• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it possible?

asdogg

• Premium Member

I think it'll be hard to move into the top 10.
- Cavs wont trade #8 until LBJ makes a decision.
- NYK at #9 should hold unto their pick and use and tank since Porzingis might be out for the season, Noah becomes a valuable expiring contract next offseason. They aren't making the playoffs.
- Phiily at #10 is a wild card.

Possibilities for salary dumps:
Gallo and #13 
Faried and #14 for our #30
Mahinmi and #15
Henson and #17
Gasol and #18
Dieng and #21 
Bayless and #26
Burks and #24
John Luer plus 2019 1st from Detroit.

Here's the thing, Hawks don't have capspace to make an deal before the draft. It'll be a deal in principle. I don't know how difficult it makes it in trying to combine say #14 and #19 to move up higher.

I always look back to recent deals.
Jazz traded Trey Lyles (former #12) and pick #24 to move up to #13 last draft. 
If Dennis hadn't tanked his value, him and #19 should have given us a good late lotto jump.
I think we'd have to include Prince or Collins with #19 to move up and that's not worth it to me. I'm not that enamored enough with any prospects from 8-12 to do that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

- NYK at #9 should hold unto their pick and use and tank since Porzingis might be out for the season, Noah becomes a valuable expiring contract next offseason. They aren't making the playoffs.

Gallo and #13 
Mahinmi and #15
Henson and #17
Gasol and #18
Dieng and #21 
Bayless and #26
Burks and #24

Here's the thing, Hawks don't have capspace to make an deal before the draft. It'll be a deal in principle. I don't know how difficult it makes it in trying to combine say #14 and #19 to move up higher.

If Dennis hadn't tanked his value, him and #19 should have given us a good late lotto jump.
I think we'd have to include Prince or Collins with #19 to move up and that's not worth it to me. I'm not that enamored enough with any prospects from 8-12 to do that.

I like the idea of packaging 19, 30, and 34 to move up. But who in the world wants that many rookies?

I do think we take Bagley or Doncic at 3. It is boring because that has been what most have thought all year. But I think that is due to it being the most likely true rumor. I hope Schlenk's old mentor, Jerry West, does not fleece him out of 3 and Doncic. 

40 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like the idea of packaging 19, 30, and 34 to move up. But who in the world wants that many rookies?

I do think we take Bagley or Doncic at 3. It is boring because that has been what most have thought all year. But I think that is due to it being the most likely true rumor. I hope Schlenk's old mentor, Jerry West, does not fleece him out of 3 and Doncic. 

I have honestly not seen anywhere that the Hawks will take Luka. I’m thinking Bagley goes #2 to Sacramento unfortunately.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I just don't know how far up that gets us to be worthwhile.

21 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

I have honestly not seen anywhere that the Hawks will take Luka. I’m thinking Bagley goes #2 to Sacramento unfortunately.

1 hour ago, GThawks3 said:

I have seen scattered reports that we like everyone lol. Bagley and JJJ was highly rumored one or two months ago. Trae has also been a rumor recently. I think a lot of speculation on us not taking Docic had to do with the speculation there was no way he would be there at three. Now all the rumors on us have died down.

The draft pundits don't have a clue now that Doncic is not a guaranteed 1 or 2. They are all trying to get some tidbit of information from anyone; and except for Ayton, Bagley, and Bamba talking themselves up, the draft analyst are not having much luck.

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Gallo and #13 
Mahinmi and #15
Henson and #17
Gasol and #18
Dieng and #21 
Bayless and #26
Burks and #24

Right here....this is good info....good work.

If all this talk about CP3, LBJ and PG teaming up in LA comes to fruition, I'd love for the Hawks to keep our lotto pick for a big and make a move for Lonzo.  If not, I'm on starting to get on board with Trae Young.  I like Lonzo's game, but would hate for the Lavar headache to be around the ATL.  It might be good for selling tickets if nothing else.  lol

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

Like I said before Dennis, 19 would get us George Hill and #8. 

Dennis' value is in the toilet. (I wish it wasn't so)

Dennis has 3 years left at $15.5 mil per

Hill has 2 years left - 1st year at $19 mil, 2nd year guaranteed for $1 million.

There is not much cap savings in 2018/19 for Cleveland to give up the 8th pick, difference of $3.5 mil.

However over the life of the contracts, Cavs will be taking on $46.5 mil for Dennis vs $20 mil for Hill.

On 6/11/2018 at 2:06 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Gallo and #13 
Mahinmi and #15
Henson and #17
Gasol and #18
Dieng and #21 
Bayless and #26
Burks and #24

Agree with most of this. I also think we could hop up to the #15 pick by taking on Gortat for the #30 or Smith or Meeks for the #19.

21 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

If all this talk about CP3, LBJ and PG teaming up in LA comes to fruition, I'd love for the Hawks to keep our lotto pick for a big and make a move for Lonzo.  If not, I'm on starting to get on board with Trae Young.  I like Lonzo's game, but would hate for the Lavar headache to be around the ATL.  It might be good for selling tickets if nothing else.  lol

Have you seen that rap video?  If not, take my advice and don’t.  If you have, I’ll support you in getting help.

