• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk is a motherf*@*ing monster!

NBASupes

Just now, ATLBob said:

Guess I don't at all concede that JJJ has a lower ceiling, but even if their ceilings were similar, JJJ has a much higher floor.

His skillset translates right now. He will be a better defensive player than Bamba if both only reach their median projection, he'll be better defensively right away, and he's much more versatile. 

Basically he's better, and his 3 ball is better.

That's where we differ.  I think JJJ had a better season because he was in a better system but I think Bamba will be the better pro.  I expect JJJ to settle in as a decent big if he doesn't bust altogether.

We should just agree to disagree.  I don't want to turn into another bizarro odd couple like Supes/KB. :laugh:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ggp said:

I am sorry for being so obtuse, but I need to clarify.  Is it going to go down like this?:

We have a deal for Chicago's #7.  The deal involves the Hawks' #19 and #30 picks, Dennis Schröder and some bad contracts going back to the Hawks.

The Hawks use the newly acquired #7 and works a trade with Memphis for their #4.  

Memphis gets Parsons off their books, as well as the #7 pick.  The Hawks acquire the #4.

Hawks' Draft:

#3:  Mo Bamba (the Hawks' BPA)

#4:  Luca Doncic.  They either keep Luca or work a big deal with another team.  

Is that it?   

We are working on a deal in that framework which is coming together. We do not have a deal with them yet but they are closing in. Correct... Dedmon and Dennis to Chicago.

Not sure but I would imagine. He didn't speak about Memphis on the call. 

Ayton isn't on their board.

That means Bamba is the best player to them over Bagley, Doncic, Young, JJJ, etc.

Correct. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Not that but that Doncic wasn't their BPA when they were selling that he was their BPA and that's what their going to take, their BPA. All Travis ever talks about is taking the best available prospect.

Everywhere you look, Bamba is slotted at 5 or 6. If what your source says is true, we will take Bamba over Doncic if a trade cannot be made. Two or three spots is nothing if Schlenk, Pierce, and team truly believe Bamba, and not Doncic, is the franchise changer.

51 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don't follow.  A proposed deal with Chicago can't work because of financials and he's being lauded as some master of the off season?

Well, lets look at what Supes actually said mixed in with the emotion OMGs.  

Atlanta gives up 

Dennis - $15.5

Dedmon - $7.2

19/30

So the base cap number coming in is $22.7 million. The Bulls are $13.9 million over the cap with holds, $9.2 million under the cap if they renounce their free agents. After renouncing their free agents, the Hawks are $19 million under. So as long as the Hawks don't take back $41 million in salary and the Bulls send out at least $14 million in salary, this deal works under the cap. 

Now we know Asik is a part of any deal. ($11.3 million)  The Bulls need to include $2.7 million or more in salary for this deal to work.  The player coming back would have to be a PG or Center to make room for Dennis and Dedmon.  Available players are Vonleh, Dunn or Felicio at this salary. My bet is Vonleh and the deal works with the CBA. 

Dennis/Dedmon/19/30 for Asik/Vonleh/#7.

This sounds like a sound rumor.

• Like 1

JJJ issue is similar to Doncic and Young. He is extremely high on some teams board. But are in they in the top 10 and are they willing to trade a lot to get him. If Dallas passes on him, Chicago would need to take him. But if they pass, CLE and NY will pass unless someone trades up. I would imagine in the case of JJJ, someone will. Maybe Denver. Probably Denver. 

For Trae, it's Atlanta or bust. Chicago is Carter Jr outside of trades. Cleveland likes Sexton more. The Knicks hyping Knox and Mikal Bridges.  Maybe the Knicks. But teams are saying that Young will be available at 12. He is not the for person to say that since workouts concluded for most prospects.

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Kinda troubles me.  I mean, if every team wants the guy.  All the good teams love the guy.  Why not just take the guy?

Don't get enamored with all the shiny things.  At the end of the day, we need 'the guy'.

