• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Oh yeah.  I keep forgetting that you think PPG is what determines how good you are.  

In fairness, it is volume in every stat except blocks.  

He ranked 120th among freshman and sophmores this year in rebounds per game.

On his own team he was:

3rd in rebounds per game, 7th in assists per game, 1st in blocks per game, 3rd in steals per game, 5th in 3ptm per game, and yes...5th in points per game

Nobody else being considered in the top 10 has a profile like that

• Like 4

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

In fairness, it is volume in every stat except blocks.  

He ranked 120th among freshman and sophmores this year in rebounds per game.

On his own team he was:

3rd in rebounds per game, 7th in assists per game, 1st in blocks per game, 3rd in steals per game, 5th in 3ptm per game, and yes...5th in points per game

Nobody else being considered in the top 10 has a profile like that

Plus, plus, plus...AHF, You are one of the most knowledgeable poster here!!! I knew you would come thru for us less than enthusiastic about JJJ at some point!!!!

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Plus, plus, plus...AHF, You are one of the most knowledgeable poster here!!! I knew you would come thru for us less than enthusiastic about JJJ at some point!!!!

I like him a lot but I've said repeatedly that the relative lack of production and his limited role in key games are the areas of concern for me with him.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I like him a lot but I've said repeatedly that the relative lack of production and his limited role in key games are the areas of concern for me with him.  

What are your thoughts on JJJ vs Bamba?

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What are your thoughts on JJJ vs Bamba?

I'd take JJJ.  I don't claim to be a great scout but I like his set of skills better than Bamba.  If I were GM, I would be looking toward my trusted talent evaluators to put together my board (because the only way I'd ever get that job would be based on the business management and negotiating side of things).  I don't hate Bamba but I feel like he has a low floor if things don't work.  Conversely, he does have a very high ceiling as well given his length and mobility.  He is intriguing but makes me even more nervous.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Weren't you the one predicting that Bud was gone at the end of the season?  This article does not support such a claim so why did you post it?

• Like 2

Again, what could this franchise do other than tank? It didn't have shit.

Resign flops like Millsap and Howard? Both who failed to get their new teams into the playoffs? Even when he did play this year it was obvious that Sap is declining.

Dwight seems to have had a slightly better year, but it's not that reflective in the win/loss department.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Again, what could this franchise do other than tank? It didn't have shit.

Resign flops like Millsap and Howard? Both who failed to get their new teams into the playoffs? Even when he did play this year it was obvious that Sap is declining.

Dwight seems to have had a slightly better year, but it's not that reflective in the win/loss department.

Uh, they could have actually made an effort to field a competitive roster and not a G-League level roster.  As a result, the Hawks will be completely irrelevant in the playoff picture for the next five years and will lose their coach.

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Uh, they could have actually made an effort to field a competitive roster and not a G-League level roster.  As a result, the Hawks will be completely irrelevant in the playoff picture for the next five years and will lose their coach.

Based on nothing. I’d rather tank than be a treadmill team every year. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You support becoming a treadmill team.  The lottery treadmill.

Yeah I’ll take the chance at potentially landing a franchise player than losing in the 1st round of the playoffs again every day of that week. 

Edited by GThawks3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Yeah I’ll take the chance at potentially landing a franchise player than losing in the 1st round of the playoffs again every day of that week. 

So, you are more attracted to the unknown rather than the known?