• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pelicans have “had discussions” about acquiring Atlanta Hawks point guard Dennis Schröder in trade

GameTime

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Packfill said:

Trae and Dennis playing together would be fun to watch offensively (although the offense will surely be wildly inefficient) but will be cringe worthy on the defensive end.  

Wildly inefficient offense is not fun.

Who does New Orleans have that you would honestly want? This is why I don't care for the extra tip toeing into rebuilding mode. You start trading 7's for 4's and it starts to get uglier and uglier and we fall into a rabbit hole that's a struggle to get out of from losing habits, constant reaches, missed free agent game changers, and the outlook of the bottom of the barrel team. F the process. How many lottery picks did the 76ers fumble before they finally got it right? I already forgot their Centers name they drafted before Embid. Michael Carter Williams was a waste. Not too mention this is the only squad that can be referred to as a successful rebuild after tanking. Orlando, Pheonix, Chicago, Sacremento are teams in this mold and I wouldn't want to be anyone of them. Celtics, Pacers and other teams have stayed competitive and used a mixed bag to reassemble their teams. We actually have some solid young pieces in Collins, Prince, Dorsey (starting to show form), (a healthy) Bembry and before last season was over I wanted to add Dennis to this list. The 3 new rookies we picked are still in question but potential is there and Spellman looks as if he can become better than Draymond so I'm happy with that. What I'm not happy with is rooting to lose. Especially if we are just going to trade picks we worked so hard to lose for to move down in the draft while getting more pics just to continue the same trend. I almost bought season tickets but who wants to watch/invest in their team losing and when can we expect the turn around? This is the last year I'd expect to not make the playoffs and honestly I want us to put our talent to the test and see where we really stand. I think all the tankers should buy season tickets and tell me how much you want to see that again after the season. Sorry I was a little off topic but I wouldn't trade any of our players for any of New Orleans players not name AD or Jrue Holiday. Possibly Mirotic but not for Dennis. Y'all are highly short selling that man and unlike Teague, Dennis is actually the type of player with the heart and grit to make us pay for our foolishness. 

7 hours ago, sillent said:

Who does New Orleans have that you would honestly want? This is why I don't care for the extra tip toeing into rebuilding mode. You start trading 7's for 4's and it starts to get uglier and uglier and we fall into a rabbit hole that's a struggle to get out of from losing habits, constant reaches, missed free agent game changers, and the outlook of the bottom of the barrel team. F the process. How many lottery picks did the 76ers fumble before they finally got it right? I already forgot their Centers name they drafted before Embid. Michael Carter Williams was a waste. Not too mention this is the only squad that can be referred to as a successful rebuild after tanking. Orlando, Pheonix, Chicago, Sacremento are teams in this mold and I wouldn't want to be anyone of them. Celtics, Pacers and other teams have stayed competitive and used a mixed bag to reassemble their teams. We actually have some solid young pieces in Collins, Prince, Dorsey (starting to show form), (a healthy) Bembry and before last season was over I wanted to add Dennis to this list. The 3 new rookies we picked are still in question but potential is there and Spellman looks as if he can become better than Draymond so I'm happy with that. What I'm not happy with is rooting to lose. Especially if we are just going to trade picks we worked so hard to lose for to move down in the draft while getting more pics just to continue the same trend. I almost bought season tickets but who wants to watch/invest in their team losing and when can we expect the turn around? This is the last year I'd expect to not make the playoffs and honestly I want us to put our talent to the test and see where we really stand. I think all the tankers should buy season tickets and tell me how much you want to see that again after the season. Sorry I was a little off topic but I wouldn't trade any of our players for any of New Orleans players not name AD or Jrue Holiday. Possibly Mirotic but not for Dennis. Y'all are highly short selling that man and unlike Teague, Dennis is actually the type of player with the heart and grit to make us pay for our foolishness. 

No offens, but can you please try paragraphs? Once I see a large block of letters my natural instinct is to skip over it completely lol just saying

• Like 1

I would take Solomon and a 1st for Dennis.  Like many said above you miss on more picks than you hit.   If we get Dallas and our pick next year we should have two Lottery picks.  No Lebron in Cleveland looks like that first is going to turn into 2 2nds.  If we added NO's 1st at least we are looking at the 1st maybe 3 lottery picks.  That would be the best we can hope for Dennis at this point.  Questionable 3 point shoot if off the floor idiocy have just not made him much of an asset.  If I thought he wouldn't be a locker room cancer next year (I do) he could benefit Trey by pushing him in practice and giving him a year to learn and play most minutes against 2nd unit players in year one.  I think he will be a nightmare for us next year with bad effort.  

Hell he might be the best player in the yard in prison next year for all we know