• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lets talk Front Court Depth

JTB

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

I get what you’re saying but those centers all played bench minutes though they started. The most important pieces were on the floor when need be (playoffs)...iggy at the 4 and Draymond at the 5....I hope that our most important guys at the 4 and 5 are taller and longer than 6’7 when we need to put our best lineup on the floor.

If you remember, They lost the 2016 series to Cleveland primary because Bogut got injured

Everyone is all over the map about who we will take. Yesterday Bleacher report had is taking three SF/Tweener types:

8-  Reddish

10-  Doumbouya

17-  Hachimura

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839915

Today they have us taking two Centers and one Forward type:

8-  Hayes

10-  Doumbouya

17-  Claxton

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2839838-2019-nba-mock-draft-latest-prospects-stock-movement-and-predictions

This much is pretty clear, they expect us to be chasing front court depth in the draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

If you remember, They lost the 2016 series to Cleveland primary because Bogut got injured

No they lost because Draymond got suspended more so than bogut 

I watch zero college ball so I depend completely on the glorious Squawk to inform me what is going on. Don't let me down guys

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

They lost 3 games in a row...Draymond was suspended only 1 game

One game that was a extremely important being up 3-1 to close one of the GOAT players out in Lebron. Draymond was the teams leading rebounder, 3rd in pts, and arguably best defender in that series and they missed his presence in a close out game at home allowing lebron some real hope! 

You need two quality defenders for lebron in the finals! Be it iggy & Draymond or Leonard and diaw.

its not at all or shouldnt be shocking that the game 5 suspension for Draymond gave the Cavs an advantage heading into that game as the warriors are stripped of their best defender  making iggy night even tougher than it already was and then in game 6 when the warriors went to Cleveland lebron and kyrie took care of business at home. 

Oh and that bogut guy you speak of avg 12 minutes per game up prior to getting hurt in game 5 in the 3rd quarter. A whopping 12 minutes per game yet you say he’s the primary reason they lost the series????!!! ....riiggghhhttttt

• Moderators

Big centers getting less playing time in the playoffs has been common for years now.  It is less about length and more about the right kind of mobile big men.  Durant, Green, Giannis, Kawhi, Embiid - these are all the elite guys in the front court who make those teams work.  The rest of the front courts are complimentary pieces.  Meanwhile, Houston wants to unload Capela at 25 because he isn’t versatile enough and his limitations get exposed in the playoffs.  For example, Capela saw a 9 point drop in PER in the playoffs this year.  Too easy to take away what he can do and he has no counter.

I want him focused on skilled, athletic, versatile players.  Length should only be a big consideration on defense.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Big centers getting less playing time in the playoffs has been common for years now.  It is less about length and more about the right kind of mobile big men.  Durant, Green, Giannis, Kawhi, Embiid - these are all the elite guys in the front court who make those teams work.  The rest of the front courts are complimentary pieces.  Meanwhile, Houston wants to unload Capela at 25 because he isn’t versatile enough and his limitations get exposed in the playoffs.  For example, Capela saw a 9 point drop in PER in the playoffs this year.  Too easy to take away what he can do and he has no counter.

I want him focused on skilled, athletic, versatile players.  Length should only be a big consideration on defense.

This is why Dedmon is a must resign

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

He is a price point person for me.  Want him back but there will be a ceiling on how much he is worth.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

He is a price point person for me.  Want him back but there will be a ceiling on how much he is worth.

16 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

2 years 20 mil is fair

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Heck I'll even take it up to the early bird max of $12 mil per season

Dedmon's caphold and UFA Early birds rights is $9.7 mil. I'm comfortable bringing him back at the following contract amounts and years:

$10-12 million per on a  max length 3 year deal. (2+1)

$13-$14 mil on a max. length  2 year deal.(1+1)

$15 mil 1 year deal.

Dedmon will be 30 years old by the beginning of the season. 2-3 years for 8-10 million$ would be a good contract. But if in the draft we add two centers like Fernando and Bol I am fine giving the starting role to Len and developing a young centee, all depends how they perform in summer league, Spellman included.

