• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Man games lost to injury Apr 13 (waiting on today's)

thecampster

18 minutes ago, thecampster said:

NBA politics won't allow him to win as that would be a slap in the face of a very popular LP.

I'd say it has more to do with him having coached far fewer games than the frontrunners who are just as deserving of the award.  The Suns may finish with the best record in the league for goodness sakes.  The Suns!

Geez, campst.  You had me hot 'n bothered with the first two posts then you drop this turd?  It's ok, you've given me more than enough ammo to check some fools on Rgm.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Best w/l record in the league is Utah at .741.  Nate's since taking over  .739.  next closest, phoenix at .719.  Best in East, Philly at .684.  the bought and paid for championship Nets, .667.  Nets player games lost, 150, Philly 120,  Utah 120, Phoenix 75.  I can make the case.

Hawks have lost 3x more player games to injury than Phoenix...greater % while Nate was coach than not. Hawks have lost 2x as many to injury as Utah...effectively same winning %. Nate's been next level.

I will say, since Nate took over we've gotten shafted by calls less often as well.  Could be he's more respected by the officials...could be the change in style of play or the way he engages the refs when they wet the bed.

Well, to be clear, we agree that McMillan has a case.  And, if the voters actually do their dayum job, he has a real shot.

I just don't think, if he doesn't get serious consideration, it's because of politics or optics related to the former coach.

Do we at least agree that the voters aren't going to do their dayum job and assess the actuality of each situation?

Shirley we agree there.  Can I call you Shirley?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Well, to be clear, we agree that McMillan has a case.  And, if the voters actually do their dayum job, he has a real shot.

I just don't think, if he doesn't get serious consideration, it's because of politics or optics related to the former coach.

Do we at least agree that the voters aren't going to do their dayum job and assess the actuality of each situation?

Shirley we agree there.  Can I call you Shirley?

Dropping an Airplane reference 2 points.  

I'm not sure we can agree. We have 15 games left...if he goes 11-4 over the last 15....its a very hard case to ignore.

11-4 would leave us 42-30, Nate at 28 - 10. over a full year that would extrapolate to 53-19 or a full season 60 wins.  In the vat of record its impressive but in the world of turn around, that's the argument. An argument is made its a 14-20 team and through hundreds of player games lost to injury he took the 4th seed, challenged for the 3. Took a losing team to beast.  The longer this winning % goes on, the harder it is to ignore for the voters.  I'm thinking though they don't want to send the message Nate great, LP sucks.

Also, IMHO, there's a good chance LP gets a shot as a head coach again in college.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Dropping an Airplane reference 2 points.  

I'm not sure we can agree. We have 15 games left...if he goes 11-4 over the last 15....its a very hard case to ignore.

11-4 would leave us 42-30, Nate at 28 - 10. over a full year that would extrapolate to 53-19 or a full season 60 wins.  In the vat of record its impressive but in the world of turn around, that's the argument. An argument is made its a 14-20 team and through hundreds of player games lost to injury he took the 4th seed, challenged for the 3. Took a losing team to beast.  The longer this winning % goes on, the harder it is to ignore for the voters.  I'm thinking though they don't want to send the message Nate great, LP sucks.

Also, IMHO, there's a good chance LP gets a shot as a head coach again in college.

I mean, it's not the coaches voting on the thing.  You think some rando nba writer cares about sending a questionable message to a former coach?

If anything, they'd be all for that schmoke.  Makes for a better story, no?

McMillan is rightfully getting buzz for the award, btw, just from listening to NBARadio a lot which features several guys that do have a vote.

Eddie Johnson, who was a big fan of Pierce and who's friends with McMillan, said his firing reminded him of Nate's firing in POR.  Not that their accomplishments matched, just that he (Nate) needed an approach/attitude change at that time as it appears Pierce does now.  Recommended he go the long-time NBA asst route, wait for another opportunity.

• Like 3

• Moderators

I don't think they'll consider Nate for a whole host of reasons but to even get in the convo we're going to have to beat some teams above us and not just win the games we should win.   Not knocking the job he's done because it's been tremendous but he'll have to do more to get any national recognition.   Welcome to Atlanta!

• Like 3

Nate won’t win coach of the year even though he probably should.

Schlenk won’t win executive of the year even though he probably should.

Trae won’t land on an all NBA team even though he probably should.

Capela won’t win defensive player of the year or an all NBA team or most improved player even though he probably should.

Life as an Atlanta Hawks fan. Carry on.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Nate won’t win coach of the year even though he probably should.

Schlenk won’t win executive of the year even though he probably should.

Trae won’t land on an all NBA team even though he probably should.

Capela won’t win defensive player of the year or an all NBA team or most improved player even though he probably should.

Life as an Atlanta Hawks fan. Carry on.

Wow...who needs Quaaludes when we got you?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

Wow...who needs Quaaludes when we got you?

When was the last time they gave us anything. I just remember being on the wrong side of any NBA achievement award since 1985 and counting. Whatever, who needs an award let’s just win the finals 🏆 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...