• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CLP Appreciation Thread

kg01

Beautiful JVG!....

and his brother..

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh and they asked vGundy about Howard in LA.  He said stte: "His contract isn't guaranteed until January 10th?  I predict, on January 11th, they'll see a reversion." (basically predicted he'll be on his best behavior until then)

Daaaaaaaanng, homie.

He gots raw onem doh. Geez.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

LP is the most talented coach we have had in Atlanta. We had plenty great talents in coaching. Bud is still the best coach we likely ever had tho. 

🤔 still up for debate. Bud got mad skillz. If we want to be fair. Which we don’t! 🔥 on!!!! LP it is! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

Related image

Being a guy who builds AR15's, this is what my brain defaulted to when I saw CLP... lol

But to answer the OP, I like that we hired a young coach to go with our young players.  I don't know if he is the guy that will take us to the top, but I believe he is a coach that this team can grow with in the present.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

CLP has that rare ability to get players to like AND respect him.  Carries himself like The Don he is.

I've said this before, I prejudged LP to some degree when we got him. Even though outside and with friends, I was happy about the hire. I didn't know what to expect. Was this going to be LD, a career assistant coaching or Woody, a smart but stubborn coach.

I didn't know what to expect. I got more than I thought. For someone who had no real HC hype, he is a potential superstar at this. Usually we are hiring great coaches but you know it before you get it. Czar for example. Bud had a lot of hype. Lenny had a lot of fanfare. 

When we went for lesser names, Snotts, he failed but is a good coach nowadays with Portland.

Kruger, epic failed but gave us Trae. 

Woody, improved yearly but never had the coaching talent needed to excel in this profession 

LD, career assistant, f***ed us up with Giannis 

None of these names had names and we got burned but LP is a raising star

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hazer said:

Wait. I thought Pierce was hired just to be here for the 18-win losing seasons until Hawks sign a big-name coach down the road. Since no other teams even interviewed him and whatnot 🤔

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51afb82d663d2a71e44e5

The doctor said he was another LD

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The doctor said he was another LD

It should now be painfully obvious to everyone there was a LOOOOOOT of intellectual laziness in his assumptions. 

• Haha 2