• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

But Steph did show flashes right away, so did CP3. 

It is only two semi-organized summer league games.  Gotta give it more time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I think #5 play here with Nash looked liked several tough layups made by Trae today. He’s definitely going be a lot like Nash imo..same speedy too. Also #5 was against us.. ? 

Steve Nash was absolutely sick! I almost forgot.

3 hours ago, terrell said:

Marvin with great defensive instincts..Can really, really, shoot. At 6'11 with a 7'6 wingspan? Ill take it...

Yep, that is what he is. Marvin was 6'9 with 7'4 wingspan

Both are legit 4s but JJJ is better suited to play it. I do worry about JJJ post defense. It's a WIP. Like Marvin, he can out talent people in SL.

Not concerned with Trae at all. A shooter like that doesn't become a bust as a shooter. He's just in a funk. If he was hitting his shots, nobody would be saying anything negative about his play.

Outside of the shooting funk, he has shown to have great court vision with his passes, some good defensive instincts that I didn't even knew he had, and hasn't been afraid of having the ball in his hands.

What he needs to work on though is finding ways around bigger guys in the paint with his lay-ups. That will come in time.

But so far, outside of missing his shots (who cares, summer league, we all know he can shoot), I have been impressed.

• Like 2

I always said it will take time for Trae to develop. The NBA is freakishly athletic. It will have to adjust. Once he does, his potential will go up fast and his impact will last a lifetime depending on the status of his health.

• Like 2

vor 9 Stunden, nathan2331 sagte:

I want to hate on Trae like I did on draft night, but it won't change anything. I honestly don't think he's been that bad, I just have to hope Pierce will reel in his shooting in time. If Trae is going to be successful, it's gonna be as a 20-12 player, not 30-8. We really need to get a SG though, I don't know if Huerter is the answer (and he doesn't have to be).

hes actually been worse than his numbers indicate. all his production came when the other team no longer gave a lollypop and build a 20+point lead. and he did everything to get them those leads with those shooting heroics and shit team leading. hes honestly overhyped and its not doing him any good. he could be an ok unortodox rotation player one day, but thats about it. to base your team offensive strategy on a rookies ill advised shots falling is straight bullcrap. curry had to prove himself in various ways before taking so many trick shots.

his college fg% and TO rate translate very well in to what i think he would do if you just let him do what he feels like. hope dennis is back soon to humble him in practice.

vor einer Stunde, NBASupes sagte:

I always said it will take time for Trae to develop. The NBA is freakishly athletic. It will have to adjust. Once he does, his potential will go up fast and his impact will last a lifetime depending on the status of his health.

tell me more about "impact"? like the impact on your team mates when they go running up and down the floor, doing this and that, just to see this guy throw up shots from all over the place?

thats negative impact, unless you make allot of them each night and actually have your main game based on being very good at the basics  as well.

2 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

hes actually been worse than his numbers indicate. all his production came when the other team no longer gave a lollypop and build a 20+point lead. and he did everything to get them those leads with those shooting heroics and shit team leading. hes honestly overhyped and its not doing him any good. he could be an ok unortodox rotation player one day, but thats about it. to base your team offensive strategy on a rookies ill advised shots falling is straight bullcrap. curry had to prove himself in various ways before taking so many trick shots.

his college fg% and TO rate translate very well in to what i think he would do if you just let him do what he feels like. hope dennis is back soon to humble him in practice.

Curry came in with bad shot selection and still has terrible shot selection. 

Trae is a boom or bust prospect. He needs time to develop and he has to learn how to impact the game. Something Steph knew how to do instantly has he was a three year college player. He didn't leave as a freshman. Dennis was the worst player in the NBA as a rookie with Giannis. Both had to tremendously develop and both did. Giannis just never hit a ceiling and Dennis did.

Trae ceiling is a lot higher than Dennis. But Dennis is much better right now than Trae. Its not close either. 

• Like 3

Curry came in with bad shot selection and still has terrible shot selection. 

Trae is a boom or bust prospect. He needs time to develop and he has to learn how to impact the game. Something Steph knew how to do instantly has he was a three year college player. He didn't leave as a freshman. Dennis was the worst player in the NBA as a rookie with Giannis. Both had to tremendously develop and both did. Giannis just never hit a ceiling and Dennis did.

Trae ceiling is a lot higher than Dennis. But Dennis is much better right now than Trae. Its not close either. 

i agree hes essentially a boom or bust player, at least that whas the idea drafting him it seems. but look at the kids face...do you see a superstar? i see a g league or china face. not even a euro face. same goes for his physical tools. i give your hopes a 3% chance.

mark my words

Just now, DS17Fanboy said:

tell me more about "impact"? like the impact on your team mates when they go running up and down the floor, doing this and that, just to see this guy throw up shots from all over the place?

thats negative impact, unless you make allot of them each night and actually have your main game based on being very good at the basics  as well.

Impact is making winning plays. Making teammates better. Executing on plays. Forcing the defense into tough decisions. Making the game easier for your team. Doing it possession by possession and forcing the opponent to gameplan and scheme to stop said player. 

