• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Boy Jeff Siegel at it again

Peoriabird

32 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

No I don't accept that. I mentioned your expectations. Mine are two years from now or less. Your is 5 to 10 years. Keep it straight. The first off season of the rebuild was 2017: trading Dwight, letting SAP walk, and drafting Collins. That was most certainly the rebuild primer.

We make the playoffs with a team full of 21-26 year olds instead of one 30 year old aging all-star. That is known as showing promise vs deteriorating. That is what I expect.

The problem with your prediction of 5 - 10 years is when we do make the playoffs after year 3 or 4, you will show up bragging about how you were only 1 or 2 years off. In my mind your outside number is the one you should live by; but that would require us to be like the Kings as you also predicted.

So, just two years?  Surely there are examples of teams who completely bottom out their roster of talent, acquire no impact veterans, and try to build solely through the draft that proves this 2 year stint is even realistic.

29 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, just two years?  Surely there are examples of teams who completely bottom out their roster of talent, acquire no impact veterans, and try to build solely through the draft that proves this 2 year stint is even realistic.

You have been shown a 100 ways to Sunday how the best teams get built with a least one lottery pick. I am not going to show you for the 101st. This is why I ignore you. We show you how its done through the lottery yet you never show us how it is done without the lottery. Welcome back to ignore.

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

You have been shown a 100 ways to Sunday how the best teams get built with a least one lottery pick. I am not going to show you for the 101st. This is why I ignore you. We show you how its done through the lottery yet you never show us how it is done without the lottery. Welcome back to ignore.

I don't consider Dennis, Bazemore, Prince, Collins, and Dedmon bottoming out. A difference of a opinion here as well. I call it rebuilding when you have those players, cap space, and future picks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

I don't consider Dennis, Bazemore, Prince, Collins, and Dedmon bottoming out. A difference of a opinion here as well. I call it rebuilding when you have those players, cap space, and future picks.

And we trade Dennis; pick up Len and draft Trae. Again, rebuilding and not bottoming out.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

So, you are putting lipstick on a pig then.  The fact that you want to place me on ignore proves that you can't win this debate.

Travis Schlenk very clearly bottomed this team out from a talent standpoint.  But since you want to ignore the truth, just wait and see.

For you 2K players, here is an interesting Hawks rebuild.

Without giving the contents of the video away, one of the interesting things I saw ( but wasn't commented on ), was the fact that Jeremy Lin won 6th man of the year . . . twice in the next 3 years.

Also, Schröder wasn't traded and played the 6th man role . . . and actually played well.

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

So, you are putting lipstick on a pig then.  The fact that you want to place me on ignore proves that you can't win this debate.

Travis Schlenk very clearly bottomed this team out from a talent standpoint.  But since you want to ignore the truth, just wait and see.

24 wins is not bottomed out. It sucks but we went through bottomed before. This was just bad. KB, you really need to stop beating the tank horse at this point. You can't go back and change it, so best to try and be a positive voice to fix it moving forward.

8 hours ago, KB21 said:

...The fact that you want to place me on ignore proves that you can't win this debate.

You have zero self-awareness...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thecampster said:

24 wins is not bottomed out. It sucks but we went through bottomed before. This was just bad. KB, you really need to stop beating the tank horse at this point. You can't go back and change it, so best to try and be a positive voice to fix it moving forward.

You are not going to be able to convince me that what Travis Schlenk did to this roster last season was anything but bottoming out for a high draft pick.

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, KB21 said:

You are not going to be able to convince me that what Travis Schlenk did to this roster last season was anything but bottoming out for a high draft pick.

Some of the roster changes were influenced by Bud.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Some of the roster changes were influenced by Bud.

Nooo!  Surely not, Coach Buttz?

He was trying to win a title last season until big bad Travis and Ressler stepped in.

Ignore the fact that MIL keeps signing these middling ex-Hawk guys.  I'm sure that has nothing to do with Buttz

• Like 3

KB21 said that the Hawks bottomed out last season for a lottery pick.  Atlanta got said lottery pick, PG Trae Young.  No argument here.  Hawks got who they wanted.

Will he lead us to more victories now or any time in the near future?  Good question.  Then, they added two more first round picks  Will either of these young men bring anything to the team this season?  More than one web sight gives us a grade "C" for selecting Kevin Huerter where we did, stating that there were some better players available.  One web sight gave the Hawks an "F" for taking Omari Spellman at all.  They expect him to be a complete failure as an NBA player.

Right now, Atlanta is expected to start Jeremy Lin at PG instead of Dennis, if he is healthy enough, which we hope he is.  The other four are veterans from last season.  The three rookies will not be as good the three veterans we opened the season with last year.  But, those three all left at or before the trade deadline.  By the trade deadline this season, I believe our three rookies will be much better than the players that were added last season after the trade deadline.

What will our new coaches do?  And, for that matter, what will the addition of Vince Carter do to this team?  Also, don't forget the other additions to the team.  The Hawks, on paper, look to be deeper than last season, at least to me and my rose colored glasses.  Call me a homer.  I admit that I am.

Until I see this team lose, over and over without any hope of winning, I'm gonna believe.  Optimism flows me like a nice mountain of spring water!

GO ATL HAWKS!

PS.  How about those Atlanta Dream girls!  They win again!!

• Like 3