• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk is a motherf*@*ing monster!

NBASupes

Just now, ggp said:

The thing is that this draft is perfectly set up for the Hawks to make several moves that would culminate in a roster featuring:  Collins, Prince, Bamba, Doncic and Young.  

The deals are there to be made.  Drafting Doncic and then lazily trading him for Young and other assets that stand questionable chances of panning out, is a big gaff.

The Hawks should finish tonight with the above mentioned starting roster.  The team would surely suffer through at least one dismal season, but in two years could be the fastest rising team in the league.  

It's the draft, there's no guarantee they could have every deal work in their favor so easily. You gotta have patience in these situations. Patience with the front office and patience with the players getting a chance to prove themselves. 

ALL of the players stand questionable chances of panning out. I trust that any players we end out with will be put in the best positions they can to develop and succeed. Until they have proven that they won't, I won't be negatively judging the players we take a chance on before they've even played. 

Now David Griffin and David ALdrige are saying Hawks ownership wants Trae Young and that the Front Office want Luka Doncic.   David Griffin gave a scenario where Atlanta trades #3 pick & Bazemore for the 5th pick and Wes Mattews.  

4 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Now David Griffin and David ALdrige are saying Hawks ownership wants Trae Young and that the Front Office want Luka Doncic.   David Griffin gave a scenario where Atlanta trades #3 pick & Bazemore for the 5th pick and Wes Mattews.  

F*c! THAT! Bazemore should be kept. We're not spending on FA next two years and he helps us hit the minimum salary cap, plays hard, and is a great locker room guy. His contract also lines up perfectly with when we want to spend. We will need him around as a player coach with all these young players. I will get arrested if that trade happens.

• Like 1

Supes can definitely be a roller coaster and I used to laugh and scoff at these “insider” reports. But that ended when 2 of his recent scoops panned out to a T in a way that definitely wasn’t a coincidence. I don’t recall the exact details, I just remember twice thinking to myself “damn, I thought he was a fool but I’ll never doubt again.” I’ll continue to rol my eyes at much of his speculation, but his insider has proven to be the real deal and not imaginary like I always thought. BTW: if Schlloyd lands Donciccio and LaBamba, my 2 favorite players in this draft, he’s automatically in my hawks GM HoF.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hazer said:

Supes can definitely be a roller coaster and I used to laugh and scoff at these “insider” reports. But that ended when 2 of his recent scoops panned out to a T in a way that definitely wasn’t a coincidence. I don’t recall the exact details, I just remember twice thinking to myself “damn, I thought he was a fool but I’ll never doubt again.” I’ll continue to rol my eyes at much of his speculation, but his insider has proven to be the real deal and not imaginary like I always thought. BTW: if Schlloyd lands Donciccio and LaBamba, my 2 favorite players in this draft, he’s automatically in my hawks GM HoF.

Get ready for the big letdown

27 minutes ago, warcore said:

F*c! THAT! Bazemore should be kept. We're not spending on FA next two years and he helps us hit the minimum salary cap, plays hard, and is a great locker room guy. His contract also lines up perfectly with when we want to spend. We will need him around as a player coach with all these young players. I will get arrested if that trade happens.

That's garbage right there.

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

That's not an attack on you warcore. Number 3 and Baze for Matthews and number 5 is a weak deal for the Hawks.

Again, it is Travis Schlenk.  Did anyone actually expect that he could win a deal?

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Supes did say the ask was high.

Dallas with Doncic and Baze added would be a threat for a eighth seed. Their first is not worth that much.

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

Despite the fact that I'm in the rebuild camp, I'm not one of the pro Schlenk guys. I'm not sold on him at all.

Schlenk is terrible, and there is a difference in rebuilding and outright tanking.  Rebuilding is what Danny Ferry did in 2013.  

Just now, KB21 said:

Schlenk is terrible, and there is a difference in rebuilding and outright tanking.  Rebuilding is what Danny Ferry did in 2013.  

Yeah, but they didn't win anything. They just build another Babcock era team with the ceiling of not being able to compete with the best teams in the playoffs. Which is what happened.

• Like 2