One more Tank season then Try to get K.A.T

wolvetigers

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The course has been set with not resigning Milsap, Bud leaving, jettisoning Dennis etc.

This is Butler's detriment to a young team.

Jimmy's problem is that he tries to lead by example, and expects everyone else to give 100% effort, if he's giving that effort.   Jimmy would have major problem with Trae Young giving up on the court, like he did at times at Oklahoma, when the opponent was getting the best of him.  On the flip side though, the numbers don't lie.  The T-Wolves were on pace to win 52 games, had Jimmy played the entire season.   That would mean the T-Wolves would be the #3 seed in the West, playing New Orleans.  

Instead, that team without Jimmy could barely hold onto the 8th seed, and ended up playing Houston.

If the star player on the team is an a-hole, but the team is winning, I'd have to be content with the a-hole.

My fear is this:

With all of this talk about obtaining "draft capital", we're going to end up losing out on guys that could actually accelerate this rebuild.  Young teams do not win in this league . . period.  But if you add a few high quality vets around them, that can actually help accelerate their growth ( see Boston, and how their young guys have developed around All-Star, but not necessarily superstar players ).

I am not cool with watching this team be a bottom 5 squad for the next 2 - 3 years.  The only way to avoid that, is to start adding quality veteran pieces.

But if they want to keep playing the lottery, they may as well trade Baze right now for peanuts.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Jimmy's problem is that he tries to lead by example, and expects everyone else to give 100% effort, if he's giving that effort.   Jimmy would have major problem with Trae Young giving up on the court, like he did at times at Oklahoma, when the opponent was getting the best of him.  On the flip side though, the numbers don't lie.  The T-Wolves were on pace to win 52 games, had Jimmy played the entire season.   That would mean the T-Wolves would be the #3 seed in the West, playing New Orleans.  

Instead, that team without Jimmy could barely hold onto the 8th seed, and ended up playing Houston.

If the star player on the team is an a-hole, but the team is winning, I'd have to be content with the a-hole.

My fear is this:

With all of this talk about obtaining "draft capital", we're going to end up losing out on guys that could actually accelerate this rebuild.  Young teams do not win in this league . . period.  But if you add a few high quality vets around them, that can actually help accelerate their growth ( see Boston, and how their young guys have developed around All-Star, but not necessarily superstar players ).

I am not cool with watching this team be a bottom 5 squad for the next 2 - 3 years.  The only way to avoid that, is to start adding quality veteran pieces.

But if they want to keep playing the lottery, they may as well trade Baze right now for peanuts.

There's leading by example, like Tim Duncan whose teammates love him dearly.  Then there's Jimmy's style whose teammate apparently don't.

There are ways to lead that don't belittle your teammates.  Pippen said he wasnt a good leader in Chicago disrespecting the coaches etc. He and DWade played keep away from the young guys in actual games.

Schlrnk has already said teams make mistakes by rushing the rebuilding process and he won't.

Fizdale agrees:

"New coach David Fizdale seemed on board with not making any big splash before free agency. “We want to build it from the ground up culturally, through the draft, like Steve is talking about. We don’t want to jump at the shiny things,” Fizdale said. “We want to make solid decisions and be patient with this process. I’m a big part of that process. If I get rattled or start trying to nudge these guys, I’m too big a chunk to be disrupting this process. I’m locked into developing these kids and pouring in everything that I have into that right now.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ha.

You and @Spud2nique give up the new country? Brad's lonely.

Omg my ? Braaaaaaad! Well, my iPhone ? usually has realgm on my homescreen....it was taken off by accident a while back and that’s why I usually forget to visit. 

I may may pop in there and say ? to Brad and co. I’m just afraid I’m gonna upset or insult him somehow. ? Plus he loves drinking alone... ? 

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I thought you were about to say that spud is rubbin' off on you .... (hehe

? I wish you all knew how fine I was...it’s a tragedy for me to be hidden. I’m at 8.7% bodyfat and have the face of a (enter ur race) Brad Pitt...so like for @kg01 it would be Filipino Brad Pitt. Too bad I’m too modest to post pics...

AHF sweating ?...

Dont worry bro no more flexing pics ? 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

There's leading by example, like Tim Duncan whose teammates love him dearly.  Then there's Jimmy's style whose teammate apparently don't.

There are ways to lead that don't belittle your teammates.  Pippen said he wasnt a good leader in Chicago disrespecting the coaches etc. He and DWade played keep away from the young guys in actual games.

Schlrnk has already said teams make mistakes by rushing the rebuilding process and he won't.

Fizdale agrees:

"New coach David Fizdale seemed on board with not making any big splash before free agency. “We want to build it from the ground up culturally, through the draft, like Steve is talking about. We don’t want to jump at the shiny things,” Fizdale said. “We want to make solid decisions and be patient with this process. I’m a big part of that process. If I get rattled or start trying to nudge these guys, I’m too big a chunk to be disrupting this process. I’m locked into developing these kids and pouring in everything that I have into that right now.”

Kyrie:  You know what?   Boston is a great city, and I enjoyed my time here.  But I've always wanted to be a New York Knick.

Fizdale:   Kyrie wants to be a Knick?  We'll pass.  We want to stick with the process and avoid the shiny things in free agency.  We want to build a winner with KP, Young Timmy Hardaway, Ft. Knox, and La Femme Nikita.

Image result for omar epps face gif

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kyrie:  You know what?   Boston is a great city, and I enjoyed my time here.  But I've always wanted to be a New York Knick.

Fizdale:   Kyrie wants to be a Knick?  We'll pass.  We want to stick with the process and avoid the shiny things in free agency.  We want to build a winner with KP, Young Timmy Hardaway, Ft. Knox, and La Femme Nikita.

There's a difference between signing Kyrie as a FA vs trading for Jimmy Butler today, particularly when he's about to become a FA and they'd have the capspace to do so.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

? I wish you all knew how fine I was...it’s a tragedy for me to be hidden. I’m at 8.7% bodyfat and have the face of a (enter ur race) Brad Pitt...so like for @kg01 it would be Filipino Brad Pitt. Too bad I’m too modest to post pics...

AHF sweating ?...

Dont worry bro no more flexing pics ? 

:read:

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

So no one wants to own up that I was right that KAT was never going to go anywhere? Mmm kay then.

That was a very safe bet. But you also said Butler wasn't going anywhere on the first page. Not boasting about that one, huh? 

Anyway, KAT's an insane offensive talent, but I have a hard time seeing him lead the Wolves to playoffs unless they can get an immediate impact player in return for Butler. Similar to the Pacers and Oladipo. Even then the West has 9 other legitimate playoff contenders.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

So no one wants to own up that I was right that KAT was never going to go anywhere? Mmm kay then.

I think most were hoping Minny would be dumb enough to trade KAT. :biggrin:

I think the overall consensus was that Butler and Thibs would be gone before KAT.

But you did say Jimmy wasn't going anywhere either.

• Like 1