• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big man help is coming

txsting

In addition, Giannis feasts on fast break situations and isn’t nearly as effective when the game slows down in the playoffs. I know the narrative for some of us around here (for them getttng knocked out) is because Bud has had lackluster playoff history, but Giannis has to find a way to become more effective in half court situations too. This is one of those things that staring at the stats won’t show you..

Edited by EazyRoc

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

Don’t move the goalposts. That’s not my argument.

What I’m saying is Trae has MVP caliber production at 20 years and is still a couple of years removed from his prime.

The point was to emphasize the futility in comparing a veteran with several years experience to a 2nd year player. Therefore, it would make more sense to make an apples to apples comparison.

So, getting back to the original point before you chimed in, I would not do that because Trae still has room to become significantly better and based on where each was at age 20 means it’s not unrealistic for Trae to become the better player in the future.

Let see what Giannis does this year now that the best player in the league is in the West.

Trae has put up an MVP caliber season at age 20?? On what parallel universe is this true. 19 ppg on 41% shooting, close to dead last in every defensive metric. OK. 

40 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Trae has put up an MVP caliber season at age 20?? On what parallel universe is this true. 19 ppg on 41% shooting, close to dead last in every defensive metric. OK. 

Correction: 21, but keep being facetious because you’ve got no argument anymore. The fact that he’s a bad defender is another area where he can see growth. In addition to other areas at that. Therefore, nah I wouldn’t trade him for prime Giannis because although he is historically productive he’s still got some important aspects of his game that needs work. I can’t wait to see how the playoffs play out this year. Let’s see where all the regular season hype gets those guys.

Meanwhile I will continue to cheer & root for our (likely) All Star PG in his second year who is on pace to finish a 2nd season with historic level of production.

Edited by EazyRoc

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Correction: 21, but keep being facetious because you’ve got no argument anymore. The fact that he’s a bad defender is another area where he can see growth. In addition to other areas at that. Therefore, nah I wouldn’t trade him for prime Giannis because although he is historically productive he’s still got some important aspects of his game that needs work. I can’t wait to see how the playoffs play out this year. Let’s see where all the regular season hype gets those guys.

Meanwhile I will continue to cheer & root for our (likely) All Star PG in his second year who is on pace to finish a 2nd season with historic level of production.

Who's moving goal posts? LMFAO. 

Edited by Atlantaholic

• Moderators
On 1/3/2020 at 7:20 PM, Atlantaholic said:

You really thought he was talking about Trae’s rookie season and not this one?  Come on.  I’m on your side on this but come on.