• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What's next for OKC

well the PG13 trade certainly was a shock.  So what does OKC do now.  Is Westbrook a piece to try to rebuild around, or do they blow it up and see what they can get for Westbrook and their other vets?

Some places I think Westbrook would fit/help:

Miami- pairing Rus and JB would either be exceptional or exceptionally exploisive.  Not sure Miami has the resources to make a move, but it is a pairing that makes some sense. 

Knicks- just because 

Chicago- not sure about them, but they have assets that could be attractive to OKC, e.g. Markenaan. 

Washington- if OKC decides to tank, why not take on Wall's contract for now, and get a boatload of picks for their trouble? 

Who else? 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, frosgrim said:

well the PG13 trade certainly was a shock.  So what does OKC do now.  Is Westbrook a piece to try to rebuild around, or do they blow it up and see what they can get for Westbrook and their other vets?

Miami- pairing Rus and JB would either be exceptional or exceptionally exploisive.  Not sure Miami has the resources to make a move, but it is a pairing that makes some sense. 

Knicks- just because 

Chicago- not sure about them, but they have assets that could be attractive to OKC, e.g. Markenaan. 

Washington- if OKC decides to tank, why not take on Wall's contract for now, and get a boatload of picks for their trouble? 

Who else? 

Orlando and Minnesota.

Almost sixty million between two players and they are seen as and definitely are rebuilding. Ugh. Their future is draft picks and what they can get moving forward through trades and not what is hanging on the roster now.  Wish them good luck.

On 7/6/2019 at 12:07 PM, frosgrim said:

Knicks- just because 

Who else? 

On 7/6/2019 at 2:23 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Orlando and Minnesota.

4 hours ago, capstone21 said:

After trading away everything for draft picks over the next 20 years ... what is next is a whole lot of sucking.  They are going to be bad ... like expansion team bad ...

I agree but is Presti going down that route or is he gonna flip to be competitive again. You’re prolly right thought they need a major rebuild. The guys that were with them is nuts. Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Oladipo, Paul George..absolutely crazy. Time to pay the piper.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

What a self righteous tool!

The way people within the Oklahoma City Thunder franchise and fans in that area reacted to Kevin Durant's decision to leave for the Golden State Warriors in 2016 forever altered his feelings on the team he played for during the first nine seasons of his career.

"Such a venomous toxic feeling when I walked into that arena," said Durant about his first game back with the Warriors. "And just the organization, the trainers and equipment managers, those dudes is pissed off at me? Ain't talking to me? I'm like, Yo, this is where we going with this? Because I left a team and went to play with another team?"

Durant had hoped to return to the Thunder at some point in his career, but that now appears almost impossible.

"I'll never be attached to that city again because of that," said Durant. "I eventually wanted to come back to that city and be part of that community and organization, but I don't trust nobody there. That s--t must have been fake, what they was doing. The organization, the GM, I ain't talked to none of those people, even had a nice exchange with those people, since I left."

It's not that you left. It's how you left!

Now it's the Warriors turn:

Kevin Durant spoke about his decision to leave the Golden State Warriors for the Brooklyn Nets during an interview with J.R. Moehringer of the Wall Street Journal.

"As time went on, I started to realize I'm just different from the rest of the guys," said Durant. "It's not a bad thing. Just my circumstances and how I came up in the league. And on top of that, the media always looked at it like KD and the Warriors. So it's like nobody could a full acceptance of me there."

The Warriors already had a well-established core of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Andre Iguodala before Durant arrived.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What a self righteous tool!

It's not that you left. It's how you left!

Now it's the Warriors turn:

Ya I read this. 🧁 just isn’t mentally strong enough to handle the media. He’s ....how can I put this...weak..feeble...greedy...pouty.

When he came to the league I thought he was a humble hard working kid in the mold of old schoolers. AINT NUTTIN OLD SCHOOL ABOUT KD! 

New age whiner. 

• Like 1