• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk Fantasy Basketball XVIII

capstone21

• Admin

Year 19 of the Hawksquawk fantasy basketball league is upon us (I know the name is XVIII)

The draft is this Sunday at 7pm ...

we are bringing back the managers from last season But if you are not interested in playing please let me know so we can get someone new

THIS IS FOR ONLY SERIOUS MANAGERS WHO WILL PLAY THE WHOLE SEASON

Whether u are 20 games behind or in first place, you will be expected to manage your lineups

The draft is tentatively scheduled for October 20th at 7pm eastern

Good luck fellow managers as we play another great season!!!!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, pimp said:

I disappointed with how my draft turned out. 😞 , But  i also hated my draft last year too , and i worked out pretty good.

My Centers are hurting. Clarke was probably to big a reach. I had a old man memory moment and missed on Huerter; which hurt my pride. Damn you @Spud2nique 🤣 But I got Trae so there is that!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

My Centers are hurting. Clarke was probably to big a reach. I had a old man memory moment and missed on Huerter; which hurt my pride. Damn you @Spud2nique 🤣 But I got Trae so there is that!

Looking at my lineup, I have a lot of scorers but my team looks really average.

54 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

i have Jokic , Gobert , and Sabonis .Maybe we could workout a trade.. u never know.

35 minutes ago, pimp said:

i have Jokic , Gobert , and Sabonis .Maybe we could workout a trade.. u never know.

I have to see how White and Herro play. Giving up Trae or Fox right now would do me in if those two don't pan out. I am luke warm on Sabonis with all the trade rumors but a less than block buster trade might work out. Like you said, you never know.

After a few weeks I should know a little more about my team.

Edited by Buzzard

We all try and have a plan for our team and the way it’ll look once constructed but things don’t always go to plan and ur team looks 👀 like 💩...  sorry 🧢 had me feelin this way about my own squad. 😆 

My fav teams on paper as of now in order:

Top 3

#3 DS5 I’m not really sure who this is on squawk but I think the potential of a Curry Doncic and McCollum trio for the 🔥 power on the perimeter mixed in with a blend of bigs that can handle the rock and do a bit of everything in Horford, Millsap ( x Hawks) and Randle with the big bigs in Turner and Jarrett Allen. 

#2 Pimp’s Air ATL Airforce Jokic Gobert Sabonis 3 headed monster in solid production bigs.Ben Simmons is the wildcard. He has an MVP like season and this 👀 like a playoff team. Shooters in Lou and EG. NAW and Shamet could be huge too if they get enough burn.

#1 Buzzard 🐝 Two of the NBA’s top point men IMHO in our boy Trae and Fox 🦊 of the Kings. Backcourt only  gets stronger with a SG eligible Middleton, a jack of all trade Broggy and a future Hawk annoyance Tyler Herro 😆. Bagley and Clarke two of my fav bigs from the 18 and 19 draft respectively and of course the centerpiece superstar and my favorite non Hawk in the league Kawhi the 🧤. Load management can only slow this machine down. 

Having said all that, fantasy games aren’t played on paper 📝 but rather on the court...wait no it is paper but.. 🧐 

GL to all the teams involved. May every team stay as healthy as possible. 😊 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the ranking Spud. I do like my guards and who doesn't like Kawhl! One thing I learned last season is not to reach so dang early. Last  year I panicked and reached in the 5th round for a big. At least I waited until the 7th to freak out and reach for one, Clarke, this year.

I really like the competitive draft but there is not a lot of great bigs in the league. It seems almost every year I miss out on good center depth because they go so quick.

As you said, good luck everyone!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Hoping my alumn SJSU guy will bring the heat for you in the paint 🎨 😊 Letsss go!

I hope he can make a impact. I thought Huerter was gone when I took White. but it was Hunter. Like I said, a old man memory moment,

Edited by Buzzard
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I don't really care for my squad either. We'll see how it goes.

Your team looks pretty damn imposing. Rebounds, threes, points, and assist. We are matched up this week. Good luck man!

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...