• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What??? Seriously Prince??

sillent

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/10/11/17962706/trae-young-game-winner-atlanta-hawks-spurs-preseason-video-analysis-alex-len-taurean-prince

The Hawks seemed to be intentionally going to Prince on the opening possessions running set plays to free him up for open looks. Prince, who is now shooting 64.0% from the field and 63.6% on threes during his three preseason appearances, appears to be reaping the rewards of a well-documented summer of work and dedication to his game.

I know it's only 3 games and preseason games at that but Korver, Ray Allen, Reggie Miller and company better watch out. Prince might be coming to break records. His peers will have to respect then...

• Like 1

I’ve always preferred a more slashing, physical, floor running 3 but if TP masters his game of spacing, defending solidly, and letting the game come to him I’m with it.  Late last year we saw the game slow down for him all of a sudden, a revelation considering he isn’t very quick.  He’s gonna need to build his repertoire off three point pump fakes to get to the next level.  And not that godforsaken step-to-the-side 3 Lames Harden popularized.

11 hours ago, sillent said:

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018/10/11/17962706/trae-young-game-winner-atlanta-hawks-spurs-preseason-video-analysis-alex-len-taurean-prince

The Hawks seemed to be intentionally going to Prince on the opening possessions running set plays to free him up for open looks. Prince, who is now shooting 64.0% from the field and 63.6% on threes during his three preseason appearances, appears to be reaping the rewards of a well-documented summer of work and dedication to his game.

I know it's only 3 games and preseason games at that but Korver, Ray Allen, Reggie Miller and company better watch out. Prince might be coming to break records. His peers will have to respect then...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say if Prince hits 60% from 3 this season the Hawks will be riding high into the playoffs.  

But seriously, I'm excited about him and his reported improvements.  Prince, JC, and Young could make a really fun core to watch this year.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Prince had a pretty strong finish to the season. I think people expecting an All-Star season from Prince will end up being dissapointed... I think if he can hit 17ppg, 6rpg, and turn around his defense those would be realisticly excellent expectations from him. 

He may not make the all star team for whatever reason but if healthy he should definitely have an allstar season. You're right if he doesn't it will be a disappointment. 

• Premium Member
On 13/10/2018 at 0:36 PM, sillent said:

He may not make the all star team for whatever reason but if healthy he should definitely have an allstar season. You're right if he doesn't it will be a disappointment. 

Those are unrealistic expectations he does not deserve at this stage in his career. The guy was weeeell below average overall during his first two years and expecting him to become Kawhi Leonard after one off-season is a massive long shot. The list of players who put together back back seasons of sub 13 PER suddenly becoming All-Star caliber players from one season to the next i would wager is non-existent. If Prince does become the next Jimmy Butler type breakout player it probably won't be until the season after next. Would love to be wrong though.