• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pelicans have “had discussions” about acquiring Atlanta Hawks point guard Dennis Schröder in trade

GameTime

14 hours ago, warcore said:

Travis trying to trick them so their cap is tied up when AD is a free agent.

I'll take expirings and draft picks please.

If it ever happens it will be nice to see Schlenk actually spend a buck on a starter. AD would be just incredible for us. Pretty damn sure Trae could work with that but I'm coming back down to earth about now so...how many years away for that chance?

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, warcore said:

Travis trying to trick them so their cap is tied up when AD is a free agent.

I'll take expirings and draft picks please.

NOP is over the salary cap so they have to send us matching salaries. I don't think they have enough expirings they'd be willing to send us to match Dennis' $15 mil salary to send to the Hawks. Mirotic ($12) annd Ajinca ($5) are the only expirings.

Solomon Hill and E'Twan Moore can be used to mstch salaries but they aren't expirings.

41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Probably happened before they got Payton.

I think so too.

18 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

NOP is over the salary cap so they have to send us matching salaries. I don't think they have enough expirings they'd be willing to send us to match Dennis' $15 mil salary to send to the Hawks. Mirotic ($12) annd Ajinca ($5) are the only expirings.

Solomon Hill and E'Twan Moore can be used to mstch salaries but they aren't expirings.

I think so too.

Solomon Hill and their 2019 1st?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Solomon Hill and their 2019 1st?

I think we'd also have to take Ajinca's expiring. They can't take back more than they are sending out. Hawks can though since we have capspace.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'll be generous - they can give us their unprotected first from the season in which AD becomes a FA.  That way they have more assets to win now and convince him to stay.  And when their continued incompetence resulting in him leaving then there is better upside.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Trae is at least a year away and practicing every day against Dennis will only make him better, In the meantime, Dennis can increase his trade value by starting and keeping his head on straight. I think Dennis and Baze starting hurt our lottery odds but looking for value in the return is the way to go,

Schlenk and Ressler may not have disillusions about the playoffs this year, but I don't think they want to be remembered for putting together the worse team in franchise history either,

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Trae is at least a year away and practicing every day against Dennis will only make him better, In the meantime, Dennis can increase his trade value by starting and keeping his head on straight. I think Dennis and Baze starting hurt our lottery odds but looking for value in the return is the way to go,

Schlenk and Ressler may not have disillusions about the playoffs this year, but I don't think they want to be remembered for putting together the worse team in franchise history either,

This tank will be shortened by keeping Dennis IMO. If we must trade him, we need to be clear winners in the trade by acquiring either an unprotected pick or a player who could help us win when we need to start winning.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

This tank will be shortened by keeping Dennis IMO. If we must trade him, we need to be clear winners in the trade by acquiring either an unprotected pick or a player who could help us win when we need to start winning.

Just two seasons ago I think Dennis could have got us a top 15 pick. If he gets it together quickly, that value could return by the all star break.The other thing to note is next years draft class is crap for point guards and that could help Dennis's value increase even more.

I am not sold on quite a few point guards in the league and by the all star break and/or next years draft several teams could be scrambling for one.

1-Patience, this is not a one year rebuild,

2-Anytime you take BPA, you can duplicate positions.

Trading Dennis at whatever point is something that will happen but to think that on paper we will win the trade straight up is probably off. As for the health of our team's future that trade will indeed occur sometime but demanding first rounders will be pointless am thinking unless it is well into the twenties. As others have stated, Trae definitely needs time to develop so don't think Schlenk is so ready to pull that trigger just yet. Trade deadline or even next offseason seems much more likely.

31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Just two seasons ago I think Dennis could have got us a top 15 pick. If he gets it together quickly, that value could return by the all star break.The other thing to note is next years draft class is crap for point guards and that could help Dennis's value increase even more.

I am not sold on quite a few point guards in the league and by the all star break and/or next years draft several teams could be scrambling for one.

1-Patience, this is not a one year rebuild,

2-Anytime you take BPA, you can duplicate positions.

I agree this isn’t a 1 year rebuild, but after this season, we need to be positioning to actually win games or at least look like an attractive destination. This will be the difference between a 3-5 rebuild and a 6-10 year tank. If we consistently try to bottom out our team just to get a better pick we will suck for a long time. I think with potentially 2-3 lottery picks next year, we will have built up quite the roster of assets. 2019-2020 we should at least try to be on the playoff bubble even if we don’t get in. There’s a handful of good FA entering 2019-2020 FAcy and if we could offer two MAXs to go with an already solid, deep roster in need of 2 key players we could catapult to contender status.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Trading Dennis at whatever point is something that will happen but to think that on paper we will win the trade straight up is probably off. As for the health of our team's future that trade will indeed occur sometime but demanding first rounders will be pointless am thinking unless it is well into the twenties. As others have stated, Trae definitely needs time to develop so don't think Schlenk is so ready to pull that trigger just yet. Trade deadline or even next offseason seems much more likely.

This depends on how desperate a team is for a starting PG.

5 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I agree this isn’t a 1 year rebuild, but after this season, we need to be positioning to actually win games or at least look like an attractive destination. This will be the difference between a 3-5 rebuild and a 6-10 year tank. If we consistently try to bottom out our team just to get a better pick we will suck for a long time. I think with potentially 2-3 lottery picks next year, we will have built up quite the roster of assets. 2019-2020 we should at least try to be on the playoff bubble even if we don’t get in. There’s a handful of good FA entering 2019-2020 FAcy and if we could offer two MAXs to go with an already solid, deep roster in need of 2 key players we could catapult to contender status.

In 2019/20 we will have around 40 in cap. In 2020/21 we will have enough to offer two max deals; but that is only if we do not use up one in 2019/20.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It won't be often but it will happen. I can see Bazemore and Huerter playing the 2 and 3 while Prince gets a rest; or Huerter and Prince while Baze rest. Then there is our five bigs, Dedmon, Collins, Spellman, Moose, Plumlee. We have enough talent to have some decent rotations, I think the key is going to be making sure we pair some vets with the rookies.

Many thought Schlenk was blowing smoke. I think his message is a little more direct. We are not desperate to make a big move this year. Let those who are sweat this out.

• Like 1