• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Big man help is coming

txsting

The bright side of the Hawks misfortune is that we are going to once again have a high draft pick.  And lucky for us, this looks like an incredible year for big men in the draft.  You'd have to believe right now that we could come away with one of the following players:  Wiseman, Okongwu, or Vernon Carey.  Any of the three would make a big impact alongside Collins.  

At some point we've got to move away from these young players but I just don't see any way we are getting a big that would move the needle in FA.  Trading from Drummond doesn't get me too excited either.

The other thing we're going to need is a DOG at the 2 or 3 position.  I think we can and should fill this need with a vet.  I would make Hunter, Cam, and/or Huerter (basically anyone except Trae and Collins) available plus picks to make this happen.  This is something we should possibly do at the deadline this year, before these young guys play their way out of any semblance of value (and to extract value from one of these great expiring contracts we have).

Or, I would gladly trade Trae and Cam back to the Mavs and take my chances with Luka. 🙂  Any day.  We screwed that up.  Admit it.

Edited by txsting
more data
  • Like 1

All of those guys are not ready made. It will take time. 

We still need a vet center that is solid and can start

Just because Luka is the best of three doesn't mean we lost the trade. If Cam is a superstar in three years, that's two superstars for one.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m fine with drafting a big but I don’t know ....I’d rather Schlenk pick up a center that’s already established and draft another wing.

also I’m hoping like crazy we get the number 1 pick so we can draft Edwards 

hace 11 horas, txsting dijo:

The bright side of the Hawks misfortune is that we are going to once again have a high draft pick.  And lucky for us, this looks like an incredible year for big men in the draft.  You'd have to believe right now that we could come away with one of the following players:  Wiseman, Okongwu, or Vernon Carey.  Any of the three would make a big impact alongside Collins.  

At some point we've got to move away from these young players but I just don't see any way we are getting a big that would move the needle in FA.  Trading from Drummond doesn't get me too excited either.

The other thing we're going to need is a DOG at the 2 or 3 position.  I think we can and should fill this need with a vet.  I would make Hunter, Cam, and/or Huerter (basically anyone except Trae and Collins) available plus picks to make this happen.  This is something we should possibly do at the deadline this year, before these young guys play their way out of any semblance of value (and to extract value from one of these great expiring contracts we have).

Or, I would gladly trade Trae and Cam back to the Mavs and take my chances with Luka. 🙂  Any day.  We screwed that up.  Admit it.

I would add Stewart to that group. Unless we get 1st pick or 2nd and we have a shot at Edwards I would go big with our pick and a backup PG with BKN pick.

at FA we have some legit options at C, we can add a star on Drummond or add a FA like Baynes, Noel, Ibaka, Henson, Thompson, Favors. 

Next year we would be still too young, if we want to compete rest of the roster should be a combination of quality players and vets. Something like Teague or Napier, Joe Harris or Korkmaz, Crowder or Bertans, Christian Wood and Noel would make wonders for the team.

I hope we trade our pick, even if it's the top pick.

No more rookies.  If any of these dudes were the next LeBron or whoever, we'd know by now.  We knew lebron was great when he was in the 9th grade.

None of these '20 guys are that.  They're years away from actually helping us win.  We gotta get over the p-word.

Trade the pick for some actual help.  Use the BKN pick on an upside guy.

I'm done with rookies.  Done done done.

Think about it.  The top pick used to mean something.  Not anymore.  The pressure is still there, but gone are the days of the #1 pick walking in and impacting winning.  Let's be honest with ourselves.

• Like 1

Think very good vet moves could be Teague and one of Baynes/Noel. Balance improved for both starting and backup lineups. Add the draft and that would hopefully get us very close to or at a ten man rotation with some youngsters maturing needed of course. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I hope we trade our pick, even if it's the top pick.

No more rookies.  If any of these dudes were the next LeBron or whoever, we'd know by now.  We knew lebron was great when he was in the 9th grade.

None of these '20 guys are that.  They're years away from actually helping us win.  We gotta get over the p-word.

Trade the pick for some actual help.  Use the BKN pick on an upside guy.

I'm done with rookies.  Done done done.

Think about it.  The top pick used to mean something.  Not anymore.  The pressure is still there, but gone are the days of the #1 pick walking in and impacting winning.  Let's be honest with ourselves.

You get picks 1 or 2  at our stage of the rebuild and in most drafts for the most part you gotta keep it.

1. Edwards (Keep, flip others)

2. Wiseman (Keep, flip others; here you wouldn’t even flip we need him)

3. Ball (for us here’s where I would want a ransom for Ball). 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You get picks 1 or 2  at our stage of the rebuild and in most drafts for the most part you gotta keep it.

1. Edwards (Keep, flip others)

2. Wiseman (Keep, flip others; here you wouldn’t even flip we need him)

3. Ball (for us here’s where I would want a ransom for Ball). 

Disagree.  I'm not gonna hang onto a pick just because.  If I can flip it for help, sign me up.

No one can tell me Edwards isn't just another Lavine.  And I'm equally unwavered by Wiseman.

Trade the pick, guv'na.

Do I at least get cool points for me cockny Bri'ish accent?

Edited by kg01
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

No one can tell me Edwards isn't just another Lavine. 

Am just guessing here but is the game that GT played against UGA the only time you have seen Edwards on the floor? Edwards is stunningly strong getting to the basket and finishing. He is constantly doubled, trapped and zone and one upped. I know he is a projected SG but the kid could already play fairly physical at SF even at his current weight at the NBA level imho. So believe he will fair very well at SG at the next level and he will only get stronger.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’ve always wanted to attend a game live so I can yell NICE GAME PRETTY BOY 👦! to Lavine as he strolls by. 

Believe Agassi is the guy that said "image" is everything, and believe LaVine may know all about that stuff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Am just guessing here but is the game that GT played against UGA the only time you have seen Edwards on the floor? Edwards is stunningly strong getting to the basket and finishing. He is constantly doubled, trapped and zone and one upped. I know he is a projected SG but the kid could already play fairly physical at SF even at his current weight at the NBA level imho. So believe he will fair very well at SG at the next level and he will only get stronger.

My point is he's not a cant-miss prospect.  He'll need developing which is something I no longer have the stomach for. 

Frankly, I'm not sure why or how any of the rest of you do either.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

My point is he's not a cant-miss prospect.  He'll need developing which is something I no longer have the stomach for. 

Frankly, I'm not sure why or how any of the rest of you do either.

We are in year 3 of our rebuild.  Golden State’s rookie in year 4 was Klay Thompson.  Kind of an important piece for them.

(I’m saying year 1 for them was when they drafted Curry but arguably that was actually year 5).

• Like 1