• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dedmon Walking ... back?

kg01

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I also wouldn’t mind Hield. He and Trae could form the best shooting backcourt for years.

Then you'll just "Loooove' this RealGM trade for Hield:

Reddish, 2020 ATL 1st, 2020 BKN 1st for Hield and Ibaka. :hehe:

• Sad 3

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's hard to set exact roles in motion when you don't have a full compliment of players: starters and nench.

Yeah, I understand that serious problem but really believe Kevin is exactly what he is, a backup SG that can hopefully stretch the floor more often moving forward. Personally would always start Cam at SG and right now I guess Goodwin and Bembry get the point minutes. Maybe a few there for Cam. Understand we are running out of bodies though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's hard to set exact roles in motion when you don't have a full compliment of players: starters and bench for a single game so far this season.

I did read that Heurter, Trae and Collins have played together a ridiculously low number of minutes. This team still needs to gel almost halfway through the season😖

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, turnermx said:

I did read that Heurter, Trae and Collins have played together a ridiculously low number of minutes. This team still needs to gel almost halfway through the season😖

Before JC's return it was something like 19 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then you'll just "Loooove' this RealGM trade for Hield:

Reddish, 2020 ATL 1st, 2020 BKN 1st for Hield and Ibaka. :hehe:

NOOOOOOOO!!!! I’m not on Supes level with Cam but I can’t trade the guy. He just had too much untapped potential.

I can’t trade Trae, Cam, or Hunter right this second, at least definitely not in a Hield deal coming back.

Not great defense played by Hield so that’s another issue. The thing with Trae is that we have to put a defensive guy at the 2 guard position, either that or have the best offensive backcourt in the league, but that’s not really a recipe for victories.

Uggghhh. 

Is it possible to freeze 🥶 time and let the Hawks practice together injury free for a month. We aren’t this bad but the injuries and the vets sucking...it’s the perfect storm ⛈ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

NOOOOOOOO!!!! I’m not on Supes level with Cam but I can’t trade the guy. He just had too much untapped potential.

I can’t trade Trae, Cam, or Hunter right this second, at least definitely not in a Hield deal coming back.

Not great defense played by Hield so that’s another issue. The thing with Trae is that we have to put a defensive guy at the 2 guard position, either that or have the best offensive backcourt in the league, but that’s not really a recipe for victories.

Uggghhh. 

Is it possible to freeze 🥶 time and let the Hawks practice together injury free for a month. We aren’t this bad but the injuries and the vets sucking...it’s the perfect storm ⛈ 

I am beginning to like the idea of Cam starting next to Trae from now on. The 2nd unit could use the offense of Heurter to complement defense of Goodwin, and also has the offense of Jabari.. which needs to complemented by the defense of Len.  We lack depth but if healthy should win some games if CLP can get the guys together again.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Dedmon confirmed he wants to be traded in an interview with The Sacramento Bee before Sunday’s game against the Denver Nuggets, saying he feels unappreciated and would prefer to play for a team that will utilize his unique skill set.

“I would like to be traded,” Dedmon told The Bee, speaking publicly about his trade request for the first time. “I haven’t been playing, so I would like to go somewhere where my talents are appreciated.”

Dedmon rejected the idea that he has played his way out of Walton’s rotation, saying he isn’t the only slumping shooter on the team. Hield and Barnes have also experienced prolonged shooting slumps.

“I’m not the only person struggling with my shot, so if that’s a factor then it’s kind of crazy,” Dedmon said. “If you’re not allowed to shoot through your slumps, I don’t know how you’re supposed to make shots.”

When reminded the Kings made a big investment in him and there might be time to turn his season around, Dedmon indicated he feels it is too late to salvage a future for himself in Sacramento.

“I appreciate it. I definitely appreciate it, but I want to be somewhere where I get to play,” Dedmon said. “That’s my biggest thing. I’m trying to play and I’ve been told I’m no longer in the rotation here, so there’s really nothing to wait on.”

Ariza said he isn’t concerned about Dedmon becoming a distraction to the team.

“Not at all,” Ariza said. “He’s been extremely professional through not playing. He just signed here as a free agent and they signed him to a pretty good deal, and he’s been at the end of the bench, cheering. He’s been focused. He’s been teaching. He’s been helping, so I think he’s been extremely professional.”

Fox agreed with that assessment.

“Obviously, as a player in this league, you want to play, but he’s been great,” Fox said. “He still brings energy. He’s still a professional. He comes to practice and does what he needs to do. He gets along with everybody and he’s been great. Obviously everybody wants to play, but he hasn’t been a problem for us at all, not even a little.”

CBS Sports identified the Los Angeles Clippers, Boston Celtics, Minnesota Timberwolves, Portland Trail Blazers and Hawks as potential suitors.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article238821333.html

• Like 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd only take him back if we could get rid of one of the bad deals we have and no firsts are attached. We still need to finish as a top five team for the lottery. 

No one's attaching a 1st.  Sac will try to clear his salary for next season as his contract is viewed as a bad deal for an underperforming big.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No one's attaching a 1st.  Sac will try to clear his salary for next season as his contract is viewed as a bad deal for an underperforming big.

I doubt TS is stupid enough to include a first but just saying.