• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would......

Diesel

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Same with PG and we want him too!

PG was traded By himself for high value assets. LaVine was trade value on par with a pick and Dunn when he was dealt.  Don’t see their parts in those trades as comparable.  PG now has age working against him.  ZL should be in his absolute prime.  Will be interesting to see what value they draw.

8 hours ago, AHF said:

Why do you think Lavine has had multiple teams quit him while Phoenix will not even consider dealing Booker?

Quit him?

Lavine, Maarketen and Kris Dunn was traded for Jimmy Butler.  It was a good move for both teams because Minnesota was in a "win now" mode, and they had a young assets that they could trade for an All-Star caliber player. With Minny having Towns and Wiggins, Lavine was the odd man out, despite him improving every year.  

Chicago's mistake was keeping the team too young ( kind of like what we were doing here, until Trae expressed his displeasure about getting more help. ).  Lavine is now a "young vet".  Those are the players that get antsy after constantly being in losing situations.  If anything, Lavine has no confidence in Chicago, and has quit them ( per his trade request in the summer ), instead of the other way around.

The one thing I've learned in all of my years of watching the NBA, is that you really can't judge a player in a bad situation, and think that the player will have the same effect on a new team. There's been too many times when a so-called "malcontent" type player, has been a big time asset on a new team.

Lavine wants to win.  And going into his 6th year, he's willing to put in the work:

"There was times, this year, where we were in a lot of games, and we just lost it, so as a coach, they take a lot of flak for that. But sometimes it's on the players and we have to stand up and do that as well. The main thing for me is to make sure everybody comes to the gym and we have one goal at hand. We've got to come into training camp and be prepared with one goal in mind and we've just got to go for it. For some people, you have to know your role, some people taking a backseat and some people stepping forward in leadership. But we have to talk about that and be communicative and all be on the same boat. You can't be spread apart."

• Moderators

Thins was unhappy with Lavine and they clearly didn’t value him as a rising stud based on that trade where he was part of a 3 legged offer (with Dunn and the puck carrying roughly equal weight).  He decided to unload him. Chicago is now reportedly looking to move him because they don’t think he is someone you can build around.  

I call that quitting him.  Feel free to put a better spin on teams that decided he wasn’t part of their core and started looking for ways to get him out and different players in.

23 hours ago, AHF said:

PG was traded By himself for high value assets. LaVine was trade value on par with a pick and Dunn when he was dealt.  Don’t see their parts in those trades as comparable.  PG now has age working against him.  ZL should be in his absolute prime.  Will be interesting to see what value they draw.

Lavine is only 24.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Thins was unhappy with Lavine and they clearly didn’t value him as a rising stud based on that trade where he was part of a 3 legged offer (with Dunn and the puck carrying roughly equal weight).  He decided to unload him. Chicago is now reportedly looking to move him because they don’t think he is someone you can build around.  

I call that quitting him.  Feel free to put a better spin on teams that decided he wasn’t part of their core and started looking for ways to get him out and different players in.

I'm sorry if I don't trust the decision making of a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years, but I don't.

As for Chicago, they're not exactly a franchise with good leadership either.

Lavine may not be the guy you want bring your #1, but he can score like one on occasion. Chicago would be dumb to look to trade him, and push the reset button yet again.

But if he wants out, they may not have a choice.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm sorry if I don't trust the decision making of a franchise that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years, but I don't.

As for Chicago, they're not exactly a franchise with good leadership either.

Lavine may not be the guy you want bring your #1, but he can score like one on occasion. Chicago would be dumb to look to trade him, and push the reset button yet again.

But if he wants out, they may not have a choice.

I don’t think trading him means pressing the reset button.  Building around him means perpetual lottery.  But I will give him credit for improving his offensive efficency.  He has the tools to be a plus starter and potentially an All-Star if he decides to actually try to play defense.  If he keeps up the selfish play that has characterized his career to date, though, I’m not particularly interested.

(FWIW, he is closer to his 26th birthday than his 25th).

• Like 1

• Premium Member

To get Levine,  I would give up either #6 or Collins... but not both. 

Untouchables are Trae and Reddish.   

Here's a thought:

Hunter, Dedmon, and #6 for Lavine. 

Trae, Lavine, Reddish, Collins, and Capella are the starters. 

I'd resign Teague on a short deal and pick up some other free agents to play the reserve 4/5... Dario Saric?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Diesel said:

To get Levine,  I would give up either #6 or Collins... but not both. 

Untouchables are Trae and Reddish.   

Here's a thought:

Hunter, Dedmon, and #6 for Lavine. 

Trae, Lavine, Reddish, Collins, and Capella are the starters. 

I'd resign Teague on a short deal and pick up some other free agents to play the reserve 4/5... Dario Saric?

No.  That is an overpay.  Lavine is probably worth #6 alone and that's a big maybe

Big Wings with 3nD potential are premiums and hard to come by, Hawks aren't trading Hunter after what they gave up to get him last year and seeing play in only 63 games. Add to that, I'm not interested in trading 3 for 1 either, it means we have more critical roster spots to fill in losing Dedmon and Hunter.

• Like 2