• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lets talk Front Court Depth

JTB

I know its going to be some years before we really compete for a championship or maybe even get back to the playoffs for that matter but for the past 3 months Ive been extremely restless on talking about 76ers, Raptors, and Bucks front court....Seriously squawk I can't get it out of my head because these 3 teams possess something completely different than the rest of the NBA!

....While everyone else is playing small ball with 6'7 centers and power forwards and 6'5 small forwards... these 3 east teams have approached this era with different makeup to them with their great length front courts and has made it hard for their opponents to match up with it.

...now I know,  I know the current era is all into "small ball" and positionless basketball ...blah,blah,blah....heading into this Finals Series with the Raptors vs Warriors I was wondering if the Raptors would be the first team to hit the Warriors were it really hurts as these Warrior teams have always lacked length in their front court, yet no one could really expose them for it (and the Lebron teams couldn't do it cause they had the same small front court make up)....but here we are, the 5th straight year the warriors are in the finals with the same small ball bullshit but oh.....wait....its different this time around cause they are playing some boys with length and athleticism! ...6'9 and up with the ability to knock down the 3 ball and guess what? ....they are completely destroying this warriors team as the warriors are scrapping for answers to try to match up with them.

BUT IM NOT WRITING THIS TO DISCUSS THE FINALS IM REALLY NOT.....Im mentioning this because in my opinion (in JTB's opinion) I believe that we are gearing up to see yet another shift in the nba just like we saw when the warriors brought back small ball and went on destroying their every opponent the last 5 seasons up to now....we are about to see LENGTH become a priority for front courts or at least should... mark my words!  especially in the east and its because of this different makeup the  76ers, Bucks, & Raptors elite front courts have.

Now I trust Schlenk but I really hope he don't bring over or still believe in that the small ball shit...cause its not going to work against these top 3 east powerhouses (Raptors, Bucks, 76ers)...so im dead ass when I say the hawks need some real length in the front court! NOT 6'5 Bazemore playing SF! ....REAL...DAMN... LENGTH...6'9 and up type guys or we are going to have some big time issues moving forward! We are young but so are they.

Im not sayin the small ball era is over but it may have finally meet its match! Im hoping we draft some much needed lengthy players so we can really compete.

We are clearly short at SF and PF. Right now, Bazemore is more of a SG. We don't have a SF on the roster. Omari is more of a 5, we only have John at the 4 and that's it. Forward(s) is clearly a need. We need at least two. To me center is not a need but we don't have a center for the future as we do at PG, SG, and PF. 

I definitely think Dedmon and maybe bringing back Lin is a possibility. 

• Premium Member

Regarding the Finals - No KD.

Bucks
SF - 6'-8" Middleton
PF - 6-11" Giannis (just a Freak)
C - 7'-0" Lopez

Raptors
SF - 6'-7" Kawhi
PF - 6'-8" Siakim
C - 7'-1" Gasol

Sixers
SF - 6'-8" Butler
PF - 6'-9" Tobias, they also have a 6'-10" PG
C - 7'-0" Embiid

Hawks
SF - 6'-8" TP (b4 trade)
PF - 6'-10" Collins
C - 7'-0" Dedmon, 7'-1" Len

Baze (6'-5") has not been playing much at SF anymore except when injuries force the issue. Huerter is 6'-7" at SG.

Less about height, more about basketball skill level.

• Thanks 2

Cam “Code” Reddish with 8th/SF (6’8)

Sekou ”Doom” Boi-ya with 10th/PF (6’9)

Brutal Fernando with 17th/C (6’10)

They all have very impressive 7’+ wingspans, which is even more important than height. These ain’t small-ballerz. Sekou just turned 18 and is probably still growing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hazer said:

They all have very impressive 7’+ wingspans, which is even more important than height. These ain’t small-ballerz. Sekou just turned 18 and is probably still growing.

With all these picks I would be disappointed if we didn't draft that kid just to develop him at the very least. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, IheartVolt said:

With all these picks I would be disappointed if we didn't draft that kid just to develop him at the very least. 

Could be the steal of the draft. I grew until I was 21, he could end up 6’10 with a 7’2 wingspan. Only been playing hoops a few years, get him in here with Coaches El-P and Jent and develop the $hit outta him. Agreed, with all these pics gotta swing for the fences with ONE. 18 year old Afro-Euro who could be Giannis Lite sounds like the way to go with that.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Regarding the Finals - No KD.

Bucks
SF - 6'-8" Middleton
PF - 6-11" Giannis (just a Freak)
C - 7'-0" Lopez

Raptors
SF - 6'-7" Kawhi
PF - 6'-8" Siakim
C - 7'-1" Gasol

Sixers
SF - 6'-8" Butler
PF - 6'-9" Tobias, they also have a 6'-10" PG
C - 7'-0" Embiid

Hawks
SF - 6'-8" TP (b4 trade)
PF - 6'-10" Collins
C - 7'-0" Dedmon, 7'-1" Len

Baze (6'-5") has not been playing much at SF anymore except when injuries force the issue. Huerter is 6'-7" at SG.

