• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One more Tank season then Try to get K.A.T

wolvetigers

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

They still got it. They will get something back from a Butler trade. When he went down last year they had nothing to replace him with but still held on to make the playoffs with an almost 50 win team.

I'm not worried too much about the TWolves as long as KAT stays.

Jimmy is ALL about the money!!

Per Woj on TV:
Apparently Jimmy is mad that the Wolves didn’t clear $50 mil in space this summer so they could renegotiate his deal. Yikes.

Don't expect a Butler trade soon.

Butler wants a trade to a team that plans to sign him to a five-year, maximum contract that could be worth $190 million in the summer, and his list could expand based upon the Timberwolves and rival teams' willingness to negotiate a trade for him, league sources said.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

1-3 teams huh..I’m gonna say the Rockets ? have to be a team that’s interested, unfortunately they don’t have the assets. Please not the Celtics..let it be the Knicks or something.

Nicks, Nyets, Clipps.

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And before anyone goes into their usual song and dance about why we shouldn't bring in "said" player, tell me what is your alternative?  Because when we all talk about bringing in free agents in the future, we act like there's no way any one comes to Atlanta.   Well if Jimmy is all about the money, that's the one leverage we'll have that most teams don't.  Trade for him, let him play.  Even let him whine, if need be.

If trading for Jimmy works, then we've just acquired at the minimum a "Joe Johnson in his prime" level player that is an All-Star and potential All-NBA player, without sacrificing too much.

If it doesn't work, we simply let him walk when his contract is up, and go with what we have.

If Jimmy is about the money, we'll definitely have that next summer, with Baze and Prince gone.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And before anyone goes into their usual song and dance about why we shouldn't bring in "said" player, tell me what is your alternative?  Because when we all talk about bringing in free agents in the future, we act like there's no way any one comes to Atlanta.   Well if Jimmy is all about the money, that's the one leverage we'll have that most teams don't.  Trade for him, let him play.  Even let him whine, if need be.

If trading for Jimmy works, then we've just acquired at the minimum a "Joe Johnson in his prime" level player that is an All-Star and potential All-NBA player, without sacrificing too much.

If it doesn't work, we simply let him walk when his contract is up, and go with what we have.

If Jimmy is about the money, we'll definitely have that next summer, with Baze and Prince gone.

Honestly, my first thought was that we should offer Baze.  My only issue with you is including #FingerPrintz.  That's too rich an offer considering MIN is in desperation-mode despite what soth-wrong wants us to believe.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Wurider05 said:

this is what you have to be careful of. They had a good young nucleus with KAT/Wiggins and here comes Butler wanting to be the man and he was. There is resentment between KAT/Wiggins and Butler.  

And that young core didn't do anything until Butler arrived.  And when he got hurt, they almost free fell out of the playoffs.

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And that young core didn't do anything until Butler arrived.  And when he got hurt, they almost free fell out of the playoffs.

I can't disagree with that enough. They "didn't do" anything because they were kids out there in the toughest conference in all four major sports learning how to play. And when he got hurt, twice, they still won games and almost won 50 games in the West.

This is why they aren't in desperation mode despite what someone else thinks. They still have KAT, Wiggins, Teague, Gibson and decent to good reserve players in Dieng and Jones. If they get rid of Butler they'll get something back from him as well. 

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I can't disagree with that enough. They "didn't do" anything because they were kids out there in the toughest conference in all four major sports learning how to play. And when he got hurt, twice, they still won games and almost won 50 games in the West.

This is why they aren't in desperation mode despite what someone else thinks. They still have KAT, Wiggins, Teague, Gibson and decent to good reserve players in Dieng and Jones. If they get rid of Butler they'll get something back from him as well. 

6gh

For the record, I'm just pokin' the bear since I know that's your team.

I do think they are in desperation mode.  Any team who's best player/pseudo-leader requests a trade 4 days before camp starts is in desperation mode regardless of the fact that they'll have a solid(ish) team.

Also, apparently, NBARadio is set to feature the Twolves on Wednesday.  That's where they're on-site at camp and pretty much interview all the coaches and top players.  Think this is a comfortable time for them?

@Sothron I’m sorry but the ? ‘s HAVE to be in desperation mode. Butler is basically initiating the trade for the Wolves with only the three teams listed otherwise he won’t sign an extension. How does that not put the Wolves in desperation mode Soth? I mean, who is it on the Knicks or Clippers roster that really even excites you for a Butler trade? I dunno ??‍♂️ man but ur Wolves are ran as piss poor as my lions ? and that’s turning out to be a fact because they have botched up 2 rebuilds..the kg, spree and cassell era and now this one...

If I’m them, I try and trade KAT also for a haul and start over again. I wouldn’t wanna go forward with KAT and Wiggins as my team leaders. The ? is sinking I ?...

39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Last year with Jimmy in the lineup, the T-Wolves were 37 - 22

Without him, they were 10 - 13

That's pretty dramatic.  That also means that outside of KAT, they don't have enough impact players to even be a .500 team, let alone a playoff level team, if Butler isn't in the mix.

Maybe a couple of "glue guys" like Baze and Prince would be better for KAT to function off of, seeing that the T-Wolves were also a horrible defensive team last season ( 27th )

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This hug was 80% less awkward than the Wolves' situation right now ...

awkward hug

Meanwhile @Sothron is all ...

1gjdAX7

C'mon soth, even you gotta laugh at that one.  You've graduated from 'soth-wrong' to 'Baghdad-soth', btw.  (Google: Baghdad Bob if you don't get the reference.)

? Leslie the man! That’s an ? gif..even AHF peed a lil..

• Like 1

T-Wolves also had a losing record ( 13 - 17 ) vs the "lowly" Eastern Conference.   They were 34 - 18 vs the West.

Sorry, but a team with . . .

#1 pick - KAT

#1 pick - Wiggins

#1 pick - Rose ( albeit a shell of himself )

. . . gets no excuses to not be able to ball without one of their key guys out.  Especially when most of their bench guys are seasoned veterans.

Had that been the Hawks, the fan base would've been all over those guys for underachieving.

• Premium Member

Jimmy wants to be the Face of a Franchise and be paid $190 million over 5 years.  I don't see the Hawks switching course bringing in a 30 year old Jimmy and making him the FOTF in lieu of Collins and Trae.

He's had difficulty with the young players on his last two teams. Might be a him problem.

(I read one rumor about Jimmy messing with KAT's girl but....)