A role player can be an impact player, Kyle Korver in Atlanta for example. But Al was the key that made everything work. He was the one Cleveland gameplan for and others did as well but we less success than they had with Korver who just lacks the talent. 

Someone like Dennis, teams just read the scouting report and try to force him to play into their hands. Overdribble, force him into the paint or force him to shoot a jumper but dont allow the mid range jumper or a driving lane. 

What Trae could potentially do is everything. Shoot the jumper, space the floor with range,  create for others with the PnR, shoot the mid range, attack the defense and draw fouls. Offensively, there is nothing he can't do as a PG. But his polish isn't there right now and he's not athletic enough right now to force the defense hand. This is why development is needed for him. 

Boom or bust means, if he doesn't improve, he likely out of the NBA. If he tremendously improves, you are talking about a MVP candidate and potential franchise changing player. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

i agree hes essentially a boom or bust player, at least that whas the idea drafting him it seems. but look at the kids face...do you see a superstar? i see a g league or china face. not even a euro face. same goes for his physical tools. i give your hopes a 3% chance.

mark my words

Almost all boom or bust get around 50% for me. Even the ones I dont like like Jordan Crawford and Marshon Brooks. Kobe Bryant was a boom or bust. Russell Westbrook was a boom or bust. Whiteside and DeAndre Jordan, boom or bust. Josh Selby, B or B. But rarely are boom or busts PGs and like Trae Young. Most of those types mastered the PG position in college coming into the NBA. They just have to adjust physically and find their role. Trae is talent rare. He can score like a 2 but passing and feel for the game like a 1. He will take time. Maybe 2 years. Maybe more. But patience will be the key when dealing with Young.

• Like 1

Impact is making winning plays. Making teammates better. Executing on plays. Forcing the defense into tough decisions. Making the game easier for your team. Doing it possession by possession and forcing the opponent to gameplan and scheme to stop said player. 

A role player can be an impact player, Kyle Korver in Atlanta for example. But Al was the key that made everything work. He was the one Cleveland gameplan for and others did as well but we less success than they had with Korver who just lacks the talent. 

Someone like Dennis, teams just read the scouting report and try to force him to play into their hands. Overdribble, force him into the paint or force him to shoot a jumper but dont allow the mid range jumper or a driving lane. 

What Trae could potentially do is everything. Shoot the jumper, space the floor with range,  create for others with the PnR, shoot the mid range, attack the defense and draw fouls. Offensively, there is nothing he can't do as a PG. But his polish isn't there right now and he's not athletic enough right now to force the defense hand. This is why development is needed for him. 

Boom or bust means, if he doesn't improve, he likely out of the NBA. If he tremendously improves, you are talking about a MVP candidate and potential franchise changing player. 

i know what all this means, but there is also negative impact...and dennis at least has elite speed and a weird lanky cat like body type to utilize his limited options. while he did improve his shooting and is still a few years away from his prime.

ur trying to stear this away towards comparing him to a negativistic view of dennis each time and make me argue for dennis. try instead to compare him with doncic when the season gets rolling, because that is my actual argument.

• Like 2

Just now, DS17Fanboy said:

i know what all this means, but there is also negative impact...and dennis at least has elite speed and a weird lanky cat like body type to utilize his limited options. while he did improve his shooting and is still a few years away from his prime.

ur trying to stear this away towards comparing him to a negativistic view of dennis each time and make me argue for dennis. try instead to compare him with doncic when the season gets rolling, because that is my actual argument.

I agree. Dennis was never a boom or bust prospect. Dennis was a very low floor, high ceiling type like Giannis. The difference between them was their ceiling. Giannis had none, Dennis did. 

Doncic is a clearly better prospect who could end up a better PG as well. But Atlanta chose to go super upside. Trae can be the best player in the NBA if he develops while Doncic is much better right now and much better within the next two years. 

Trae upside is elite and MVP level. Doncic upside is very good and perennial all star good. That's the difference. Even if Trae has a ways to go and possibly might not even get there. Luka at worse is a very good role player, that's the decision the Hawks will have to live with. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

But Steph did show flashes right away, so did CP3. 

Trae has shown flashes as well. Steph also was a JUNIOR when he came out of Davidson. You're borderline hating right now. It's sad as hell honestly

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RWF said:

Not concerned with Trae at all. A shooter like that doesn't become a bust as a shooter. He's just in a funk. If he was hitting his shots, nobody would be saying anything negative about his play.

Outside of the shooting funk, he has shown to have great court vision with his passes, some good defensive instincts that I didn't even knew he had, and hasn't been afraid of having the ball in his hands.

What he needs to work on though is finding ways around bigger guys in the paint with his lay-ups. That will come in time.

But so far, outside of missing his shots (who cares, summer league, we all know he can shoot), I have been impressed.

Yeah he's strength is looking like a huge problem. Everytime he's taken a bump in the paint he's lost control of the ball to the point he can't even get a decent shot attempt up

• Like 1