• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone have cold feet about Doncic?

JTB

Starting to hear rumors that we are again interested in Doncic...now of course we have to take every rumor we hear with a grain of salt until Thursday night but just let me say this..I’m high on Doncic (a 6 foot 8 passing SG/SF with a good looking jumpshot is intriguing)....but I’m scared to select him !

not nearly as afraid as I am of the hawks selecting JJJ but as we get closer  Doncic while I do like him I’m afraid of actually getting him unless we can someone pick in the top 10 twice .

thoughts?

I go back and forth on every one of these prospects.  He's definitely got the skills to be a quality player.  I think he could develop into a Joe Johnson type on offense, which is a great thing to have as long as we build properly around him.  He can't be the only thing we've got and expect to be good again.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I go back and forth on every one of these prospects.  He's definitely got the skills to be a quality player.  I think he could develop into a Joe Johnson type on offense, which is a great thing to have as long as we build properly around him.  He can't be the only thing we've got and expect to be good again.  

Think 240 lb Joe. Not 225 lb. Joe.

Just now, EazyRoc said:

Think 240 lb Joe. Not 225 lb. Joe.

I don't care about the weight.  Joe was crafty and knew how to use his size to his advantage.  He was also an excellent facilitator.  I see those same things with Doncic.  That's the only comparisons I was trying to make.  

Doncic is going to be good. Not only that, he will make everyone around him better. Honestly I’m more worried that we’re wont select him.

If we select Doncic, I personally feel like we have adapted to the new nba ball of sharing and moving without the ball. 

Id be very happy with Doncic as he was my fav prospect from the start. Well when we had Bud, I wanted Doncic even more..also Mikal Bridges would have fit perfectly with Bud but also fits perfect with Lloyd’s D.

• Like 2

To be honest, the clips I have seen of Doncic do not look impressive to me.  

I think his ball handling is a bit clumsy.  His shot outside of the arc is not great.  I also think he is flat out slow.  My hope is that he can turn fat into muscle and develop some quickness.    

Of course, he is very young and can develop into a sharp shooter from the arc, but right now, I just don't see what everyone else is excited about.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Doncic is going to be good. Not only that, he will make everyone around him better. Honestly I’m more worried that we’re wont select him.

If we select Doncic, I personally feel like we have adapted to the new nba ball of sharing and moving without the ball. 

Id be very happy with Doncic as he was my fav prospect from the start. Well when we had Bud, I wanted Doncic even more..also Mikal Bridges would have fit perfectly with Bud but also fits perfect with Lloyd’s D.

Agree with all this (especially the bolded part) except that he wasn't my favorite prospect from the start.  Only after I watched him more did I buy in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Agree with all this (especially the bolded part) except that he wasn't my favorite prospect from the start.  Only after I watched him more did I buy in.

I started with Doncic and Mikal with Bud..after Bud I wanted Bagley/Bamba....then Young/Porter. I’ve circled all the way back around to Luka. I think we need to take him at 3 if he’s there...if not I’d go Bagley at 3...Trae is a reach at 3 but if we believe in him we should just grab him like we did TP at 12 a couple years back. Just reach nobody will care if he makes it.

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

IMO, we have never seen a player like Doncic.  If Ben Simmons could shoot, that may your best comparison.  

Ben Simmons is not a good comparison at all. Doncic is no where close to the athlete Simmons is. He does look good in fast break situations though.

15 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I don't care about the weight.  Joe was crafty and knew how to use his size to his advantage.  He was also an excellent facilitator.  I see those same things with Doncic.  That's the only comparisons I was trying to make.  

I bring up the weight to make a point that should be familiar to people who watched the Hawks prior to 07. Joe fell off around the same time his weight went up. Post up and step back mid range became his bread and butter. Not bad, but not the lead dog we need. 

Just now, warcore said:

Doesn't matter he's going #2

Vlade won’t pass on Luka...it’s like Lavar passing on Lonzo if he had the chance to draft him...(actually I don’t know Lavar is pretty shady lol).

Vlade will be to Doncic what Lavar is to Lonzo.

ps Random thought but Doncic’s mom is hot and the girls that are his fans...hotter! Yikes it’s like he got the got soccer World Cup women to all be his fans.

Ahhhhh to be Luka for a day in Europe! Or MPJ in the greater Washington state area.. they r loving life!