• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has our new coach mentioned anything about how we are going run our offense?

JTB

What kind of response will The Miserable One have to everything? One that poo-poos anything anyone says, and anything the Hawks do :bag_flip:

• Like 1

Cue the weekly “I’m a doctor” not-so-humble brag about his “patients”, and “clinic.” Patients, implying that he’s above people. And clinic, implying that he’s in charge of something. Because smart people always have to tell everyone how smart they are, rich people always have to tell everyone how rich they are, and right people always always have to tell everyone how right they are. Yep, that’s how all of this works :approved:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, hazer said:

Cue the weekly “I’m a doctor” not-so-humble brag about his “patients”, and “clinic.” Patients, implying that he’s above people. And clinic, implying that he’s in charge of something. Because smart people always have to tell everyone how smart they are, rich people always have to tell everyone how rich they are, and right people always always have to tell everyone how right they are. Yep, that’s how all of this works :approved:

I'm sorry.  I was paying my yard guy, so I didn't hear you.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I'm sorry.  I was paying my yard guy, so I didn't hear you.

Well we have one thing in common, at least.

43 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's starting to make me miss lurker.  Yikes.

Just made me realize she was gone, wha hoppen to her? No more D8 to bitch about so she left?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, JTB said:

With all this switching defense we may not need an offensive scheme! Just run a bunch of screens, find  the mismatch and go to work.

I find a switching defense as the main staple to be a lazy cop out.

Leaves a player with no responsibility. Play Man defense with help.  Be responsible for your own guy first and foremost.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I find a switching defense as the main staple to be a lazy cop out.

Leaves a player with no responsibility. Play Man defense with help.  Be responsible for your own guy first and foremost.

Egggsactly.  I get switching when you absolutely need to but now teams just automatically switch.  They don't even try to fight through screens.  It comes back to bite teams in situations where they need to stay connected.  Every time a guy pops for an open shot, you see the 2 defenders do the whole 'palms up, what were you doing?' thing.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Egggsactly.  I get switching when you absolutely need to but now teams just automatically switch.  They don't even try to fight through screens.  It comes back to bite teams in situations where they need to stay connected.  Every time a guy pops for an open shot, you see the 2 defenders do the whole 'palms up, what were you doing?' thing.

Wussies these days...fight through the pick..hell that was te funnest part for me is to shove a pick setter. Now they run over or under or switch..how bout running through them.

i advocate physical kickmur a$$ ball...specially when playing against wussies like Curry and cupcake. Smh.

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, hazer said:

I honestly don't know why the Ignored One hasn't been banned. It is pretty blatant what he's doing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I honestly don't know why the Ignored One hasn't been banned. It is pretty blatant what he's doing.

Sure you do: suckers take the bait and he instigates post activity. Almost smells like a conspiracy O_o

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I think the thing that is ideal is that if LP can coach our defense up and we have some good defensive players (Baze, Dedmon) then you may see that our offense can be loose.  Because LP is defensive minded, I don't see Dennis coming back.  I wouldn't be surprise to see us spend a pick on a PG in the draft, Anfreenee Simmons and Possibly Trevon Duval either late first or in the second.  Also, I wouldn't be surprise with Hunt as our Lead Assistant to see us make a move for Rondo.  A guy who can tutor either of these PGs. 

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think the thing that is ideal is that if LP can coach our defense up and we have some good defensive players (Baze, Dedmon) then you may see that our offense can be loose.  Because LP is defensive minded, I don't see Dennis coming back.  I wouldn't be surprise to see us spend a pick on a PG in the draft, Anfreenee Simmons and Possibly Trevon Duval either late first or in the second.  Also, I wouldn't be surprise with Hunt as our Lead Assistant to see us make a move for Rondo.  A guy who can tutor either of these PGs. 

I agree that we can be coached up and I also agree Dennis may be a lost cause. I like Alexander but it will take some doing to move up and grab him. I like Holiday as well; though I am not sold on him being a starting PG. More of a 6th man role when offense is needed off the bench. Holiday will be a scoring PG in this league; I do not doubt that at all.

I am not sold on Simmons or Duval but taking one of them at 30 or 34 is not problematic; and could pan out.

Dennis Schröder is the Jahlil Okafor of Point Guards. Meaning his game is not suited for this era.

Poor defender, awful 3pt shooter, drives but doesn't have the instincts to get foul calls. At best he is the 6th man on a contender.

3 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Dennis Schröder is the Jahlil Okafor of Point Guards. Meaning his game is not suited for this era.

Poor defender, awful 3pt shooter, drives but doesn't have the instincts to get foul calls. At best he is the 6th man on a contender.

If he could get foul calls and develop a mid-range game like Lloyd mentioned, his efficiency could level out to a decent number; a DeMar DeRozan light. But then there is the turn overs.

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

If he could get foul calls and develop a mid-range game like Lloyd mentioned, his efficiency could level out to a decent number; a DeMar DeRozan light. But then there is the turn overs.

Dennis has a extremely solid mid range game.  He shot 47% from mid range last year. That is why him being such a terrible 3pt shooter historically is baffling to me. Generally, the more mid range shots you shoot instead of 3's and drives the less efficient you are. The league is moving away from mid range. Heck look at the final 4 teams in the playoffs this year. It was mostly 3's and drives because those are the most efficient. Lloyd mentioned working on Collins' 3's, but he needs to really focus on Dennis' 3pt shot because if he can hit those shots, and not be afraid of contact when he drives to get those fouls called, he could be a great scorer in this league. I still don't see him leading a contender at PG because his passion vision is subpar, but he can be a nice scorer.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Dennis has a extremely solid mid range game.  He shot 47% from mid range last year. That is why him being such a terrible 3pt shooter historically is baffling to me. Generally, the more mid range shots you shoot instead of 3's and drives the less efficient you are. The league is moving away from mid range. Heck look at the final 4 teams in the playoffs this year. It was mostly 3's and drives because those are the most efficient. Lloyd mentioned working on Collins' 3's, but he needs to really focus on Dennis' 3pt shot because if he can hit those shots, and not be afraid of contact when he drives to get those fouls called, he could be a great scorer in this league. I still don't see him leading a contender at PG because his passion vision is subpar, but he can be a nice scorer.

It really does not make a lot of sense as to why he cannot shoot the three. His FT shooting is plenty good enough. I am finding conflicting reports on his midrange game though.

This from Peachtree Hoopps:

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/2/22/17037800/dennis-Schröder-atlanta-hawks-point-guard-report-volume-six

"But it is noteworthy that Schröder has improved significantly in the mid-range. He is shooting a career high 45.2 percent on attempts from 10-16 feet and a career high 48.1% on attempts from 16 feet to the three point line. Those are solid numbers but the Hawks are generating an offensive rating of just 93.5 on possessions that end in a Schröder mid-range attempt. But that is still better than the offensive rating of 86.1 on possessions that end in a three-point attempt from Schröder. "

This from basketball reference.com

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/schrode01.html

0-3 ft. .578

3-10 .333

10-16 432

16- 3PT .468

When I talk about midrange I am talking about the ability to get into the lane, stop and pop. 16ft to the 3pt line is a long jumper in my opinion. If he can hit a free throw at .849, I think he should be able to improve his 3-10 and 10-16 ft percentage.

• Like 2