• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Series: How Good Could Dwight Howard and CP3 have been as Hawks in 2013

Diesel

• Diesel changed the title to Series: How Good Could Dwight Howard and CP3 have been as Hawks in 2013
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Series: Who hates these threads?

Ok now I’m f***in convinced you and @hazer are the same f***in person. A burner, really? 

COMOOOOON MAN!

Nobody two people can hate this series thread like you too. 👯 much? Geezuss 🤦‍♀️ 

By the way I don’t wanna talk about Dwight or Cp. I don’t wanna talk at all to the media. 👋 I’m out.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We would have won titles. 

Well, those teams would have still had to play Lebron and the Refs.   It would have been daunting.  But.. I agree. 

Here's the thing...

People want to talk about the failing of D8. 

The thing is has anybody noticed that D8 hasn't been paired with facilitators.  Only ball control people.   Kobe, Harden, Goldie, 

Whenever he was paired with facilitators, he has done well. 

Put that with CP3.  The Best floor General in the game.   Wow.   And Horford.  Wow.  And Korver!!  Playing for Bud. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Ok now I’m f***in convinced you and @hazer are the same f***in person. A burner, really? 

COMOOOOON MAN!

Nobody two people can hate this series thread like you too. 👯 much? Geezuss 🤦‍♀️ 

By the way I don’t wanna talk about Dwight or Cp. I don’t wanna talk at all to the media. 👋 I’m out.

No, me and @hazer are not the same guy.  If I used a burner, I'd say outlandish things and make ridiculous claims and predictions then I'd disappear when none of them came true.  Wait, am I a "doctor" from Mississippi?

😨😄 c'mon, who gets the joke?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Diesel said:

Well, those teams would have still had to play Lebron and the Refs.   It would have been daunting.  But.. I agree. 

Here's the thing...

People want to talk about the failing of D8. 

The thing is has anybody noticed that D8 hasn't been paired with facilitators.  Only ball control people.   Kobe, Harden, Goldie, 

Whenever he was paired with facilitators, he has done well. 

Put that with CP3.  The Best floor General in the game.   Wow.   And Horford.  Wow.  And Korver!!  Playing for Bud. 

That would be so exciting to see.  CP3 and Horford running the offense (on the perimeter and in the post).  Efficient scoring from all those guys and all of them zone compatible - Dwight around the basket, Horford around the free throw line, Korver exploiting every double on the perimeter, CP3 doing his scoring from about everywhere.  And the defensive paring of prime Dwight and Horford would be intense.  

How good would they have been?  Well, not one of them has a ring and most of them have had some low moments in the playoffs so I don't think this would guarantee titles but so much talent on the floor would be super exciting and the ceiling for them is nothing short of multiple titles.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

That would be so exciting to see.  CP3 and Horford running the offense (on the perimeter and in the post).  Efficient scoring from all those guys and all of them zone compatible - Dwight around the basket, Horford around the free throw line, Korver exploiting every double on the perimeter, CP3 doing his scoring from about everywhere.  And the defensive paring of prime Dwight and Horford would be intense.  

How good would they have been?  Well, not one of them has a ring and most of them have had some low moments in the playoffs so I don't think this would guarantee titles but so much talent on the floor would be super exciting and the ceiling for them is nothing short of multiple titles.

I thought we had discussed this a few years..maybe 10 😂 years ago. I think if we had chosen Cp3 over Marvin in 2005, then we never would have had a shot at drafting Alice in 2007. We would have been a top 8 team in the east for sure. Ya, no lottery pick in 2007 for us.

But you get Cp3, Horford and Korver, you should probably have a pretty good chance at an eastern conference finals...wait we had that against the Cavs..ok maybe a finals appearance.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I thought we had discussed this a few years..maybe 10 😂 years ago. I think if we had chosen Cp3 over Marvin in 2005, then we never would have had a shot at drafting Alice in 2007. We would have been a top 8 team in the east for sure. Ya, no lottery pick in 2007 for us.

But you get Cp3, Horford and Korver, you should probably have a pretty good chance at an eastern conference finals...wait we had that against the Cavs..ok maybe a finals appearance.

I think the idea here is that both were free agents and in this scenario we sign them both in 2013.

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think the idea here is that both were free agents and in this scenario we sign them both in 2013.

Sorry I didn’t see the Dwight pairing with Alice part. Oh God, Alice ran from that and a good decision at that. After Dwight left Orlando, it was over. He left his 💜 at Disney World if he ever had one. Waste of basketball viewing imo.

If I recall, the only way to truly have this scenario play out was to have put Bobby Sura and Co. on the injured list as any sensible GM would've and prayed that the ping-pong balls fall true. Knowing our luck as well as BK's penchant for incompetence when it came to the Draft, the Hawks would've ended up with Childress anyway.

But let's put some imagination to work here. Say that the Hawks ended up with Dwight and Osh instead and then with Woody's utter hatred of playing young guys, they still end up with the 2nd pick (I said use imagination here). Common sense would seriously lean towards taking CP3 with that pick, then bringing in Joe Johnson. Let's see here...

Paul/Johnson/Harrington/Smith/Howard

Yeah, you can forget about them being able to get Horford a couple of years later; barring injury, they would've been much better than 30-52 and contended for a playoff spot long before Al became draft-eligible. Even Woody couldn't screw that up...

• Premium Member

Prior to the 2013 Season, We had both CP3 and D8 come in and talk about the possibility of playing with us in 2013.  We had just traded Joe to Brooklyn and Marvin to somewhere and we had a lot of capspace.   IF we don't resign Smoove (which we didn't) we would have had enough to sign both CP3 and D8.  The problem was somebody in the frontoffice (Bowdler) leaked that we were getting D8 and CP3 to the season ticketholders and they called tampering on us.  In a later interview, D8 says he was unsure about playing for Bud... (new coach) and so when the tampering charge was given, he started looking elsewhere. 

But we had them on the line.  No pipesmoke.

• Sad 1