• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which STYLE of play are we from the past

Spud2nique

2001-2002 New Jersey Nets 52 wins (jumped from 26 in 2000-20001)

Kidd (1st year with Nets)-Trae(2nd)

Kenyon Martin (pf 2nd year) -John Collins (pf 3rd year)

Richard Jefferson (rookie sf 13th pick)- Cam Reddish (rookie sf 10th pick).

Jason Collins (Rookie 18th pick)-Bruno Fernando (rookie 34th pick).

This Hawks team has a chance to make the same leap. I didn’t realize they were so similar.

• Thanks 2

The Bad Boys had three ball handlers that could all shoot pretty much like crazy more often than not. Trae, Kevin and Cam may mimic that somewhat moving forward. Just think how incredibly young our three are then lets see a bit down the road. Yeah I know I didn't include Turner in the scenario but truly don't see him as more than a one season rental...so there. 

• Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The Bad Boys had three ball handlers that could all shoot pretty much like crazy more often than not. Trae, Kevin and Cam may mimic that somewhat moving forward. Just think how incredibly young our three are then lets see a bit down the road. Yeah I know I didn't include Turner in the scenario but truly don't see him as more than a one season rental...so there. 

Right...I guess it’s the defense side of things that’s confusing even though the “Bad Boys” literally fouled but still when most nba fans think “Bad Boys” first thought is dirty ass players, second thought is defense....two things that are so far unrelated to this current hawks team 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 8:20 PM, JTB said:

Right...I guess it’s the defense side of things that’s confusing even though the “Bad Boys” literally fouled but still when most nba fans think “Bad Boys” first thought is dirty ass players, second thought is defense....two things that are so far unrelated to this current hawks team 

Hoping our draft has changed that a good bit during the course of this season and fully expect our D to be much better in their second year. The dirty ass stuff I mostly thought was the backing up all of a sudden when getting posted up. Laimbeer and Rodman were great at it though it was cheap play. Players just don't like that stuff and want their best against the opponents best game. Of course there were the hacks that could break a lot of folks forearms too. Personally don't miss that stuff other than the contrast between the Pistons and Lakers at that time was so extreme. Oh, and of course the Magic and IT kissing that stopped after the series got pretty heated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 8/20/2019 at 12:08 PM, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

It's one thing to be enthusiastic, but it's another to be unrealistic. We aren't the showtime Lakers or the Stockton/Malone Jazz.  I've said in the past that Collins reminds me of Kemp, but Trae is not even comparable to Payton which is why I don't like player or team comparisons. We aren't any of those teams or comparable to anybody.  We are currently a young team that will build our own identity.  If anything, we're a hybrid-lite version of a few past teams... But to compare an unproven team to past dynasties cheapens what those past teams were IMHO.

I actually have to agree with Supes.   We look like the 2000s Suns.

Specifically, I would say 2007 Suns...

Nash, Bell, Marion, Stoudamire and no real Center because Shaq missed most of the Season.   And an Old man Grant Hill coming off the bench.   Steve Kerr was made POBB...

Hmm.

• Thanks 1