• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Dennis trade talk should stop immediately!!!

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

Then why did you respond to me and rail against my ignorance?

I think I used words like "Y'all" and "uninformed" but if you want to take it personally...I got nothing for you.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Flight said:

IT could come in and give us the same lack of defense and amount of losses with less than half the felonies lol

Na.

IT will only be about proving that he is healthy so some team can back up the brinks truck for him next offseason.

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think I used words like "Y'all" and "uninformed" but if you want to take it personally...I got nothing for you.

It don’t feel hurt.  I just think you’re being argumentative and looking for a fight, which is your right if you get your rocks off by trolling.  

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

It don’t feel hurt.  I just think you’re being argumentative and looking for a fight, which is your right if you get your rocks off by trolling.  

whatever dude

6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

whatever dude

I’m not a super frequent poster, but I read enough to know that several people have said the same thing to you (AHF for one, and boy—if he criticizes you, as measured as he is, you know you earned it).  I think you should slow down a little and read posts more carefully before firing off a contrarian reply.  More times than not, you don’t even disagree with the person you’re trying to argue with.  

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 0:44 AM, buzzerbeater4three said:

That is a true statement....Trae isn't ready. Hopefully these SL games can help him shake that funk off. It's frustrating to see when other rookies he'll be linked to are more productive. Look, he's going to have bumps and slumps. Glad he's doing it now and learning how the NBA game runs.

On 7/6/2018 at 0:57 AM, Buzzard said:

I think the trade Dennis at all cost talk is way over blown. Besides being our starting point guard, he was also our leading scorer. I think eventually Dennis will be moved; but it will not be for a bag of peanuts and a coke; as many around here seem to think, If that were the case, he'd already be gone.

From all reports no one is going to give us anything for Dennis but 2nd round picks and bad contracts.  If I didn't think he will be a locker room cancer and would actually work with Trey to learn the NBA game I would love for him to stay a year and let Trey get his minutes against 2nd unit players.  Dennis actually has a skill set that is strong in areas where Trey needs to learn and improve. He knows how to shoot and pass better than Dennis now.  If he could learn to attack the rim as a smaller player and use his speed against stronger longer defenders like Dennis does it would be great.  I just think with Dennis wanting out, knowing he has been replaced, and showing he is knucklehead off the court he won't help develop trey and will just be a chucked next year trying to get his PPG as high as possible to try and get out of Atlanta.  He went work to make our young wings or bigs better this season will be all about ME for Dennis.  

He could be the bear player in picks games in the yard at a prison by years end for all we know.  If the Solomon Jones and NO 1st is a deal I say we take it.  We could sign Isiah Thomas to a one year deal maybe to let Trey have a year to develop.  Not sure IT wouldn't have a lot of the same problems I see from Dennis but at least he is not a criminal and was seen as a good teammate until Cleveland and LeBron.

On 7/6/2018 at 1:05 PM, AHF said:

I agree we need someone other than Trae to start the season if his SL is an indication of how raw he is.  That can be Dennis but doesn't need to be.

Available point guard free agents

• Isaiah Thomas 
  • Jason Terry
  • Ty Lawson
  • Jordan "True Baller" Crawford
  • Jameer Nelson
  • Devin Harris
  • Jarrett Jack
  • Ramon Sessions
  • Aaron Brooks
  • Mario Chalmers
  • Shane Larkin 
  • Josh Maggette
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

• Isaiah Thomas 
  • Jason Terry
  • Ty Lawson
  • Jameer Nelson
  • Devin Harris
  • Jarrett Jack
  • Ramon Sessions
  • Aaron Brooks
  • Mario Chalmers
  • Shane Larkin 
  • Josh Maggette

Jameer Nelson

jarrett Jack

aaron brooks

to show Tra sum stuff eh?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

• Isaiah Thomas 
  • Jason Terry
  • Ty Lawson
  • Jameer Nelson
  • Devin Harris
  • Jarrett Jack
  • Ramon Sessions
  • Aaron Brooks
  • Mario Chalmers
  • Shane Larkin 
  • Josh Maggette

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Jameer Nelson

jarrett Jack

aaron brooks

to show Tra sum stuff eh?

Only 2 on that list: Nelson and Jack.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's a chucker, though.

Hmmm...ya possibly at times..but throughout some career moments I’ve seen him make some craft passes and play within a system. Early on in his career though he was flinging it in Houston no doubt. I can take him or leave him. 

If we are looking  for a high lottery pick and not worried about win totals Ty Lawson is the type of player who would probably embrace a mentor role for Trey and accept he is getting paid a lot of money to mentor a young player.  Jason Terry retiring a Hawk would be a feel good story if nothing else.  Jameer Nelson would also probably be a good mentor and I think I've heard he wants to coach post playing career.  Good chance to show he can be a player  / coach and might parlay a season of steady improvement by Trey into a coaching job.  Maybe on the Hawks if he really shows something.

IT is gonna play for a contract and would probably make us better if he can still physically do what he could pre hip.  Dont think he would be as willing to come in to be a mentor but I also never heard anything bad about him in the locker room pre Cleveland and the list of players (especially) PG's that struggle playing with LeBron is steady growing.  (Side note if that continues the LeBron Daddy Ball show could be a total train wreck next year).

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

all this locker room cancer talk is overblown and prolly contrary to day to day reality. dennis his market value is in a sellers market and with it comes his 70 million contract. a contender might spend that but they all have better or equally good pointguards.

but of course its because of dennis being a cancer etc. srsly us sports is weird as f***. how can you enjoy the game when hating so much? is it all about bugmen pipedreaming?

I'd say this is definitely a buyer's market for him given the depth of talent at the position around the league, the fact that we just drafted his heir apparent, and his off the court issues.  Couple that with the fact that he is a bit of a tough sell to an established team (someone who negatively impacts floor spacing given his weak 3pt shot and who has been more liability than asset on defense to date in his career) and I think it is absolutely a buyer's market for him (which means return is unlikely to amount to much).  I am sure Schlenk is hoping he plays well and bolsters his value next season (like he did with his hot play at the beginning of last season).

Now the talk of "locker room cancer" does seem too far to me.  If he made amends after his media and social media provocations earlier this year, then I don't see why he would be a cancer in the looker room since that has never been his reputation here.  Not saying he couldn't be a cancer -- just saying that as a fan without access to the locker room that I don't see enough that "locker room cancer" would be motivating me to support a trade in the way that I could get behind with Dwight.

For Dennis, it is more about his contract, whether management believes he has a place here longterm (reaching for Trae in the draft suggests to me that Schlenk doesn't) and the fit with him and Trae (because developing Trae is a higher priority and if he is helpful to that this is a plus for keeping him and if he makes development harder then that is a reason to move him).