Less about height, more about basketball skill level.

Yeah but see I’m referring to their whole front court!... you just listed the starters.

bucks - also have mirotic 6’10, sova 7 foot, DJ Wilson 6’10

sixers - you left off boban whos 7 plus foot something and mike Scott is 6’8 or 6’9 

raptors - ibaka 6’9, OG 6’8 (by the way pascal is listed at 6’9 not 6’8...not than an inch matters but just sayin)

anyways the 3 powerhouse east teams mentioned have length and wingspan to go along with 3pt ability and some are decently athletic too. Take the list you made of the starters add it to the reserves with similar height and length dimensions along with similar skillsets and it’s not hard to see they have an advantage over most nba teams.....not to mention their guys with these dimensions are their best rotation players.

its not about the height only it’s that their main rotation guys that they can put on the floor has size as whole (starters and reserves) that’s my point!

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah but see I’m referring to their whole front court!... you just listed the starters.

bucks - also have mirotic 6’10, sova 7 foot, DJ Wilson 6’10

sixers - you left off boban whos 7 plus foot something and mike Scott is 6’8 or 6’9 

raptors - ibaka 6’9, OG 6’8 (by the way pascal is listed at 6’9 not 6’8...not than an inch matters but just sayin)

anyways the 3 powerhouse east teams mentioned have length and wingspan to go along with 3pt ability and some are decently athletic too. Take the list you made of the starters add it to the reserves with similar height and length dimensions along with similar skillsets and it’s not hard to see they have an advantage over most nba teams.....not to mention their guys with these dimensions are their best rotation players.

its not about the height only it’s that their main rotation guys that they can put on the floor has size as whole (starters and reserves) that’s my point!

We don't have reserves, we barely have a full complement of starters. 

We are rebuilding, those guys have vets beyond their starters.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We don't have reserves, we barely have a full complement of starters. 

We are rebuilding, those guys have vets beyond their starters.

I get that all I’m saying is I hope schlenk don’t go small for our main rotation pieces like the warriors 

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He hasn't done it yet! You're confusing Schlenk with Bud.

No Im not confused...I’m saying this because many believe we are going down a warriors path (Trae is our curry, Huerter our klay, Spellman our Draymond is what many sees) and being that schlenk made his name under the warriors there’s likely a strong belief in small ball being that’s where Schlenk has come from.

Please don’t get Me wrong....I’m not saying that’s a bad thing but small ball has only really worked out for 3 championship teams that come to mind  ....Jordan’s Bulls, LeBron/Kyries cavs, and Curry’s warriors.

i just don’t personally believe small ball is an effective way to go IF (again IF) that’s how we end up being assembled and that’s the team around Trae... That’s all I’m saying ! Not bashing schlenk he’s done more than a great job so far I just hope we he puts together a team that can match with everything an opponent can throw at us.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JTB said:

No Im not confused...I’m saying this because many believe we are going down a warriors path (Trae is our curry, Huerter our klay, Spellman our Draymond is what many sees) and being that schlenk made his name under the warriors there’s likely a strong belief in small ball being that’s where Schlenk has come from.

Please don’t get Me wrong....I’m not saying that’s a bad thing but small ball has only really worked out for 3 championship teams that come to mind  ....Jordan’s Bulls, LeBron/Kyries cavs, and Curry’s warriors.

i just don’t personally believe small ball is an effective way to go IF (again IF) that’s how we end up being assembled and that’s the team around Trae... That’s all I’m saying ! Not bashing schlenk he’s done more than a great job so far I just hope we he puts together a team that can match with everything an opponent can throw at us.

The warriors have 3 7 footers on their team and one of them starts every night. Green is their starting power forward.  Omari Spellman has been our backup power forward the entire season. We have 2 7 footers on out team that start every night...where is this small ball that you speak of?  advise..

Don't listen to Brad Rowland!  The guy is an idiot!

2 hours ago, IheartVolt said:

2 hours ago, hazer said:

Could be the steal of the draft. I grew until I was 21, he could end up 6’10 with a 7’2 wingspan. Only been playing hoops a few years, get him in here with Coaches El-P and Jent and develop the $hit outta him. Agreed, with all these pics gotta swing for the fences with ONE. 18 year old Afro-Euro who could be Giannis Lite sounds like the way to go with that.

Doom⚡️BOOyah! Woop there it is, done came up with his nickname already. Licensing available, DM me for PayPal Instructions 💸 

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

The warriors have 3 7 footers on their team and one of them starts every night. Green is their starting power forward.  Omari Spellman has been our backup power forward the entire season. We have 2 7 footers on out team that start every night...where is this small ball that you speak of?  advise..

Don't listen to Brad Rowland!  The guy is an idiot!

