• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Taurean Prince's Purpose...

JayBirdHawk

They are the ones that will be holding up Eastern Conference championships and NBA championships. It may be down the road, but I know success is coming our way. Just like every team. Every team has their runs. Every team has their moment where they go through hard times, it just so happens to be ours. That doesn’t mean we need to crumble under the pressure that's added; we just need to work harder to get back to where the Atlanta Hawks and the City of Atlanta knows it can be.”

Definitely not a long time Atlanta sports fan. :hang3:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Another TP article.

Dang you might be the only one ridin his ? harder than me ?...ur all up on that! ? First Kawhi And now Prince. I figured out our prototype player is a hard working, in shape, skinny but ripped dawg of a player who plays with heart. Next guy on this list might be Terrance Ferguson.... we shall see.

Go ? go!!!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Dang you might be the only one ridin his ? harder than me ?...ur all up on that! ? First Kawhi And now Prince. I figured out our prototype player is a hard working, in shape, skinny but ripped dawg of a player who plays with heart. Next guy on this list might be Terrance Ferguson.... we shall see.

Go ? go!!!!

I have high expectations for him this season. I want to see him put it all together especially defensively. He has the tools.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

it would be easy to overlook Taurean Prince. If not for a late-season breakout in the scoring department during his second season, in fact, it is possible that Prince’s national recognition would be considerably lower at the moment.

However, Prince did put together an incredibly productive run at the end of the 2017-2018 campaign and, as a result of that and his overall profile, the former Baylor standout made an appearance on an intriguing list. 

I never thought Prince would crack 30 points in an NBA game, but he did it four times in the second half of last season, including two 38-point games in mid-March. Of course, the Hawks were thoroughly tanking at that time, and it is unclear what to make of those outbursts when combined with Prince’s general inconsistency and the regression he showed on defense. Theoretically, though, there is now a clear path toward the 24-year-old turning himself into more than a 3-and-D guy. If he can clean up his handle, maintain his 38.5-percent mark from 3-point range and play the sort of defense he did as a rookie, he will earn himself a lot of money. CBS Sports

I have high hopes for him. Consistency and Defense.

• Like 2

I’ve always actually been impressed with Prince’s defense but his offense took a crazy rise in the last couple of months of the season it seemed. At least in the last 15-20 game he was going off. 

I was gonna get a Trae jersey but I think my first purchase is ?...just waiting on those black n volt alternate ones to come out.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ve always actually been impressed with Prince’s defense but his offense took a crazy rise in the last couple of months of the season it seemed. At least in the last 15-20 game he was going off. 

I was gonna get a Trae jersey but I think my first purchase is ?...just waiting on those black n volt alternate ones to come out.

He is a or can be a good defender but last year his effort wasn't there.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He is a or can be a good defender but last year his effort wasn't there.  

That’s what I was going to ask you about. I felt like his defense was there. Was it statistically that it wasn’t? Because he always D’s up tight on his man. I mean I watched about all the games. I have to admit thought the last month of the season my attention went so much into tanking that I wasn’t focusing in on individual effort from the players.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s what I was going to ask you about. I felt like his defense was there. Was it statistically that it wasn’t? Because he always D’s up tight on his man. I mean I watched about all the games. I have to admit thought the last month of the season my attention went so much into tanking that I wasn’t focusing in on individual effort from the players.

I saw something different ... as his focus turned to offense last year he seemed to take off the effort on D.  Maybe I am wrong but I thought he was a better on man defender the season before and kind of taken a step back last year.

He could be a stopper and a two way player ... he just has to put in the work/effort to make that happen

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I saw something different ... as his focus turned to offense last year he seemed to take off the effort on D.  Maybe I am wrong but I thought he was a better on man defender the season before and kind of taken a step back last year.

He could be a stopper and a two way player ... he just has to put in the work/effort to make that happen

Yes perhaps because he was a pit bull in year 1 I thought he was D’ing up last year and when he wasn’t I wasn’t too worried for tank purposes. Well I guess he’s capable for sure and if I had to choose I’d want him to be focused on D first and foremost as he’s our most capable defender imo, at least tool wise with his body and speed. Plus we have some better natural offense weapons in Collins and Trae. 

Its gonna be an exciting year for us, even when losing imo. We won’t lose because we get out hustled most nights. We will lose because of our limited experience but we have some guys that just look like they pick up things fast and learn from their mistakes.

• Like 1

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes perhaps because he was a pit bull in year 1 I thought he was D’ing up last year and when he wasn’t I wasn’t too worried for tank purposes. Well I guess he’s capable for sure and if I had to choose I’d want him to be focused on D first and foremost as he’s our most capable defender imo, at least tool wise with his body and speed. Plus we have some better natural offense weapons in Collins and Trae. 

Its gonna be an exciting year for us, even when losing imo. We won’t lose because we get out hustled most nights. We will lose because of our limited experience but we have some guys that just look like they pick up things fast and learn from their mistakes.

RJ Barrett here we come!

• Like 1