• Like 3

On 6/11/2018 at 8:03 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Dennis' value is in the toilet. (I wish it wasn't so)

Dennis has 3 years left at $15.5 mil per

Hill has 2 years left - 1st year at $19 mil, 2nd year guaranteed for $1 million.

There is not much cap savings in 2018/19 for Cleveland to give up the 8th pick, difference of $3.5 mil.

However over the life of the contracts, Cavs will be taking on $46.5 mil for Dennis vs $20 mil for Hill.

Don't get wrapped up in your own perception.  The Magic, Knicks, Cavs and a few other teams would love to have Dennis and to drop other salary.  Despite his issues, Dennis can score and for teams with playoff talent but no PG, Dennis is a gem.  25 teams in the league would see nearly zero value in Dennis...but we don't need 25 to value him...we just need 1.  My best bet is Orlando. They are desperate for PG play and would like to unload Biyombo (owed $17 million).  Dennis +19 would absolutely get you Biyombo +6. You might need a minor tweak or two (like throwing in 34) but you could swing it.  Hawks have plenty of cap room and Dennis is an instant fix for the Magic.

Dennis + 19 would also get you Noah + 9 but I think that might be a bit much to give up.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, thecampster said:

Don't get wrapped up in your own perception.  The Magic, Knicks, Cavs and a few other teams would love to have Dennis and to drop other salary.  Despite his issues, Dennis can score and for teams with playoff talent but no PG, Dennis is a gem.  25 teams in the league would see nearly zero value in Dennis...but we don't need 25 to value him...we just need 1.  My best bet is Orlando. They are desperate for PG play and would like to unload Biyombo (owed $17 million).  Dennis +19 would absolutely get you Biyombo +6. You might need a minor tweak or two (like throwing in 34) but you could swing it.  Hawks have plenty of cap room and Dennis is an instant fix for the Magic.

Dennis + 19 would also get you Noah + 9 but I think that might be a bit much to give up.

Not my perception. That's a league wide perception from most articles I've read, pods I've listened too, talk radio, other fan base sites etc. 

But you are right that it only takes one team to have an interest. 

Why wouldn't Orlando just take Young at 6 or trade down a little and take Sexton? 

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, hazer said:

I’ve been thinking Dennis + 19 + 34 probably gets us back into the top 10. 

I wish.

Everything, I've read, heard, researched has indicated the Dennis' value is exceedingly low. Last I read only worth a 2nd round pick - around the league he's an unlikeable player, not viewed as much of a starter hence is now overpayed as a 6th man at $15.5 mil for 3 years, defense and 3pt shooting is rock bottom, his semi-demand for a trade and  then top it off with his pending legal case and he's viewed as a negative asset.  I don't think his value is that low but as it stands I don't think it's top 10 value - I'm hoping I'm dead wrong. All it takes is one team.

A more likely trade maybe #16 and Knight from the Suns. But they are also trying to get back in top 10 to select Young - "package No. 16, No. 31 and "maybe someone like Marquese Chriss" to try to wiggle their way back into the top 10."

Denver: #30 

Knicks: #14, #34, Shro

Hawks: Noah, #9, Faried

That doesn't get us back into Young/Porter/Bamba range. But Mikal Bridges or Carter should be available + we keep 19. We would have 46.5M of expiring contracts to potentially trade next off-season to sign FAs.

17 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not happening. Why wouldn't the trade partner just draft their player in the top 10?

Because if they were interested in that trade in the first place, it would be due to wanting Dennis as their immediate 18/7 starting PG. Plus the opportunity to find a diamond at 19 (like Collins for us last year) and the very valuable 34th pick where bargains like Greyson Allen might be had. Not saying that’s irresistible, just saying somebody like Orlando might bite.

We need to draft a scorer! I don’t dislike any of these bigs we’ve been rumored to get but if you can’t score damn points at will then you can’t win.

im hoping the rumors for Trae Young are true or getting Porter Jr somehow. At the same time if we do go with a big say Mo Bamba or Bagley then that just tells me that Dennis is in the long term plans here and I’m fine with that too but I’d much rather go after a lethal potential scorer in porter Jr rather than getting one of these centers.

being honest though ...I believe bagley will be selected. I don’t consider bagley a scorer like others do. He kinda was just a put back machine with an extremely high motor. Which is ok cause bagleys motor is probably one thing I can say he has over majority players in this draft but he’s not a pure scorer in my eyes just a capable one. If he can put the ball on the ground at the nba level he’s likely going to be really good since he already has the speed over most bigs.

but in my opinion since coach pierce is more defensive minded than offensive I say we grab a talent like young or porter jr for him to coach up their defense. Bagley just don’t do anything spectacular to me out side of a quick second jump and being a great rim runner. Porter jr and Trae has lethal offensive potential...get one of them and go hard after Nerlens Noel in free agency is my plan.