• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should we start the Schröder trade watch?

mrhonline

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I would not be surprised if Dennis is moved. His turn overs and three point shooting are pretty detrimental for any team. I do think he will be a tough move to a smart franchise. But maybe we can find someone who thinks he has potential to improve.

I don't think Prince is going anywhere. He showed to much promise at the end of the season and his rookie contract is to valuable to a team like ours trying to remain cap friendly and flexible.

Hope we keep Prince.  However, at this point, nothing would surprise me.

• Like 1

I could see us keeping Prince but we should definitely look into trading Dennis. He's run his course really, I was high on him initially especially with the Rondo comparisons but with time it just seems like he's nowhere near the BBIQ that Rondo has. May as well just start fresh across the board.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Its painfully obvious that the Hawks are an investment and the ownership could care less about spending money for a winning team.   Is there anyone that we have traded or let go we got anything significant from?  Only thing I know is we have taken ending contracts and paid the full salary to get to the NBA minimum required salary.   I dont think the Hawks want a top 3 pick because of the cost of the rookie contract.   

4 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Its painfully obvious that the Hawks are an investment and the ownership could care less about spending money for a winning team.   Is there anyone that we have traded or let go we got anything significant from?  Only thing I know is we have taken ending contracts and paid the full salary to get to the NBA minimum required salary.   I dont think the Hawks want a top 3 pick because of the cost of the rookie contract.   

We paid 14 million for Bud to go away but don't want to invest in a top 3 pick? LMAO 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

We paid 14 million for Bud to go away but don't want to invest in a top 3 pick? LMAO 

We didnt pay bud to leave. He left that bread on the table.

And dude is making shit up. The cost of a top pick is nothing to worry about. They damn sure didnt ease up the tank process at the end to save money by picking later

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, skimaskway23 said:

And dude is making shit up. The cost of a top pick is nothing to worry about. They damn sure didnt ease up the tank process at the end to save money by picking later

Just set back and watch what happens.   

4 minutes ago, skimaskway23 said:

Can you confirm that? It seems people on this site have been saying according to an AJC article we are actually paying him (unless he gets another NBA job)?

Is this a real thread?  What is that “T word” you used?  I think recent history suggests the Hawks will grant Dennis a few visits to some teams and then a week later just outright cut him.

• Like 2

He was on the block from the previous season so this isn't a stretch by any means.  It's a tough market though for PGs (which is why I was a lil miffed that BudCox gave Dennis an extension instead of letting him seek a deal on the market) so there's difficulty in finding a trade partner that has a need.  Most teams already have starting PGs, there's more available in the draft, Dennis' deal is restrictive for a 6th man, pending legal trouble, etc. 

I'd say best case is maybe Brooklyn dumps Jeremy Lin and the 29th for him.  Kenny obviously has experience with Dennis to see value in him.  Schlenk has experience with Lin from their time in GS but it remains to be seen how effective a player Lin is after his patellar tendon tear.  Bottom line, Lin is an expiring so you shave 2 years off of Dennis' deal.

2 hours ago, mrhonline said:

Am I wrong in thinking that Cleveland might have interest?

I thought of them but then realized they have Hill and Clarkson locked up plus the capacity to address PG high in the draft.  A deal with them likely involves Thompson or Smith who run a year longer than Lin.