PF Bruno Fernando

C Dewayne Dedmon

Reserves

PG Brandon Goodwin

SG Charlie Brown

SF Vince Carter

PF Skal Labissiere

C Damian Jones

Just wanted to see what this looked like on paper. I don't want to jinx it but it looks like this time we got it right. 

About as good as could have been expected for this season. 

For next year, I want TS to go find an experienced NBA SF to start over Hunter and push Bembry down the list a bit. Then add a Vet PF backup as well. Also need a Vet backup PG be it Jeff or someone else. Those are my 3 biggest priorities for the summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This is likely what the future looks like when Cam is offensively more reliable. Jeff & Kevin is clearly a nice ass backcourt fit wise for the bench. I still would like to upgrade either the backup three into more of a shooter role if possible. Maybe Kenrich Williams or Torrey Craig. This is such a weak shooters class of SFs for the draft and free agency. Obviously we can make a run at BI but I know he will just get matched.

I am not feeling the idea of adding Joe Harris next to Kevin. Maybe look to upgrading the backup PG position in the draft. Skal looked great as a backup 4 before his injury in POR so i want to give him a chance as well as Bruno at the spot as well. Skal is a career 35% 3pt shooter on limited volume but let's see what he in can do in our system.

For centers, I am pretty good with what we got moving forward. 

Once Goodwin is locked up, I am good at the 3rd string PG spot as well.

I want to see Hunter coming off the bench. I'm hoping TS goes out and finds a legit SF shooter. Bertans, Gallinari, etc...

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I want to see Hunter coming off the bench. I'm hoping TS goes out and finds a legit SF shooter. Bertans, Gallinari, etc...

None of those guys are SFs at all. I'll rather just to continue developing Hunter.

They play the 4 because their defense is bad at the 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

None of those guys are SFs at all. I'll rather just to continue developing Hunter.

They play the 4 because their defense is bad at the 3.

Hunter can still develop off the bench. With Cam, JC, and Capela starting, I'd rather have Hunter's defense on the 2nd unit with Jeff and Kevin.  

As for Bertans and Gallo, I don't really care about their defense. I want shooters. But if not them, surely there are quality starting SFs available this summer that can shoot and play D.

20 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Hunter can still develop off the bench. With Cam, JC, and Capela starting, I'd rather have Hunter's defense on the 2nd unit with Jeff and Kevin.  

As for Bertans and Gallo, I don't really care about their defense. I want shooters. But if not them, surely there are quality starting SFs available this summer that can shoot and play D.

I clearly see that but I doubt LP would agree. I see the value in those two guys but more as backup 4s for us than starting SFs

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm iffy on how far Hunter's offensive game will progress but his defense is already really good and will be so good in the future that i don't think you can not start him.   His defensive issues are all rookie things that will get worked out.   He and Cam together on the defensive end will be nuts in the next few years.

Hunter and Reddish both need to be on the bench with veterans in front of them.  

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

Marcus Morris could work..Shooting and toughness we need. HOwever, Hunter should be better next season. So a competent backup would work also..

Edited by terrell

13 hours ago, sillent said:

Starters

PG Trae Young

SG Cam Reddish

SF DeAndre Hunter

PF John Collins

C Clint Capella

Bench

PG Jeff Teague

SG Kevin Huerter

SF DeAndre Bembry

PF Bruno Fernando

C Dewayne Dedmon

Reserves

PG Brandon Goodwin

SG Charlie Brown

SF Vince Carter

PF Skal Labissiere

C Damian Jones

Just wanted to see what this looked like on paper. I don't want to jinx it but it looks like this time we got it right. 

Feel a good bit better about our depth chart than I did last week for sure. Cleaning up these injuries is such a major goal now.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, terrell said:

Marcus Morris could work..Shooting and toughness we need. HOwever, Hunter should be better next season. So a competent backup would work also..

Morris is the reason we weren’t in the finals in 2015. That one night when we played the Suns in Atlanta those 👯‍♀️ pissed off Thabo in the game. He went drinking with Pero...then the police..

The rest is history. No Morris 🐈 female tendencies sexist on this team! (That oughta earn me some bonus points with Bird 🦅 😆

Plus Charles keeps saying they beat up some nice guy that decided to take their mom to Applebee’s for a date. If she’s anything like them, guessing so the apple 🍎 doesn’t land far, she deserved a Burger 🍔 King 👑 bathroom 🚽..she’s lucky she got Applebee’s. 

56 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Believe more and more that Cam is gonna make tons of folks eat their words to the point they deny they ever uttered them. Goal posts gps will be running on overtime.

Let’s put it this way. I have a Cam jersey already and don’t have a Trae..yet. 

But I think Trae is my fav though Cam will be firmly second for the foreseeable future.. here’s hoping.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Let’s put it this way. I have a Cam jersey already and don’t have a Trae..yet. 

But I think Trae is my fav though Cam will be firmly second for the foreseeable future.. here’s hoping.

Will admit I still have not thrown down on that #11 jersey yet but will when my better half is in the garden and not looking you know. Cam though....just a crazy feeling of what will happen with him and for us. He reminds me of Alvin Robertson but with so much more offensive skill around the corner.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Alvin Robertson

Wow that’s an interesting one. I recall Alvin with the Bucks and Spurs if I’m not mistaken. Great defensive player and decent O. I’m hoping Cam brings a bit more offense than Alvin as Cam has a little more fluidity in his motions and moves to the rim. Alvin was more of a “take what the defense gives you” type of a player which is actually very good. Cam can just be a little more creative I’m hoping on the offensive end. The defense, of Cam has an Alvin defensive career I’ll take it!

• Like 4