• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game Theory Podcast (Sam Veceni): 50 plus minutes of Hawks talk

KB21

2 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

You said you "don't see anything at this point that suggests he'll be a high level basketball player when it matters". That's not writing him off?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Coach K fan, and I don't think Duke or any other university is some magical institution that's gonna make him a star NBA player. But Zion has got a lot of things going for him even if his athleticism is a big part of that. He's a very good rebounder and he's a shot blocker despite being undersized. He's got handles and passing ability considering he hit a late growth spurt and was a PG beforehand. I don't think he's particularly skilled, but it's still better than most big men. The shot needs to come along if he wants to be a superstar, but if he puts the work in I don't see why he won't improve his deficiencies.

Like I said before, I wouldn't want him at #1 necessarily considering the other prospects available, but if he's on the board at the Mavs/Cavs pick or we could trade back up for him, I'd like to see us make the move. Obviously we'll have to see how the college season plays out.

Hey, don't be getting all 'matter-of-fact'y with me.  I get enough of that from mrs. kg01. :happy:

At the end of the day, I think we have the same assessment regarding his draft status for us.  If we take a flier on him with whichever of the 3 1sts is the lowest, I got no issue with that.  If we take him with the first of our picks, I'll be pissed.

I don't like enough of the 'good' that he brings to the table for me to be comfortable making him the centerpiece of our draft.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 4:51 PM, KB21 said:

Being a number one option is not the reason he loses his focus on defense at times.  That's nothing more than an excuse, and I'm not real certain where that baloney excuse originated.  He loses his focus because he has never been pushed by the coaching he has received to this point, and guess what?  He's not going to be pushed at Duke either.  Sorry, @falconfan13.  That's one of the big problems with these AAU products.  The AAU circuit does nothing to exploit these young players for the shoe companies.  AAU coaches breathe sweet nothings into their ears and tell them how great they are, and when it comes to pushing them and developing their skills, they get absolutely nothing at that level.  

I am so confused did i reply in this thread or something?   I don't even know what were talking about here after i read what you just wrote lol or was i thrown in just because you remembered i was a duke fan lol.

40 minutes ago, falconfan13 said:

I am so confused did i reply in this thread or something?   I don't even know what were talking about here after i read what you just wrote lol or was i thrown in just because you remembered i was a duke fan lol.

I put that in there because of your response to my "Coach K has stopped coaching" comments previously.

19 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I put that in there because of your response to my "Coach K has stopped coaching" comments previously.

Fool that was decades ago don't bring up ancient stuff XD   I am only a Duke fan because of Coach K no other reason at all. Once he is gone i'll have nothing to do with them.  Just like i also like the Spurs only because of Pop.  Once he is gone i won't support them either as a secondary team.   I really don't have a team in college basketball i root for just because their my team or home team like i do every other sport.   Like no matter who is there i support FSU in college football.  Falcons, Braves, and Hawks will be my teams for pro sports forever even if they piss me off and i threaten to leave multiple times it never happens lol.   But college B-ball is just meh for me.

• Like 1