• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Huerter's Second Year Expectations?

enrique

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I wouldn’t put a ceiling on any of our players for the most part. 

I would. Just facts to me. It's not Dorsey/Bembry at your mins. It's not Reddish/Hunter/Crabbe with Bembry. Just a lot more comp for the mins and some of the comp is better than you. 

• Thanks 1

Thinking Bembry by mid season or sooner will be relegated to nothing more than defensive minutes this season. Like the guy but even if Crabbe never shows Cam will get minutes at both swing spots soon and maybe pg later. Think Kevin still gets plenty of minutes because he will be strictly sg this year and think LP is happy with that situation. We know there won't be any minutes for him at all at sf like last year. Believe almost all of those were based on injuries anyway. Basing this on Cam being 100% from the get go. Still believe Kevin could end up around thirty minutes just the same because a lot of trust has been built between him, Trae and LP.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I wouldn’t put a ceiling on any of our players for the most part. 

A "Wildcard" season coming up with that in mind. Tons of new bodies in here.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Thinking Bembry by mid season or sooner will be relegated to nothing more than defensive minutes this season. Like the guy but even if Crabbe never shows Cam will get minutes at both swing spots soon and maybe pg later. Think Kevin still gets plenty of minutes because he will be strictly sg this year and think LP is happy with that situation. We know there won't be any minutes for him at all at sf like last year. Believe almost all of those were based on injuries anyway. Basing this on Cam being 100% from the get go. Still believe Kevin could end up around thirty minutes just the same because a lot of trust has been built between him, Trae and LP.

Same here. Huerter has to get at least 30 minutes per night which is a bump up from 27 minutes. But with players having nagging injuries and if Kev isn’t one of them then it only stands to be make sense that he and other available wings take those minutes.

Honestly much of this is based on what stage Cam comes in? If Cam comes I like a house 🏠 on 🔥, then obviously less min for Kevbut he’s still not dipping under 30.

@NBASupes I’ll do the Huerter bet set at 30 minutes per evening. If higher than 30 I win, lower you win. It’s a friendly bet... for the love of god no avatars. Only got a couple months left of looking at this Lu...douche.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Same here. Huerter has to get at least 30 minutes per night which is a bump up from 27 minutes. But with players having nagging injuries and if Kev isn’t one of them then it only stands to be make sense that he and other available wings take those minutes.

Honestly much of this is based on what stage Cam comes in? If Cam comes I like a house 🏠 on 🔥, then obviously less min for Kevbut he’s still not dipping under 30.

@NBASupes I’ll do the Huerter bet set at 30 minutes per evening. If higher than 30 I win, lower you win. It’s a friendly bet... for the love of god no avatars. Only got a couple months left of looking at this Lu...douche.

I think 29-30 MPG is what's expected. But 34-38, not a chance. He's not Trae and Collins can play both 4 and 5. He just has lot more comp. Collins comp is like just Len and Parker. Hunter and Carter will get mins at the 4 as well. Jones and Bruno are closer to reserves at this stage.

It seems you expect him to play in the same range as me.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Hunter is more of a threat to Kevin mins. Reddish plays to his level, he will be starting beside Kevin but Hunter plays well, he will take mins from both players. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think 29-30 MPG is what's expected. But 34-38, not a chance. He's not Trae and Collins can play both 4 and 5. He just has lot more comp. Collins comp is like just Len and Parker. Hunter and Carter will get mins at the 4 as well. Jones and Bruno are closer to reserves at this stage.

It seems you expect him to play in the same range as me.

Sounds about right. Honestly, like I said I’m an old school guy who doesn’t focus on minutes but rather clutch minutes. I’m not certain but players seemed to play more minutes in the past but I guess our depth is a GREAT problem. Right now I see this as our “killer” lineup because it features our 5 best players but I doubt it’ll work too well, at least early on but we can use it in spurts or to close a game out.

Trae/Huerter/Cam/Hunter/Collins

But it can’t sustain super well over an entire game. That’s why a Len or DJones will be slated as the “starter” but who gives a 💩 I wanna see who can’t close games out and Huerter looks like he’s pretty fundamentally sound and that is the exact recipe for sustaining a lead.

Huerter will be finishing games whether he plays 25 minutes or 45.

And yes, we agree 30 sounds right. 😉 Lets not split hairs.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Huert just seems so old skool, old soul to me. Expects a lot out of himself and won’t accept less. Coach’s son, high mental and BBIG. With the El-P comment that he’s already the most skeeled playa on the team, that’s eggciting as all get-out. Nearly identical college nimbers and height/span/weight as Klay, hyper-studying Klay film, quoted as refusing to just be 3zus/Cal Korva, my expectations are sky high. There’s a reason all draft night calls mentioned Kevin in the conversation.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, hazer said:

The Huert just seems so old skool, old soul to me. Expects a lot out of himself and won’t accept less. Coach’s son, high mental and BBIG. With the El-P comment that he’s already the most skeeled playa on the team, that’s eggciting as all get-out. Nearly identical college nimbers and height/span/weight as Klay, hyper-studying Klay film, quoted as refusing to just be 3zus/Cal Korva, my expectations are sky high. There’s a reason all draft night calls mentioned Kevin in the conversation.

Yes...yess...yesss..yessssssss!!! 😐 

Ok that sounded weird but it’s exciting. I can’t love 💗 old school enough myself or st least old school players.

Willis...Millsap...Huerter. He’s a pros pro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1