• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

2 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I'm thinking the Thunder are going to rebuild and trade Westbrook and Adams. Maybe the Hawks get Adams and perhaps Pat Riley looks to pair Jimmy Butler up with Westbrook.

Adams is tradable, but Westbrook is a hard player to build around, I dont know what his market would be.

5 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I'm thinking the Thunder are going to rebuild and trade Westbrook and Adams. Maybe the Hawks get Adams and perhaps Pat Riley looks to pair Jimmy Butler up with Westbrook.

Westbrook has Josh Smith syndrome. Wants to be a shooter but never will be. He can still attack the basket with the best of them though. His triple doubles are nice, but probably overrated.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Adams is tradable, but Westbrook is a hard player to build around, I dont know what his market would be.

Adams is clearly tradable and as I said before, we made an offer for him but OKC wants more than anyone thinks he is worth. 

If OKC lowers his cost to something like Parsons/a couple 2nds, I think we could have a deal. They want a 1st, with his contract, I don't know how possible that is. I do know we had a Bazemore/Plumlee and 2nd rounders out there and they weren't interested. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

Westbrook has Josh Smith syndrome. Wants to be a shooter but never will be. He can still attack the basket with the best of them though. His triple doubles are nice, but probably overrated.

They are in my tiers I talked about on here awhile back when talking about Nassir Little. 

They are low feel for the game, low BBIQ, and reactive but both of them have great personal IQ. The difference between Smith and Westbrook is, Russ had elite tools and size for position and Smoove did not. He had small hands, he wasn't proportion well for his position, and he just was a tweener in a bad way. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Adams is clearly tradable and as I said before, we made an offer for him but OKC wants more than anyone thinks he is worth. 

If OKC lowers his cost to something like Parsons/a couple 2nds, I think we could have a deal. They want a 1st, with his contract, I don't know how possible that is. I do know we had a Bazemore/Plumlee and 2nd rounders out there and they weren't interested. 

They got an assload of picks coming now with the Kawhi trade. I guess it depends what direction Presti wants to go in.

1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

People are asking why players are rejecting Lebron and Russell... The league is trending away from ball stoppers... Ball dominate players that dribble, dribble and dribble some more.

AD joined LeBron. That's a top 5 player. The idea of players rejecting Bron is a highly questionable statement. He's not Kobe. 

They got an assload of picks coming now with the Kawhi trade. I guess it depends what direction Presti wants to go in.

True but they still value Adams. 

From all I've heard previously is the market for Russ and Dennis was at an all time low and when we had Dennis, no one wanted him either so my guess is it's even lower than that. 

Color me shocked as well. Jerry West is a genius tho. He called Boston in Jan and asked about Kyrie. They declined but said he felt Kyrie would leave and would they be open to a trade. They declined and wanted to wait for AD as they felt Kyrie was coming back. LOL. The real Jerry's World.

From the sounds of it, he did the same with OKC and PG13. Pushed the idea of the Lakers big 3 and worked on an offer. KL reached out to PG13 and that was that. 

Well organized plan. Genius level. 

Honestly, PG wasn't on the market just last week. Shit changes so fast in the NBA. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 4

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

Don't they have the same agent?

One player doesn't change the argument I don't think.

They signed a lot of other players, not just Klutch clients and they wouldn't come if they didn't want to play with Bron. You created a false narrative. Don't be that guy. At the end of the day, KL wanted his own team if he had another guy joining him. Once that was on the table, that was always going to be his choice.  

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They signed a lot of other players, not just Klutch clients and they wouldn't come if they didn't want to play with Bron. You created a false narrative. Don't be that guy. At the end of the day, KL wanted his own team if he had another guy joining him. Once that was on the table, that was always going to be his choice.  

I'm talking about star players. 

11 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I'm talking about star players. 

He got AD. Every star got one player. Kyrie-KD. Leonard-George. Steph-Klay. etc... You are acting like one of them signed with two other superstars. Right now, every superstar got a running mate. 

Thunder did the right thing. The picks are unprotected, and they go on for years and years. 

Marc Stein of The New York Times later clarified that OKC's picks broke down to the Thunder's unprotected firsts in 2022, '24 and '26, along with Miami firsts in '21 (unprotected; acquired in the Tobias Harris trade) and '23 (protected 1-14; acquired in the four-team Jimmy Butler trade) as well as pick swaps in '23 and '25.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thunder did the right thing. The picks are unprotected, and they go on for years and years. 

Marc Stein of The New York Times later clarified that OKC's picks broke down to the Thunder's unprotected firsts in 2022, '24 and '26, along with Miami firsts in '21 (unprotected; acquired in the Tobias Harris trade) and '23 (protected 1-14; acquired in the four-team Jimmy Butler trade) as well as pick swaps in '23 and '25.

The Lakers and Clippers paid a premium for AD/PG13.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He got AD. Every star got one player. Kyrie-KD. Leonard-George. Steph-Klay. etc... You are acting like one of them signed with two other superstars. Right now, every superstar got a running mate. 

Irving left him. I'm thinking that KW never intented to sign with LA, and I don't think Durant wants to play with him either. Butler didn't express playing there either. Lebron is scum.

So the Thunder just saved 6.5 million they desperately needed to save for LT purposes and acquired 2 players (though Gallinari was vastly overpaid) and draft picks for Paul George.  I know the Clipps had to get George to get Leonard but holy Moses did they just get fleeced by a team that had to dump him.

33 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Irving left him. I'm thinking that KW never intented to sign with LA, and I don't think Durant wants to play with him either. Butler didn't express playing there either. Lebron is scum.

You're hating right now. Leonard was looking into the Lakers. Durant was going to NY no matter what with Kyrie. Butler didn't join any of them and went where he wanted to go which was Miami. 

Just now, thecampster said:

OKC moves dangerously close to being under the LT and didn't have to give up Adams or Westbrook to do it. I talked last week about how 1 of them had to go, just didn't think they'd maintain sanity in doing it.

Presti is amazing. I am pretty sure he would still have Harden/Westbrook and Durant if the owner wasn't so cheap in the early years of his ownership