15 hours ago, IheartVolt said:

I watch zero college ball so I depend completely on the glorious Squawk to inform me what is going on. Don't let me down guys

Same here.  The 35 second clock, the rims that seem soft, all them future IT guys and corporate managers playing.  I can’t.

I love Ded as much as anyone but  I had enough of those nagging injuries.  Is 30 old for a half stretch, half traditional C?  I’m hoping for Schlenk to wrangle a Thomas Bryant (fool offensive rating was 130!) or Mitchell Robinson (ridiculous 5.2 defensive box) type from a bad franchise.  To have Len backing them up would be sweeeeet.

Justin and Alex both great guys, but neither factor into our future if we want to ascend out of this rebuild.  I’m guessing Schlenk is going heavy on SF in FA and the draft.  Omari is a huge question mark, can’t wait to see how he’s progressed in SL.  Off the bat everyone needs to notice a drastic, unrecognizable new body style like the old to new Camaro.

I’m in the minority but I always thought Plum was decent.

Size and length is great but the dimension you see a guy like Gasol add is a PG at the C position.  It’s a slippery slope when a Big looks to pass more than usual but when the balance is right it’s an invaluable weapon, Gasol is at 3:1 for these playoffs.  We can’t get a decent assist:turn from our 4, let alone 5.  Problem is those guys don’t grow on trees, and they’re usually pretty soft (see Al). 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I love Ded as much as anyone but  I had enough of those nagging injuries.  Is 30 old for a half stretch, half traditional C?  I’m hoping for Schlenk to wrangle a Thomas Bryant (fool offensive rating was 130!) or Mitchell Robinson (ridiculous 5.2 defensive box) type from a bad franchise. 

Thomas Bryant is a fine player and Robinson is a good defender but they don't bring the same kind of shooting that Dedmon brings.  Robinson can't shoot at all so he won't be an adequate replacement for a 7 foot center that shoots nearly 40% from three on high volume.  Just ask Milwaukee

2 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Same here.  The 35 second clock, the rims that seem soft, all them future IT guys and corporate managers playing.  I can’t.

I love Ded as much as anyone but  I had enough of those nagging injuries.  Is 30 old for a half stretch, half traditional C?  I’m hoping for Schlenk to wrangle a Thomas Bryant (fool offensive rating was 130!) or Mitchell Robinson (ridiculous 5.2 defensive box) type from a bad franchise.  To have Len backing them up would be sweeeeet.

Justin and Alex both great guys, but neither factor into our future if we want to ascend out of this rebuild.  I’m guessing Schlenk is going heavy on SF in FA and the draft.  Omari is a huge question mark, can’t wait to see how he’s progressed in SL.  Off the bat everyone needs to notice a drastic, unrecognizable new body style like the old to new Camaro.

I’m in the minority but I always thought Plum was decent.

Size and length is great but the dimension you see a guy like Gasol add is a PG at the C position.  It’s a slippery slope when a Big looks to pass more than usual but when the balance is right it’s an invaluable weapon, Gasol is at 3:1 for these playoffs.  We can’t get a decent assist:turn from our 4, let alone 5.  Problem is those guys don’t grow on trees, and they’re usually pretty soft (see Al). 

If that's what you're looking for in a big, the guy you should want the Hawks to take in this draft class is:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If that's what you're looking for in a big, the guy you should want the Hawks to take in this draft class is:

Damn, he has a sixth sense for giving up good shots for better ones.  There are Cs who been in the league 12 years who can’t feel where the help left, let alone react to it quickly.  That bounce pass had that Trae hesitation on it.  I can’t lie I was expecting a white Euro.  A brother?!?!  Knowing nothing else about him I wouldn’t be mad at Schlenk taking dude.  Him on the floor with Trae, no open shot opportunity would be missed ever.

• Like 1

Here's a game in which he didn't do a lot offensively, but his impact on the game is undeniable.  And once again, look at the passing.  One pass in particular stands out.  Most bigs would've gone up and force up a shot to at least draw a foul.  But not Bruno.  He makes the correct play.