• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steve Holman and Bob Rathbun....Voice of the Hawks on radio and TV Broadcaster..the tales they tell!

JayBirdHawk

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Mike Bell's impression of Bob Rathbun is absolutely hilarious. 

Dukes & Bell is my favorite show 🏆 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Mike Bell's impression of Bob Rathbun is absolutely hilarious. 

Just now, hazer said:

Buck can be pretty damn funny when he gets “itchy” too 🤣

Just now, hazer said:

Buck can be pretty damn funny when he gets “itchy” too 🤣

I loathe Kincaid though. Chuck pretty much too 😑

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Snippet of Part 3:

This franchise has undergone so many changes that you have touched on already. How do you think this current plan compares to the previous one where the Hawks were in the playoffs every year? 

Rathbun: We’ll definitely be back. I’m not worried about that. We’ll be back sooner rather than later. We’ve never been in a better place than what we are now.

Holman: There’s a true plan in place.

When you say they have never been in a better place, what do you exactly mean by that? 

Rathbun: Well, the management, ownership, the coaches. Everything on the basketball side. We have one of the greatest CEOs in marketing and administration ever in (Steve) Koonin. He’s worked for Coca-Cola, Turner. He’s got the background.

Holman: If he wasn’t a lifelong Hawks fan from Atlanta, he probably wouldn’t be doing this.

Rathbun: We’ve got a state-of-the-art practice facility and arena now. We have an unbelievable training staff. Look at what’s going on with Golden State since Chelsea (Lane) left them. We have all of that.

Holman: We have people who know what they are doing in every phase of our operations now.

Rathbun: I’m not saying this just because I’m a part of the organization. I swear to God, we have never been in a better place. Everything that you want, we have. The way we travel is different. The hotels that Tony puts us up in are beautiful. The team meals — who knows what that costs.

Holman: This has all changed since Tony (Ressler) has taken over. These team dinner things are a brand new phenomenon for us.

Rathbun: The thing with Tony, if Travis (Schlenk) and Lloyd (Pierce) think it’s important for us to have something, there are no questions asked. It’s not like they are fighting over a few dollars here and there.

Holman: He’ll even ask Zac (Walsh) when we go to restaurants on the road, “Are you sure there isn’t a better place than that?” He wants the best of everything.

Rathbun: There’s nothing that we don’t lack. The last piece of the puzzle is just getting these guys coached up to play on a championship level.

Holman: Not that it means anything to the basketball side of things, but they have also included us in things now. We’re now back in the family again, and they don’t have to. They all look at us as one big family, so to speak.

Rathbun: The one thing that I tried to get across to the previous head coach with not much success was everybody who is on the plane — the core group who travels — has a job that is instrumental to the success of the franchise. It would behoove the leadership to know who the hell each of the people are on the plane. That was never the case. It’s the case now. Lloyd knows who everyone is. You’re on that plane for a reason. It’s not just for a joy ride. You have something specific that you have to do to help this team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/5/2019 at 10:53 PM, hazer said:

Yea, Mike Bell is really smart and really funny. He actually has a natural wit. Unlike most on the radio, who are either angry shock jock hater types or boring as hell. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2019 at 10:55 PM, hazer said:

I loathe Kincaid though. Chuck pretty much too 😑

Kincade is the worst. I truly dislike him. Self-righteous jerk, not nearly as smart or as clever as he thinks he is. He also knows nothing about the Hawks or basketball. When the NBA comes up, it's always glorifying the days of Magic and Bird, and condemning today's players, then quickly transitioning back to college football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Snippet of Part 3:

This right here! 👆🏽

And not the first time I’ve heard Bawb disparage Pudenholzer, probably won’t be the last. Seems to have a deep disdain for the fella, which is a red flag. I have a fairly keen radar for reading people too, I hear ya Bawb. I hear ya 🤔

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Yea, Mike Bell is really smart and really funny. He actually has a natural wit. Unlike most on the radio, who are either angry shock jock hater types or boring as hell. 

He reminds me of my FIL, even looks a bit like him 🤣

5 minutes ago, hazer said:

This right here! 👆🏽

And not the first time I’ve heard Bawb disparage Pudenholzer, probably won’t be the last. Seems to have a deep disdain for the fella, which is a red flag. I have a keen radar for reading people too, I hear ya Bawb. I hear ya 🤔

Admit it Haze, you miss Belkin. 😆 

Its so refreshing to hear that money 💰 isn’t an issue with Tony...or as his close friends 👬 call him,

UNCLE STONEY... 😐 Ya he gets 🔥 like a candle 🕯!!! 😆 👏 

Hes a baby 👶 boomer whaddya want?? 😂 

• Haha 1