• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has our new coach mentioned anything about how we are going run our offense?

JTB

On 6/9/2018 at 8:01 AM, ATLien_ said:

In my opinion Dennis lacks the strength to have consistent 3 point range. His shooting motion from midrange is effortless, smooth and fluid and consistent, but from 3 his shot is almost like a heave. This is also partly because Dennis has very little explosion from his legs on his shots and barely gets off the ground. You'll often see him step into his 3 almost like a middle schooler. He also seems to short arm the threes and not get full extension on them. 

I honestly thought at this point in his career he would have improved his strength. Either he's not working on his strength or his frame won't allow him to get stronger. You would think even without working out he would have his man strength. 

Maybe we should tell him to to start punching people out in the off season instead of stomping them out :aggressive:. Since that seems to be his workout regiment.  

Haha, be does look like a middle schooler when he does that.

Dennis has gotten considerably stronger since his rookie season, still quite weak for a starting PG.  His main focus was just finishing more consistently through medium contact.  He’s just like many unknowing NBA players who think they can do what Steph does: in this case use more core and arm strength in lieu of generating energy from the floor.   It’s pretty rare for a guy to start the first few months of a season shooting threes at .400 yet finish at .290.  Sh$t was fascinating actually.

• Like 2

I always gotta give Dennis props on his conditioning though. He has a sparkling injury history for his size.  During the Warriors parade I heard them mention “taking care of their bodies” about 50 times.  It’s amazing how many NBA athletes don’t do this as well as they should.  Then I see Iggy walking with a plate of babrbecue lol.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I will be super pissed if we pass on Doncic for Young.  I will bang my head against my desk, curse at Schlenk and throw my computer out the window.  Then I'll give Schlenk a chance to prove the experts wrong while I plot revenge for ****ing over my Hawks.

• Like 2