• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has our new coach mentioned anything about how we are going run our offense?

JTB

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Atlanta is such a putrid sports town. How many fans were at the match in Boston again?

13 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not that it really matters, but I don't remember bud doing all these public engagements. 

Lloyd has been everywhere. 

Not that it matters to the Xs and Os but it's very endearing. I never felt like bud was part of this community. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Afro said:

Not that it really matters, but I don't remember bud doing all these public engagements. 

Not that it matters to the Xs and Os but it's very endearing. I never felt like bud was part of this community. 

Agree with all you said.  Doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of things, but it is nice to see him publicly embracing the city/community.

Only evidence I recall of Budz doing the same was him attending GT games with his son.

Didn't appear to be in Buttz personality to do stuff like this, which is fine.

Brett Brown did the same PR-type stuff in PHI.  Played up to the media, made himself a cult hero despite imho being a mediocre coach.  Hope CLP can be a 'face' and a good coach.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Afro said:

Well he did do his drinking (and driving) here in the Metro area so there’s that..

• Like 3

On 5/31/2018 at 9:38 AM, Vol4ever said:

I haven't watched 1 minute of the playoffs this year.   Why would you want a very good inside player shootin 3s all the time.     The NBA is nothing more than a rec league now that is on tv. 

I have watched every game beginning with the Conference Finals and the night schedule is killing me. Up until midnight and out of bed no later than 4:30am on the weeks days.

I have no idea why the Cavs and Bostons games where scheduled so late on the weekends even though they are on the East Coast. The NFL has enough sense to schedule their playoffs and the Super Bowl by 6:30pm.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, GameTime said:

Dennis has a extremely solid mid range game.  He shot 47% from mid range last year. That is why him being such a terrible 3pt shooter historically is baffling to me. Generally, the more mid range shots you shoot instead of 3's and drives the less efficient you are. The league is moving away from mid range. Heck look at the final 4 teams in the playoffs this year. It was mostly 3's and drives because those are the most efficient. Lloyd mentioned working on Collins' 3's, but he needs to really focus on Dennis' 3pt shot because if he can hit those shots, and not be afraid of contact when he drives to get those fouls called, he could be a great scorer in this league. I still don't see him leading a contender at PG because his passion vision is subpar, but he can be a nice scorer.

In my opinion Dennis lacks the strength to have consistent 3 point range. His shooting motion from midrange is effortless, smooth and fluid and consistent, but from 3 his shot is almost like a heave. This is also partly because Dennis has very little explosion from his legs on his shots and barely gets off the ground. You'll often see him step into his 3 almost like a middle schooler. He also seems to short arm the threes and not get full extension on them. 

I honestly thought at this point in his career he would have improved his strength. Either he's not working on his strength or his frame won't allow him to get stronger. You would think even without working out he would have his man strength. 

Maybe we should tell him to to start punching people out in the off season instead of stomping them out :aggressive:. Since that seems to be his workout regiment.  

• Like 1

On 6/6/2018 at 3:55 PM, KB21 said:

Sigh.  Hawks University has now become Bucks University.  

Hawks U became Jazz/Nets U a while back.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hazer said:

Hawks U became Jazz/Nets U a while back.

Really?

Dewayne Dedmon -- 0 for 1 on three point shots during his first four years.  50 of 141 on three point shots in his one season under Bud.

John Collins -- 0 for 1 on three point shots during his two college seasons.  16 of 47 on three point shots as a rookie, hitting 35% of his corner three shots.

Taurean Prince -- 32% on 102 attempts as a rookie.  39% on 457 attempts as a second year player.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Really?

Dewayne Dedmon -- 0 for 1 on three point shots during his first four years.  50 of 141 on three point shots in his one season under Bud.

John Collins -- 0 for 1 on three point shots during his two college seasons.  16 of 47 on three point shots as a rookie, hitting 35% of his corner three shots.

Taurean Prince -- 32% on 102 attempts as a rookie.  39% on 457 attempts as a second year player.  

Because Bud;'s offense is based on shooting threes you think that means he taught them how to shoot threes. I think he told them to shoot. Players usually do most things they are told; unless they want to ride the pine.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 1:58 PM, EazyRoc said:

Well he did do his drinking (and driving) here in the Metro area so there’s that..

Not very appropriate for a NBA Head Coach to drink at public events. Even more so when pictures are being taken. Bud probably avoided them like the plague for that very reason.

41 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Really?

Let me present to you: Chris Jent.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hazer said:

Let me present to you: Chris Jent.

We were in the middle last season at 15th in 3pt % and our Team TS% was 20th. I do look for us to make a big jump in offensive efficiency this coming season. It starts with Dennis and ends with the role players. They need to play smarter and hopefully Lloyd will get that through to them.

• Like 2

So many draft / trade decisions that will be made shortly.  Lloyd Pierce is said to be a defensive minded coach and our GM is an offence guru from Golden State.

Recently, Pierce attended a game where one team was scoring around 100 points per game and was unbeaten in their first five.  Atlanta held them way below 100 and emerged with the victory.  Yep, he stayed for the entire game and the Dream put on a defensive show for him.

Bud didn't really like the rebuild and he didn't like it when he was relieved of his dual job. 

Dennis doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild either.  We expect a trade in the near future and he just might be a part of the trade.

Dedmon, a free agent, may follow Bud.  I hate the idea of losing him but, if he goes, that makes it more necessary to draft or trade for his replacement.  If this happens, Hawks are needing to replace two on our current roster.

GO ATL

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

So many draft / trade decisions that will be made shortly.  Lloyd Pierce is said to be a defensive minded coach and our GM is an offence guru from Golden State.

Recently, Pierce attended a game where one team was scoring around 100 points per game and was unbeaten in their first five.  Atlanta held them way below 100 and emerged with the victory.  Yep, he stayed for the entire game and the Dream put on a defensive show for him.

Bud didn't really like the rebuild and he didn't like it when he was relieved of his dual job. 

Dennis doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild either.  We expect a trade in the near future and he just might be a part of the trade.

Dedmon, a free agent, may follow Bud.  I hate the idea of losing him but, if he goes, that makes it more necessary to draft or trade for his replacement.  If this happens, Hawks are needing to replace two on our current roster.

GO ATL

Depending on the draft I am not yet sold on Dedmon leaving. Draft might dictate if we chase a flyer on Noel as well. Lloyd preaches defense and I get that. It is also the easiest part of the game to instill effort in a young team. But I think our offensive prowess with improvements from Prince and Collins may catch a few fans off guard.

• Like 2