• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trade Plumlee, Hill. for Parsons

GrimeyKidd

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Delon Wright. Ivica Zubac.

@kg01 ur a real Zubac u know that?

Y'all are talking about Zubac from LAL-2-LAC?  They're not letting him go anywhere, are they?

And can we stop talking about Bender?  He's had multiple years to show us he doesn't belong in the NBA.  Does he even want to be in the NBA?

• Confused 1

• Moderators

Don't know why anyone would complain about this trade.  I would definitely not buy Chandler out but I would keep him away from the team and let him 'rehab his injuries' in a Miami hot tub or something until the trade deadline passes and then buy him out if we haven't used his salary as filler for a trade.  @REHawksFan owned this thread.

52 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Once again.....EXACTLY what TS said he was going to do. Or at least what it was reported he said he was going to do.  Trade 2 bad contracts for 1 bad contract to open up a roster spot.  

None of these 3 players were or are going to contribute to the Hawks this year.  

48 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Seems like an administrative move to consolidate bad contracts and open a roster spot to me.  Not sure what there is not to like.  Unless of course you were digging the Solo Hill / Miles Plumlee mugs sitting on the bench.  

:applause:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Y'all are talking about Zubac from LAL-2-LAC?  They're not letting him go anywhere, are they?

And can we stop talking about Bender?  He's had multiple years to show us he doesn't belong in the NBA.  Does he even want to be in the NBA?

Brought him up because of Alex Len. Both appeared to be busts. One more than the other but Len turned it around

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Don't know why anyone would complain about this trade.  I would definitely not buy Chandler out but I would keep him away from the team and let him 'rehab his injuries' in a Miami hot tub or something until the trade deadline passes and then buy him out if we haven't used his salary as filler for a trade.  @REHawksFan owned this thread.

:applause:

So why do we need more roster spots?

Just now, AHF said:

Because Schlenk sees more than one player that would be an asset to add to this team whereas both Plumlee and Hill are not.  Posters have seen this coming from a mile away.

It was rumored that we been open to moving a combination of bad contracts for one bad one.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Because Schlenk sees more than one player that would be an asset to add to this team whereas both Plumlee and Hill are not.  Posters have seen this coming from a mile away.

He could have signed someone before the move so what has changed?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

He could have signed someone before the move so what has changed?

Now he can sign or trade for two people.  There is no downside to this.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Any of those guys besides Zubac better than Plumlee?

None of them are worse.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Admittedly, I wanted Parsons after 13/14 season, and boy am I glad that didn't happen. Good trade though, I'm all aboard trading 2 bad contracts for 1. For those who don't agree with or get the contract swap, I don't see how you can even be mad about trading two bad players for another bad player? There are much better things to get angry about. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Brought him up because of Alex Len. Both appeared to be busts. One more than the other but Len turned it around

Yeah I know.  And it's not just you.  People have been talking about him since he was drafted.  He's not shown any glimpses of having a consistent NBA skill.  Len at least had been serviceable as a player.  Bender and guys like Hezonja and Criss are basically unplayable.  Len was never that bad.