• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae for NBA2k 22 cover?

Spud2nique

This is an article for NBA2k 21 cover which is going to Kobe as it should. 

I think Trae has a shot for the cover of 2k22 though.

• Trae Young

This is a longshot only because no one expects the Atlanta Hawks to be great this season. However, Young is one of the rising stars in the league, and he’s already been working with 2K since he arrived in the league. It’s a natural fit though next year might be a little too soon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2019/07/13/nba-2k21-early-candidates-for-next-years-cover-athletes/amp/

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Isn't there some type of curse with being on the cover or am I thinking of Madden? 

I'm all for it though!

Ya that’s Madden for sure. We’ve never had a Hawk on the cover of any video game 🎮 I can remember. It’d be nice.

Kobe and Gigi this year for sure. RIP

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, pimp said:

You don't remember these covers ??😄
They weren't in Hawks jerseys , but they were Hawks rookies when these games came out.
41ZMNTHP3CL.jpg
220px-College_Hoops_2K6_Cover.jpg

Pro game baby! 2K! Those games were really nice though I used to use Salim Stouda our x boy and just get 50! 😆 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pimp said:

You don't remember these covers ??😄
They weren't in Hawks jerseys , but they were Hawks rookies when these games came out.
41ZMNTHP3CL.jpg
220px-College_Hoops_2K6_Cover.jpg

Looks like a Hawks jinx to me. I don’t know who was worse to watch shoot, Childress or Shawn Marion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

I don’t know who was worse to watch shoot, Childress or Shawn Marion. 

As a diehard Hawks fan I’ll say 100% Childress. The lob looking release of a jumper was just 🤦‍♀️...at least with Marion it would go in a lot 😆 

• Haha 2

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2020 at 9:43 PM, Spud2nique said:

• Trae Young

This is a longshot only because no one expects the Atlanta Hawks to be great this season. However, Young is one of the rising stars in the league, and he’s already been working with 2K since he arrived in the league. It’s a natural fit though next year might be a little too soon.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/brianmazique/2019/07/13/nba-2k21-early-candidates-for-next-years-cover-athletes/amp/

Just want to put this out there that a year and a half after this thread I feel Trae deserved the cover. 

BS.

ps Im opting for the Candace cover over the Looker cover.

On 3/5/2020 at 12:43 AM, Spud2nique said:

• Trae Young

Don't understand how it's a little too soon.

Zion was on the cover of 2k21 Next Gen edition after his rookie season.

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Don't understand how it's a little too soon.

Zion was on the cover of 2k21 Next Gen edition after his rookie season.

Article was from like a year and a half ago if that’s what you mean. It might have been soon last year but not this year, again not if Looker is on it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Someone on the PS5 version of 2k21 has a complete 96/97 roster for every team in the NBA then. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. It not only has accurate names but the faces and shoes are correct. I had to trade Nique back to the Hawks though. Lots of fun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Someone on the PS5 version of 2k21 has a complete 96/97 roster for every team in the NBA then. I'm enjoying the hell out of it. It not only has accurate names but the faces and shoes are correct. I had to trade Nique back to the Hawks though. Lots of fun.

Ya I’ve played that one. Oh wow you added Nique to our 96 squad? That’s sick. Has Javie done an update yet? I wanna play with Delon Wright and Dieng as Hawks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Who did u trade for him?

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, pimp said:

Who did u trade for him?

They took Willie Burton and some other guy for him. He's my starting SF and I'm 14-2 in the season now. Have a nice balanced team that shares the ball. Smitty, Laettner, Mookie, Nique and Deke are pretty good. I made other trades as well. I have Mario Elie and Kevin Willis as the backup SG and C. I got Mark Price from GSW to be the backup PG. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They took Willie Burton and some other guy for him. He's my starting SF and I'm 14-2 in the season now. Have a nice balanced team that shares the ball. Smitty, Laettner, Mookie, Nique and Deke are pretty good. I made other trades as well. I have Mario Elie and Kevin Willis as the backup SG and C. I got Mark Price from GSW to be the backup PG. 

Video game trading was always fun.  Haven't played any basketball game for a long time, though. 

• Like 1

I've given up on 2K at this point. I prefer to play myGM instead of a single season or myCareer.  To that end, 20 was god-awful, and they only made things worse in 21. No plans on buying this year's version unless they make significant changes. 

For the main point of the thread, I don't think Trae is ready for the cover.  Giannis should get it this year as h carried the Bucks to a championship.