• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would you do for a Frosty?

Spud2nique

Not an IT fan but wow man, congrats to him for not doing something more. Some fans need a larger measure of self respect and respect the game and players as well. Poor visual right there. Actually makes me think of the days seeing games on tv of Boston Garden where the floor was buckled up and fans were walked to the exit for comments and gestures towards opponents family members often enough. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

With as many potshots as I've directed IT's way -- from the comfort of home -- I oughta have had as many free Frosties as Junior Bridgeman by now. Good on IT, although he'll probably pay a small fine for confronting the fan instead of directing the refs and the security from the outset to take care of it. All the fan will get is a Frosty reception from security, the next time he tries to come to the arena.

I do appreciate our Hawks superfan group at The Farm. They know how to be clever meanies, during targeted opponent FTs, without being flat-out boorish.

~lw3

• Like 2

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

With as many potshots as I've directed IT's way -- from the comfort of home -- I oughta have had as many free Frosties as Junior Bridgeman by now. Good on IT, although he'll probably pay a small fine for confronting the fan instead of directing the refs and the security from the outset to take care of it. All the fan will get is a Frosty reception from security, the next time he tries to come to the arena.

I do appreciate our Hawks superfan group at The Farm. They know how to be clever meanies, during targeted opponent FTs, without being flat-out boorish.

~lw3

Not sure if any punishment is coming IT's way, but the League has responded re fans:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

~lw3

....and there it is.

• Sad 2

2 games is very excessive, in my opinion.  I understand that they don't want the players going into the stands for any reason.  It's not a good look for them to be doing that.  Still, a 2 game suspension for that, but may only get 1 game for a Flagrant 2 foul that could've really hurt someone, seems out of whack.

I am glad that the NBA and their respective teams are really starting to crack down on these obnoxious fans.  Boo all you want. But don't say something in the stands, that you wouldn't say to a player's face.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Boo all you want. But don't say something in the stands, that you wouldn't say to a player's face.

I wish there was an online function for this too. Lottaaaaaaa folks talkin a whole lotta yang that would be church ⛪🐁 otherwise... present company included..

😐 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

2 games is very excessive, in my opinion.  I understand that they don't want the players going into the stands for any reason.  It's not a good look for them to be doing that.  Still, a 2 game suspension for that, but may only get 1 game for a Flagrant 2 foul that could've really hurt someone, seems out of whack.

I am glad that the NBA and their respective teams are really starting to crack down on these obnoxious fans.  Boo all you want. But don't say something in the stands, that you wouldn't say to a player's face.

Exactly this.  And let's be honest, if that's lebron or steph it's probably crickets from the NBA or a 5,000 fine but a lot of praise for handling it well.