• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shortened 2020-2021 season

Spud2nique

If the virus 🦠 prolongs the season and Silver decides to shorten next year to 60 games vs 82, would that favor a team like the Hawks who are so young or would that be a disadvantage?

Thoughts?

Im conflicted on this one. I would like a shortened season every year. 60 or 65 games seems better than 82 to me.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

If the virus 🦠 prolongs the season and Silver decides to shorten next year to 60 games vs 82, would that favor a team like the Hawks who are so young or would that be a disadvantage?

Thoughts?

Im conflicted on this one. I would like a shortened season every year. 60 or 65 games seems better than 82 to me.

seems like youth is slow out of the gate so not sure it favors us.  I'd be for a 70 game season every year and eliminate back to backs entirely.  

• Like 4

• Moderators

When asked if he has thought about how the NBA wil restart when the coronavirus is under control, Silver laid out three possible scenarios.

"One is, when can we restart and operate as we've known it with 19,000 fans in buildings?" Silver told Nichols. "Option two is, should we consider restarting without fans, and what would that mean? Because, presumably, if we had a group of players, and staff around them, and you could test them and follow some sort of protocol, doctors and health officials may say it's safe to play.

"A third option that we are looking at now ... the impact on the national psyche of having no sports programming on television. And one of the things we've been talking about are, are there conditions in which a group of players could compete -- maybe it's for a giant fundraiser or just the collective good of the people -- where you take a subset of players and, is there a protocol where they can be tested and quarantined and isolated in some way, and they could compete against one another? Because people are stuck at home, and I think they need a diversion. They need to be entertained."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/adam-silver-weighing-three-options-024443992.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

it all comes down to testing.  And ideally an instant test.  Does that exist anywhere in the world?  I really have no idea.

Most people are waiting in line several hours to get tested. Now of course, players can probably have something organized where they have their own team doctors perform the testing. But I believe it takes about 72 hours for tests to result.