• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's your natural strengths/weaknesses for the 2018 NBA Draft Prospects?

NBASupes

38 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Every Basketball player to have ever played the game has flaws. That includes MJ, LeBron, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Hakeem, Marvin Williams, O.J. Mayo, Mike Muscala, Chris Crawford, Cal Browdler, Steve Smith and Dominique Wilkins. But what can they overcome and what can't they overcome is the question. 

I’ll go a step further..Bagley will be the best Duke player to ever play in the nba when it’s all said n done. This includes:

Grant Hill 

Elton Brand

Kyrie Irving

and whoever was the most productive Duke guy...that’s how much confidence I have in this guy.

Bagley a Hawk is a dream come true.

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

And with Bagley, he was literally born to be a star...I truly believe this. I usually tell my gf who has a “hall of fame” face and we usually track my predictions. I remember saying Chris Paul had one and a few other guys back in the day like Alonzo Mourning and others. 

Bagley has that face. He is a can’t miss prospect in my mind. I’m just hoping the Kings don’t steal him.

I remember saying the same about CP3, like, even though I don't like him as much as Deron, CP3 is just a great player. Why can't he be great in the NBA. All of this talk about CP3's wingspan, is he a freak athlete, can he defend NBA PG's, is more like John Stockton, how would he translate. Even some saying Felton is a better prospect in the right system. Fast forward to today and anyone who passed him up looks like idiots except the Jazz as Deron was right there with him till the injuries kicked in. 

Sometimes, you just need to keep it simple. Bagley can score all over the place. In the NBA, we have seen guys with no skill, no great athletic ability and not great at finishing average 15PPG, we seen guys like Bosh average 26 with nowhere near the athletic ability of Bagley. Why is it so hard to see this guy will be an offensive MONSTER? We don't have that right now. 

We don't have anyone special offensively. Collins is mainly a rim running, PnR threat with potential at his range. Prince is the black hedo T. Dennis will be much better if he's not a #1 option again. Baze should improve from his best season ever last year. Why not draft the BPA which is Bagley. We know he has a lot to work on but damn near this whole roster does as well. Draft the best player and make it work. It's just that simple. 

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ll go a step further..Bagley will be the best Duke player to ever play in the nba when it’s all said n done. This includes:

Grant Hill 

Elton Brand

Kyrie Irving

and whoever was the most productive Duke guy...that’s how much confidence I have in this guy.

Bagley a Hawk is a dream come true.

I agree. I really agree. That's not disrespect to any of those guys as well as Tatum. Bagley is just on a completely different level athletically. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I agree. I really agree. That's not disrespect to any of those guys as well as Tatum. Bagley is just on a completely different level athletically. 

Yup. We finally got a high pick in a great draft. Let’s cash in. Bagley needs to be the pick if he’s available otherwise I’m going to feel cheated.

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

People say Bagley can only do certain things but he does them so well it’s crazy. Reminds me of James Worthy... you knew exactly what was coming but couldn’t stop it. 

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

People say Bagley can only do certain things but he does them so well it’s crazy. Reminds me of James Worthy... you knew exactly what was coming but couldn’t stop it. 

He does remind me of Worthy as well. That first step. 

James didn't have the scoring instincts, the rebounding, and some of the other athletic traits Bagley has but James knew how to play and he was just a sensational athlete at 6'9. 

Out of likes but agree with most of what’s been said.  Something about the kid just screams great player. I’m hoping the kings just want to get atl to trade up. I think donic will be alright but I have a feeling bagley will be better.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He does remind me of Worthy as well. That first step. 

James didn't have the scoring instincts, the rebounding, and some of the other athletic traits Bagley has but James knew how to play and he was just a sensational athlete at 6'9. 

Yup. First step big game James.

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Another thing to look at with Bagley is look at his stats when the lights were brightest. He was a menace in the ACC's and the NCAA's: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/marvin-bagleyiii-1/gamelog/2018

To cap off 2017, he just put up 32 and 21 against Florida St. lol.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

To cap off 2017, he just put up 32 and 21 against Florida St. lol.

I watched the game, it felt like one of the those rookie LeBron games where he doesn't seem to be playing all that great, game ends and he has 32/21 and you are like WTF! That's why i like him so much. He does rare things and really isn't that good yet. 

If all that has been opined by the posters on this board, is true, why would Bagley fall to the third pick?

Realistically, a player of that caliber will have to be taken within the first two picks.

Personally, I think Bagley and Ayton are the first two picks.   

15 minutes ago, ggp said:

If all that has been opined by the posters on this board, is true, why would Bagley fall to the third pick?

Realistically, a player of that caliber will have to be taken within the first two picks.

He should be #1 over Ayton and Doncic. As of right now, hes #2 on most mocks but I think the Kings will take a wing over a big.

15 minutes ago, ggp said:

Why did Michael Jordan go 3rd? 

50 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Why did Michael Jordan go 3rd? 

Hakeem was assumed to be the best prospect by far. 

Bowie translated better than Jordan even though Jordan was clearly a better player. 

MJ simply didn't have a position. Was he a PG? Was he a SF? At the time, all SGs had to be shooters. He was too small for SF? Teams didn't know how he was translate but they did love his talent. At first MJ was used as a PG.

Bowie translated better than Jordan even though Jordan was clearly a better player. 

MJ simply didn't have a position. Was he a PG? Was he a SF? At the time, all SGs had to be shooters. He was too small for SF? Teams didn't know how he was translate but they did love his talent. At first MJ was used as a PG.

You know, I never thought about the point you're making, but you're right that a player like Jordan didn't really exist before him. Someone like Dominique basically played his whole career shoehorned in at SF when Dominique would've had a much easier time as a SG.

Just now, nathan2331 said:
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You know, I never thought about the point you're making, but you're right that a player like Jordan didn't really exist before him. Someone like Dominique basically played his whole career shoehorned in at SF when Dominique would've had a much easier time as a SG.

Nope. He was the first of his kind. Kevin Johnson was the first of his kind. A PG who was a great athlete that had PG skills. Then we got the Steve Francis, Baron Davis which lead to the Rose, Westbrook and Walls of the world.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yup..rhetorical question meant for ggp with ..”why would Bagley go 3rd”...

• Moderators
15 hours ago, NBASupes said:

For Bamba's section: 

That goes for all of these prospects. For Bamba, if you feel like he develop into a shooter, that his lack of lower body bulk and frame won't hinder him as much due to his athletic profile, or that you feel like his motor will be more consistent at the next level, you take him as he can be a star otherwise...

One of my worries that sticks out more for Bamba than anyone else is that he is both the oldest of all the elite prospects and the guy who is most raw in terms of skills and BBIQ.  He has the best physical tools of anyone in the draft but the farthest to go as a basketball player, IMO.