't respond to these posts so I'll stop now I just wanted to put my two cents in. And deep down I think you know most people here are being very reasonable. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

Player morale? They're millionaires playing a kids game and they know the season is over.. I think they're sleeping just fine at night. Plus half the team won't even be here next year. 

Anyway, I said I wouldn't respond to these posts so I'll stop now I just wanted to put my two cents in. And deep down I think you know most people here are being very reasonable. 

I think, deep down, all of you who are blindly supporting this strategy know that I am right.

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, tell me what I'm wrong about?

To me, you have won the Hawks suck debate.   What more do you want? For those of us who thought this team needed a reboot in a major way, offer up improvements the team can make. Not just the hawks will suck for 10 years. It’s done. Much to my happiness. Not yours. 

So what would you do in the draft? What potential FA would be a Bud fit? Is anyone on the roster untouchable?

i think you’re wrong about the draft. I think 5-7 players can definitely help these hawks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deester11 said:

To me, you have won the Hawks suck debate.   What more do you want? For those of us who thought this team needed a reboot in a major way, offer up improvements the team can make. Not just the hawks will suck for 10 years. It’s done. Much to my happiness. Not yours. 

So what would you do in the draft? What potential FA would be a Bud fit? Is anyone on the roster untouchable?

i think you’re wrong about the draft. I think 5-7 players can definitely help these hawks. 

So, losing makes you happy?