• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight trying to re-create the 2004 Pistons

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

It's deja vu all over again.  I know we have some old heads still around.  I can't help but to think that the Hawks are back in copycat mode. At some I hope the Hawks get the guts to lead rather than chase.  

• Like 1

There's nothing wrong with being aggressive with trends.  It may not work but it's a gamble that you can assemble a team that mirrors success.  We definitely drafted "Warrior-lite" but as the make up of the team changes, so will the execution or strategy.  I love the shooter mentality, but our coach emphasizes defense.  We will see.

Considering how long Travis spent there, I am not sure not sure the comparison works.  While I know he dines on the Draymond pick, I am not positive about his involvement in the rest of their roster. 

The NBA like all leagues is a copycat league and I suppose if we are going to build a team in ones image, better it be a dynasty like the Warriors than the somewhat aberrant Pistons.

• Premium Member

Trae Young is a bench player in the NBA.  I hope I'm wrong. His slow feet and lack of athleticism does not give me hope.  I hear the Curry 2.0 stuff but I don't get it. My best comp is Jimmer Fredette.

4 minutes ago, NineOhTheRino said:

Trae Young is a bench player in the NBA.  I hope I'm wrong. His slow feet and lack of athleticism does not give me hope.  I hear the Curry 2.0 stuff but I don't get it. My best comp is Jimmer Fredette.

LOL. Ok Bud! He doesn’t have “slow” feet. He’s not John Wall. He’s about as quick as Steph. 

42 minutes ago, NineOhTheRino said:

I'm curious if you think Trae Young has slow feet, What do you think about Doncic?

47 minutes ago, NineOhTheRino said:

Do any of you actually watch these players play?  

Let me know when Jimmer Fredette showed the passing ability and ability to elevate those around him like Young has done.  

Billy Knight was always such an idiot, merely copying other teams and refusing to try something out of the box.  He'd never have been creative enough to, say, do what the Mavs did and move up to the third spot in the draft to take a Euro player out of a Spanish basketball league in the hopes that he'd be a star.