• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RealGM - Trae Young - Luka Doncic supporters

NBASupes

16 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Let’s combine the swimming 🏊‍♀️ and volleyball 🏐 and just make him a water 💦 polo 👕 dude! 

Oh man, perfect 👌 body for water polo 🤽‍♂️ 

So agreed. Flamingo Kid much? I know, it is more of a lifestyle. 

FK.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You are talking to a huge Duke supporter I should add. I have nothing v. UK. Now if you are that team 10 miles away in Chapel Hill...

Sometimes it’s hard for me to believe you’re a Duke fan, but then you do like Al Horford, not that he went there but he’s a fundy type guy. How long have you been a Duke fan Supes? Personally I’ve rooted against Duke over the years except for this last year cuz of the prospects and I figured we had a good shot to land 1/3.

Always wanted the UNLV’s and Michigan’s to beat Duke. I remember that Laettner game winner turnaround top of the key, was watching it on tv 📺.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Don't much care about a Celtic's site because of all the pain they have caused my fanship since the late sixties. Like De Niro says, "F*** Em". Oh yeah, that was directed at someone else by him. Same diff.

Ya, you say F em! Doesn’t Primo say that? 😂 I want Vitti dead 💀 top 10 flick. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Sometimes it’s hard for me to believe you’re a Duke fan, but then you do like Al Horford, not that he went there but he’s a fundy type guy. How long have you been a Duke fan Supes? Personally I’ve rooted against Duke over the years except for this last year cuz of the prospects and I figured we had a good shot to land 1/3.

Always wanted the UNLV’s and Michigan’s to beat Duke. I remember that Laettner game winner turnaround top of the key, was watching it on tv 📺.

Since my sister was accepted 9 years ago. Before then, I was a college basketball nomad. I team hopped depending on the players on the roster. 

As a kid, I like UNLV, Michigan, Arizona, UCLA, Gonzaga, UNC, etc. Just depended on who they had. But now, I am just a Duke fan. I want my son to go there for engineering when he gets older. I was a UK fan the year Wall came out. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

Yeah, we could talk flicks all night no doubt. They are not all from the last thirty years or so don't you know. Remember you talking about your Dad introducing you to The Mechanic when you were young. That is a cool Dad. At some point Disney has to take a back seat. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think it's because he is white and really nice on the court. Luka is a straight-up baller but it's insane to say he is better than Simmons or Embiid. Whiteness is 95% of it. 5% is because he is nice. 

I think the Luka/Trae thing was more even than the I wouldn't trade him for Larry Bird comments or Luka>both Embiid and Simmons. That's where him being white is getting him the insanity fans. His fans are the white version of the Linsanitics. Those Lin fans were the worst! More than Kobe and MJ's but now Luka fans want a place. They made excuses for days too. 

I disagree. Other white European players, even good ones, get basically no hype. KP was booed on draft night.  Many casual NBA fans don't even know who Jokic is. If anything Luka is popular in spite of being a white European, not because of it.

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Since my sister was accepted 

Nice 👍🏼 My sister got accepted to Cal in 92, I got to see Kidd live a couple times and had also seen Kidd in rival high school tournaments in our area.

I was like you though. I was all around depending on who each team had at the time. I liked Michigan for the fab five and the shorts we all wore in high school because of them, before that Grandmama Augmon Hunt Anthony and company UNLV and few others like Georgetown for A.I. and UConn for Ray n Rip. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Would Luka get the same hype if he was a black dude? Not trying to drag race into Luka mania but I’m just wondering if he wasn’t a white dude, would he have AS MUCH hype?

ps 19 days till this avatar is dumped.

No matter how good Luka was/is, and no matter what he did his rookie year, everyone is just going to dismiss it as white hype. You can go ahead and change the avatar now, if my permission matters at all to you.

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, we could talk flicks all night no doubt. They are not all from the last thirty years or so don't you know. Remember you talking about your Dad introducing you to The Mechanic a while back. That is a cool Dad. At some point Disney has to take a back seat. 

The Great Escape, Dirty Dozen, Magnificent Seven preceded the Mechanic 🧰 for me. I missed Disney, I saw Sound of Music 🎶would be the lightest thing I saw, and that even brought some anxiety towards the end. 😬 

Lets just say those guys didn’t take folks to peoples court if they had issues with them. 😆 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I got to see Kidd live a couple times

Did you see Kidd and Cal face UNC and J.R. Reid's hairdo in the tourney? Only time in college I remember J.R. running his mouth. Was like he took a bottle of NoDoz before the tipoff.

• Haha 1

Just now, bleachkit said:

No matter how good Luka was/is, and no matter what he did his rookie year, everyone is just going to dismiss it as white hype. You can go ahead and change the avatar now, if my permission matters at all to you.

A deal is a deal. I’ll wait till opening night. Again, I’m in the same boat as AHF on the whole Luka thing. I’m not buying into the hype, having said that, the guy is a baller whether he’s white black or purple, that is hard to argue.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Did you see Kidd and Cal face UNC and J.R. Reid's hairdo in the tourney? Only time in college I remember J.R. running his mouth. Was like he took a bottle of NoDoz before the tipoff.

No but I remember Tony Gonzales and his guns 💪🏾 😊 Can’t believe he turned out to be a top 3 TE of all time. I like Reid and his tribal tattoo, I think I wanted one at the time.

• Like 2

Just beat Dallas in the regular season and especially the post season if that matchup ever comes around. That would be a trophy for us right there. Done deal then. The other stuff is just stats.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think it's because he is white and really nice on the court. Luka is a straight-up baller but it's insane to say he is better than Simmons or Embiid. Whiteness is 95% of it. 5% is because he is nice. 

I think the Luka/Trae thing was more even than the I wouldn't trade him for Larry Bird comments or Luka>both Embiid and Simmons. That's where him being white is getting him the insanity fans. His fans are the white version of the Linsanitics. Those Lin fans were the worst! More than Kobe and MJ's but now Luka fans want a place. They made excuses for days too. 

I think Luka will be better than both Simmons and Embiid and it has absolutely nothing to do with him being white. Try to work that one out. 

Edited by High5