Who said I was listening to Brad Rowland?...and are we watching the same finals ?....guess not

the warriors best starting five due to injuries they can throw out on the floor is curry, klay, Livingston, Draymond, iggy...their two 7 footers you speak of cousins and bogut are not among the best 5 they can put on the floor with the injuries and Toronto forced them to play bigger after game 1 which we saw bogut a lot more since then.

when the warriors play small ball (an identity everyone knows they have) iggy and Draymond are always at the 4 and 5! You act as if this is new! It’s been like that for a while now that iggy (finals mvp) starts to get more minutes during the WCF and finals.

and the warriors abused the rockets this playoffs with iggy and Draymond. Small ball is what golden state does and do well when healthy but at the same time they have always been skeptical vs bigger skilled front courts . It’s just now being exposed by a team who didn’t try to be like the rest of this era.

10 hours ago, hazer said:

Very few people at age 18 are still growing, that's a common misconception. But he's plenty tall.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Who said I was listening to Brad Rowland?...and are we watching the same finals ?....guess not

the warriors best starting five due to injuries they can throw out on the floor is curry, klay, Livingston, Draymond, iggy...their two 7 footers you speak of cousins and bogut are not among the best 5 they can put on the floor with the injuries and Toronto forced them to play bigger after game 1 which we saw bogut a lot more since then.

when the warriors play small ball (an identity everyone knows they have) iggy and Draymond are always at the 4 and 5! You act as if this is new! It’s been like that for a while now that iggy (finals mvp) starts to get more minutes during the WCF and finals.

and the warriors abused the rockets this playoffs with iggy and Draymond. Small ball is what golden state does and do well when healthy but at the same time they have always been skeptical vs bigger skilled front courts . It’s just now being exposed by a team who didn’t try to be like the rest of this era.

Again we started and played with 2 7 footers last year.  Some times playing them together so I don't get your concern.  And by the way, we beat Philly 3 out of 4 last year

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Again we started and played with 2 7 footers last year.  Some times playing them together so I don't get your concern.  And by the way, we beat Philly 3 out of 4 last year

Again! And maybe you’ll get it this time.... if not oh well then

7 hours ago, JTB said:

All I’m saying is I hope schlenk doesn’t put together a small ball team around Trae once the team is fully assembled. That’s it ....I’m NOT complaining about anything schlenk is doing or has done ! I’m simply linking schlenks golden state background because that is a small ball unit when they were at their best with today as him being the hawks gm and saying I hope he creates a bigger version more athletic team with length here (in ATL) than he helped build there (in GS)

no complaints no concerns...I haven’t seen the team fully assembled yet

and as far as your philly comment. That’s all good and fine but regular season means nothing when it comes to the playoffs.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JTB said:

Again! And maybe you’ll get it this time.... if not oh well then

All I’m saying is I hope schlenk doesn’t put together a small ball team around Trae once the team is fully assembled. That’s it ....I’m NOT complaining about anything schlenk is doing or has done ! I’m simply linking schlenks golden state background because that is a small ball unit when they were at their best with today as him being the hawks gm and saying I hope he creates a bigger version more athletic team with length here (in ATL) than he helped build there (in GS)

no complaints no concerns...I haven’t seen the team fully assembled yet

and as far as your philly comment. That’s all good and fine but regular season means nothing when it comes to the playoffs.

The flaw in your argument is that you are comparing today's team with Schlenk's record.  Schlenk hasn't been there in 2 yrs.  Looking over his line up from 2 years ago and longer...The Warrior have always started Green at power forward and a 7 footer at center. Starting line up

Point Guard Curry 6'3"

Shooting Guard 6'7"

Sm Forward Barnes 6'8" Durant 6'11

Power forward Green 6'7"

Center Bogut 7' Zaza 6'11" Mcgee 7'3"

I don't get the impression that Schlenk is a fan of sm. ball

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The flaw in your argument is that you are comparing today's team with Schlenk's record.  Schlenk hasn't been there in 2 yrs.  Looking over his line up from 2 years ago and longer...The Warrior have always started Green at power forward and a 7 footer at center. Starting line up

Point Guard Curry 6'3"

Shooting Guard 6'7"

Sm Forward Barnes 6'8" Durant 6'11

Power forward Green 6'7"

Center Bogut 7' Zaza 6'11" Mcgee 7'3"

I don't get the impression that Schlenk is a fan of sm. ball

I get what you’re saying but those centers all played bench minutes though they started. The most important pieces were on the floor when need be (playoffs)...iggy at the 4 and Draymond at the 5....I hope that our most important guys at the 4 and 5 are taller and longer than 6’7 when we need to put our best lineup on the floor.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

I get what you’re saying but those centers all played bench minutes though they started. The most important pieces were on the floor when need be (playoffs)...iggy at the 4 and Draymond at the 5....I hope that our most important guys at the 4 and 5 are taller and longer than 6’7 when we need to put our best lineup on the floor.

Coach's decision not Schlenk