Because buy low, sell high.  If everyone wants him, you can get a similar player at 4, 5, 6 but get a future 1st pick to make it all work.  If everyone wants it....bidding wars the only winner is the seller.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Atlanta gives up 

Dennis - $15.5

Dedmon - $7.2

19/30

So the base cap number coming in is $22.7 million. The Bulls are $13.9 million over the cap with holds, $9.2 million under the cap if they renounce their free agents. After renouncing their free agents, the Hawks are $19 million under. So as long as the Hawks don't take back $41 million in salary and the Bulls send out at least $14 million in salary, this deal works under the cap. 

Now we know Asik is a part of any deal. ($11.3 million)  The Bulls need to include $2.7 million or more in salary for this deal to work.  The player coming back would have to be a PG or Center to make room for Dennis and Dedmon.  Available players are Vonleh, Dunn or Felicio at this salary. My bet is Vonleh and the deal works with the CBA. 

Until you take into account the Bulls apparently want Bamba or JJJ.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2782268-bulls-trade-rumors-chicago-hoping-to-move-up-for-mo-bamba-jaren-jackson-jr

https://www.blogabull.com/2018/6/21/17487322/bulls-draft-rumors-will-garpax-cash-in-some-equity-to-trade-up-this-draft

Not saying the rumored Supes trade cannot happen. It is just the Bulls worked really hard to get into the lottery and now they want out. That part does not make a lot of sense.

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Atlanta gives up 

Dennis - $15.5

Dedmon - $7.2

19/30

Try Payne/Felicio and Asik

I take any of Supes reports with a grain of salt honestly, but if Atlanta takes back Felicio and Asik, renounces all FA's, stretch Plumlee we could graze underneath the cap with Parsons, Asik, Felicio and the #4 pick. Depending on who we draft, our depth chart would be heavy on the non-mobile bigs though

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We are working on a deal in that framework which is coming together. We do not have a deal with them yet but they are closing in. Correct... Dedmon and Dennis to Chicago.

Not sure but I would imagine. He didn't speak about Memphis on the call. 

Ayton isn't on their board.

That means Bamba is the best player to them over Bagley, Doncic, Young, JJJ, etc.

Correct. 

If the deal doesn't happen and we're just looking at 3, is it Luka or Bamba?

• Admin
1 minute ago, Dragitoff said:

I take any of Supes reports with a grain of salt honestly

I have always believed him ... things don't always work out as intended so even if the trade does not happen it does not mean the framework is not currently being put together.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Because buy low, sell high.  If everyone wants him, you can get a similar player at 4, 5, 6 but get a future 1st pick to make it all work.  If everyone wants it....bidding wars the only winner is the seller.

It doesn't work that way when you're looking for 'the guy'.  If Doncic is the alpha we need, it don't matter how many betas we draft at 5, 6, 10 or wherever we end up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It doesn't work that way when you're looking for 'the guy'.  If Doncic is the alpha we need, it don't matter how many betas we draft at 5, 6, 10 or wherever we end up.

This.  I hope our GM understands that. 

3 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I take any of Supes reports with a grain of salt honestly, but if Atlanta takes back Felicio and Asik, renounces all FA's, stretch Plumlee we could graze underneath the cap with Parsons, Asik, Felicio and the #4 pick. Depending on who we draft, our depth chart would be heavy on the non-mobile bigs though

randmid_1284153161_riley.jpg

Who said these are the only deals Atlanta is looking to make? 

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

randmid_1284153161_riley.jpg

Who said these are the only deals Atlanta is looking to make? 

If we dealt Schröder, Dedmon, #19/#30, and the Bulls #7, and we are allegedly keeping Baze, Collins, Prince, what else of any value do we have?  Not to mention we'd be at the cap as I outlined in my post, which means we couldn't take back more on a bad deal beyond those deals.  

5 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

If we dealt Schröder, Dedmon, #19/#30, and the Bulls #7, and we are allegedly keeping Baze, Collins, Prince, what else of any value do we have?  Not to mention we'd be at the cap as I outlined in my post, which means we couldn't take back more on a bad deal beyond those deals.  

dot, dot, dot .... Lebron .....

Mind Blown

And if that didn't get your attention, maybe ...

Jenna Mind Blown

• Like 3