• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schlenk shopping Collins?

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Second time I've read this now.

No one should actually be all that surprised by the news--Collins is this year's version of Prince.

In fact, ironically enough, just as Prince was out for about 25 games in the first half of last season, same Collins.

Will be interesting to see if this now takes the same turn as it did for Prince, who was considered part of the core, until this kind of news broke, and suddenly, he wasn't.

Will be more interesting to see if Collins actually does get dealt, of course. But I'd imagine, like Prince, it wouldn't happen until draft week regardless.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, BudBall said:

I dont mind trading him in package for a better player. IE KAT

Some have dismissed that notion.

I don't.

We are the kind of team that could make a truly competitive offer, Minny is the kind of franchise that has a history of dealing away star post players, and for KAT's part, no one likes to lose but they really really really dislike losing when there's no clearly evident plan.

The ingredients are there.

• Premium Member

Depends on the rest of the deal, like anything else, @Spud2nique.

But conventional wisdom says it's awfully strange for HOU to be considering dealing that player at that AAV at this juncture in time... suspicious that there's a significant down side in it for us that isn't yet revealed.

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Depends on the rest of the deal, like anything else, @Spud2nique.

But conventional wisdom says it's awfully strange for HOU to be considering dealing that player at that AAV at this juncture in time... suspicious that there's a significant down side in it for us that isn't yet revealed.

Well the downside obviously means them wanting more assets. I think they want Collins if it’s a straight two team deal and they aren’t as interested in any 1st round pick. With Collins, the Rockets present 5 players that can hit the three. They’ve been going small ball but I could see them running Collins at C.

Westbrook

Gordon

Harden

Tucker

Collins

This team could be dangerous.

Capela is a great rebounder and defender on a great contract. Having said that, he’s choked in the playoffs specially against the Warriors the last few years. It’ll be interesting.

• Like 2

If you ask me (and no one did), it's not that we don't like John.  It's just that he has a lot of value right now, and we have a glut of assets and cap space.  We should be looking for a big package deal to upgrade John if possible.  Otherwise we end up with 12 good players and no great ones (outside of Trae, that is).

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, txsting said:

If you ask me (and no one did), it's not that we don't like John.  It's just that he has a lot of value right now, and we have a glut of assets and cap space.  We should be looking for a big package deal to upgrade John if possible.  Otherwise we end up with 12 good players and no great ones (outside of Trae, that is).

Glut of assets??? 

I'm only interested in packaging assets for a real Superstar player and not many are currently available.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Glut of assets??? 

I'm only interested in packaging assets for a real Superstar player and not many are currently available.

I agree because in the past when we won the 60 games we did not have a superstar.  So the playoffs we could not get over the hump.  Hopefully Trae is that guy but he needs a lot of help.  

• Like 3

I don’t know if this us true but apparently some hawks fans are stating that ESPN just reported hawks have no interest in trading John Collins.

i can’t confirm cause I didn’t hear it myself or read it on ESPN ... just passing along the info

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GThawks3 said:

Zach Lowe:

• Our Adrian Wojnarowski blew the doors off the Clint Capela situation just before halftime of the Super Bowl. Houston's on-again, off-again, usually-on willingness to part with Capela is fascinating. The Rockets are 15th in points allowed per possession and 22nd in defensive rebounding. They appear to need a rim-protecting center.

As Woj reported, they have telegraphed a desire for another wing -- either directly for Capela, or using assets they get for him.

The Hawks are among the teams who have expressed interest in Capela, per Woj. They have talked to several teams about centers. Some of those teams have inquired about John Collins, sources say, thinking the Hawks might be worried about extension talks with Collins in the offseason.

Even if those teams are right, the Hawks have shown no interest in dealing Collins on any of the general terms bandied about, sources say. It will be interesting to see how Collins' game evolves if Atlanta really commits to a paint-bound center. (They of course have paired Collins with such players a lot over his career, but none considered potential long-term pillars.) He has extended his range and rounded out his game, but still looks most comfortable on offense as Trae Young's rim-rattling pick-and-roll partner.

Ah this is probably what folks are referring to.