• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Because he is not a generational talent.  He’s terrible defensively.  He is not a shooter.  He’s not a guy who can create off the dribble.  He’s a terrible passer.  

Do you think Bagley will make an all star team?

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Do you think Bagley will make an all star team?

He's the only one I feel could make a run like Simmons did this season. That's extremely high praise for a rookie but we must remember. Freak athletes translate much faster than skilled based players but skill based players last till their late 30s. This is just a general rule of thumb if the player isn't raw

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He's the only one I feel could make a run like Simmons did this season. That's extremely high praise for a rookie but we must remember. Freak athletes translate much faster than skilled based players but skill based players last till their late 30s. This is just a general rule of thumb if the player isn't raw

That question was for KB21

1 minute ago, DBac said:

One thing I will say is Bagley looks like he has much better hands than Collins. Then again we'll see, Collins hands looked amazing in the summer league but he's lost a lot of passes this year.

He's better than Collins at everything but post defense. It's like saying Reggie Jackson is like Westbrook or Josh Smith is like as LeBron James. 

Just now, NBASupes said:

He's better than Collins at everything but post defense. It's like saying Reggie Jackson is like Westbrook or Josh Smith is like as LeBron James. 

I don't doubt that (outside of screens and defense in general) but it's not really the point to me.

There are 3 clear top talents on this draft, Ayton, Doncic and Bagley, the rest are way ahead of them, anyway the next 3 are JJJ, Bamba and Porter, but this 3 have some questionmarks. I am reluctant to include Trae Young on this list, his fllor is way lower than the floor of these 3.

Bagley was able to average 20/10 on a good Duke team, if someone thinks that is comparable to the level of JJJ he is completely wrong

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

JJJ will be a defensive player of the year candidate.  

I think JJJ can develop into a DPOY candidate. But I don't see him ever being the impact of a Gobert. I personally seen a potentially better prime Ibaka defensively without the freakish athletic ability Serge had

I see JJJ as a less skilled and mentally tough McDyess with better defensive potential. Athletically, they are similar out of college. McDyess had more experience but JJJ was better coached in HS and college.