• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Pierce a Bad Coach for Having Concerns and Interests Outside of Basketball?

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Two out of three things I named aren't political and voter access shouldn't be political.

Him using his platform to help the homeless and hungry is a great thing to do.  

Voter access isn't political?  How would a coach help with that anyway vs community organizers?  What platform does Lloyd Pierce have?  How do you help homelessness or solve hunger and what special qualifications does Pierce have to solve those complex problems?

28 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Voter access isn't political?  How would a coach help with that anyway vs community organizers?  What platform does Lloyd Pierce have?  How do you help homelessness or solve hunger and what special qualifications does Pierce have to solve those complex problems?

Look man.  I just encourage people do positive things to help their community.  That's all I was commenting on. I go out to soup kitchens, help people register to vote, and volunteer at homeless shelters. I try to get my friends involved too.

If I could get the Atlanta Hawks coach to go to help these nonprofits, they'd pull in a ton more funding and volunteers.   That's how his platform helps.  

If you don't think this is a good thing I don't know what to tell you.

I'm talking about actually helping his community which is what he's doing.  Why do you have to be so darn negative about everything? My comment was about positivity and here you coming asking why I want someone to do somehting positive. 

I wasn't meaning for my comment to be political which is why I was focusing on the nonpolitizing stuff in my comment. I hope Lloyd and sports athletes continue to use their platforms to help communities.  

Feeding people and helping homeless is not political.  So please don't come at me with all your questions. If you don't know how he can help with these things around the city using his platorm (in other words his well knownness) then I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Voter access should not be political. Its about helping those who are disenfranchised by law, distance, disability or otherwise, to become active citizens by participating in their democracy.

That is something everyone should want. No matter what you believe in.

Same with homelessness and feeding the hungry. Those arent political or partisan  activities, they are humane actions. 

During what has been an incredibly long offseason in which he has little control over what the league and the NBAPA decide to do, I think there is little harm in using some of the extra down time to do some good in the world.

I think it sets a great example for the young men that he leads. I think it solidifies him as an ambassador for the league, strengthens their brand, which is ultimately good for business. 

We can argue his X's and O's, but I think it misses the mark to debate whether or not Pierce should be active in the community. Our very own Atlanta community at that. 

All good if you ask me.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is a forum about basketball...Your comment appear unrelated to basketball

Nahhhhh, dont even try that.

His comment was about the Head coach of the Atlanta Hawks BASKETBALL team.

This is Homecourt material if there ever was one. Whatever your gripe is, you need to check it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Agreed!  And LP's personal life isn't Hawk related

What's personal about him volunteering as the Atlanta Hawks coach? 

I volunteer as the manager at my job which is how I got into all the things I was saying above.  The two aren't separate buddy.

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

What's personal about him volunteering as the Atlanta Hawks coach? 

He isn't volunteering as a Hawk coach...His participation has nothing to do with the Hawk's organization therefore done on his personal time

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

He isn't volunteering as a Hawk coach...His participation has nothing to do with the Hawk's organization therefore done on his personal time

That's exactly why the Atlanta Hawks produced the video I uploaded.  Atlanta Hawks had nothing to do with it.  

Goodnight man. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Media isn't the Hawks organization. 

The Atlanta Area BMW Centers and the Atlanta Hawks announced a multi-year collaboration that will highlight local philanthropic agencies through a 3-part content series featuring Head Coach Lloyd Pierce.

Again, goodnight.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, marco102 said:

Again, goodnight.

He has a personal problem with CLP, which is fine.  That's his right.  But it's also clear any discussion with him, on that subject, is useless.  Dude could save a bus full of nuns and peo would find a gripe with it.  🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He has a personal problem with CLP, which is fine.  That's his right.  But it's also clear any discussion with him, on that subject, is useless.  Dude could save a bus full of nuns and peo would find a gripe with it.  🙄

I don't have a personal problem with him...This is just the wrong thread to discuss his volunteer work.  This Tread is about his actual on court coaching not his voter registration pursuits or his work with the homeless.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, High5 said:

Get a grip, man. You don't always have to quadruple down when you're wrong.

Wrong about what...Volunteer work is not related to your job.  Plus like I said, this is the wrong thread to talk about Pierce's volunteer work

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Voter access isn't political.  What candidate or party that someone votes for is political.  Someone having access to exercise their constitutional right to vote is about Democracy not politics in the normal usage of the word.  Democracy isn't political in the sense of Democrats and Republicans.  It is political in the sense of Democracy vs Monarchy vs Totalitarianism ,etc.  Our most perfect democracy is a system with perfect voter access and reliability.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Wrong about what...Volunteer work is not related to your job.  Plus like I said, this is the wrong thread to talk about Pierce's volunteer work

You said his volunteering had nothing to do with the Atlanta Hawks orginization. Proof was provided that his volunteer work is featured in a partnership the Hawks have with BMW. Therefore you were wrong.

Edited by aali34
  • Like 2