• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Huerter's Second Year Expectations?

enrique

The only thing that will hold Huerter back is us trying to develop 2.5 other young wings alongside him. There really isnt a hole in his game, there is no limit to how good he can get. 

I really do expect a leap from him next season. The fact that the team and coaching staff all believe in his ability also is great. Nobody is looking at him saying he is just a role player. They all want him to let it fly and look for his shots. That's very important when it comes to development.

Watch out for him to pull a John Collins and really step it up in a big way in year 2

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He can be the most skilled from last year class and still not come close to those numbers. 20 ppg is exceptionally hard to do. 13 at 30mpg is a legit jump considering he was averaging 11.5 playing 31 mpg last year. That's an major efficiency bump

I’m not one expecting 20ppg. Closer to 15 should be doable ✅

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

15/4/4

On point. 

16/4/5 for me. Assists were at 2.9 in 27 minutes. I think he has a chance to get about 5 dimes a game in 34-38 minutes a night.

@Thomas you didn’t gimme any wiggle room guy! These stats are on it! 15/4/4 yup. 😆 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

On point. 

16/4/5 for me. Assists were at 2.9 in 27 minutes. I think he has a chance to get about 5 dimes a game in 34-38 minutes a night.

@Thomas you didn’t gimme any wiggle room guy! These stats are on it! 15/4/4 yup. 😆 

😂🙂 34-38 mpg? A lot of disappointed faces on Kevin when the season ends. You act like we didn't add better players than him in Reddish and Hunter. Even Crabbe who you love should get some mins. I would be surprised if be matched his 2nd half of the season numbers where he lead the team in MPG.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

😂🙂 34-38 mpg? A lot of disappointed faces on Kevin when the season ends. You act like we didn't add better players than him in Reddish and Hunter. Even Crabbe who you love should get some mins. I would be surprised if be matched his 2nd half of the season numbers where he lead the team in MPG.

Is he getting less than 34 you think? He got 27 last year and I agree we added talent but is 34 minutes that far fetched? 

I do agree Cam will show he needs minutes right away and Hunter as well. Minutes for player isn’t really my bag Supes I just thought 34 seemed on point. But maybe around 30 you at right. I doubt though Cam gets more minutes to start the season...he might to end it for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Disrespect is all that answer is.. No actual intellectual input what so ever. 

What we drafted are two unproven kids and what we have is a keeper in Huerter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Is he getting less than 34 you think? He got 27 last year and I agree we added talent but is 34 minutes that far fetched? 

I do agree Cam will show he needs minutes right away and Hunter as well. Minutes for player isn’t really my bag Supes I just thought 34 seemed on point. But maybe around 30 you at right. I doubt though Cam gets more minutes to start the season...he might to end it for sure.

He is clearly getting less than 34 mpg. @AHF, this is a bet I am willing to take. Since it's with my brother Spud, the terms are just bragging rights but I want to make this bet. @Spud2nique, are you okay with these terms

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IheartVolt said:

Disrespect is all that answer is.. No actual intellectual input what so ever. 

What we drafted are two unproven kids and what we have is a keeper in Huerter. 

Those two unproven kids are better players. Hunter is clearly better right now. Reddish is a superior talent and already our most gifted player by a country mile. It's not like we added NAW or Nas Little. We added Reddish and Hunter. 

Huerter would be lucky to reach his peak marks from last year this year. Just much better competition. It's not just Bembry and Dorsey anymore.

I hate to be a dream destroyer, but we need to pump the brakes just a little bit on these projections for Kevin.

Let's say Kevin averages 13 ppg - 3 rebs - and 3 asst.  I think a lot of us think that is doable, right?  And he shot 38% from 3.  So we're expecting him to at least do that too.

Here's a reality check.

Last season, there were only THREE guards in the entire NBA who achieved all 4 of these marks.

- Stephen Curry

- Kyrie Irving

- and Malcolm Brogdon

( not counting RJ Hunter ( 1 game played ) and Walt Lemon ( 6 games played )

If you expand that list to include forwards and centers, that list grows to FIVE players, with Paul George and Karl Anthony-Towns added to the list.

https://tinyurl.com/y4tjro7n

Even when you drop the 3 point percentage down to 36%, you're still only talking about 20 players in the league last season who have hit all 4 numbers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, if Trae becomes a more efficient shooter, I think he's going to shoot the ball more often.

And getting to the FT line isn't Huerter's game.  It wasn't really his forte in college, and definitely not in the pros. 

So I think it's either going to be one or the other.  Either Huerter will become a better shooter and score more points, or he'll be more of a playmaker and score less points.

Ceiling for next season: 

- 15 ppg - 3 rebs - 2 asst . . 38% 3FG

or

- 11 ppg - 3 rebs - 4 asst . . 38% 3FG

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Also, if Trae becomes a more efficient shooter, I think he's going to shoot the ball more often.

And getting to the FT line isn't Huerter's game.  It wasn't really his forte in college, and definitely not in the pros. 

So I think it's either going to be one or the other.  Either Huerter will become a better shooter and score more points, or he'll be more of a playmaker and score less points.

Ceiling for next season: 

- 15 ppg - 3 rebs - 2 asst . . 38% 3FG

or

- 11 ppg - 3 rebs - 4 asst . . 38% 3FG

Good series of posts.  I'm not calling those his ceiling, though.  I'll call those 60% outcomes (i.e., good ones but his ceiling is even better, IMO).

• Like 3

He is clearly getting less than 34 mpg. @AHF, this is a bet I am willing to take. Since it's with my brother Spud, the terms are just bragging rights but I want to make this bet. @Spud2nique, are you okay with these terms

Wait, what are we doing? I don’t even know what terms you are talking about. Fill me in. 

already our most gifted player by a country mile.

Respectfully disagree. Trae would disagree as well. We are talking top 5 passer since Magic in Trae. That’s no country mile and I’m a huge Cam guy.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t put a ceiling on any of our players for the most part. 

• Like 3