• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Solomon Hill aka Roman J. Israel, Esq

willthepureshooter

Why does he keep getting minutes? I'm tired of seeing him fiercely square up on the perimeter to only get blown by for a wide open layup. 

His choice to foul late and create and-ones has me really questioning Schlenk. I don't see a high BBIQ at all. Going forward, I'd rather see Nathan Knight have his minutes. 

• Premium Member

Overall, I've liked what Solo has brought to this year's team. His defense is superior to Snell's, though that's not saying a lot.

However, once we transition into full-steam-ahead championship mode next year, I'm hoping for an upgrade. Of course, me and everyone else is hoping for a natural upgrade in the sense that Cam and DAH will be taking significant minutes, but I'm hoping we can acquire someone who will bring to the same defensive grit to the SF/PF part of the depth chart that Dunn brings to the PG/SG part. Won't be easy. Not many of those.

Solo talks well on the court.  Coaches like that. 

He also plays C+ defense, regardless of who he is guarding.

His Offense is a D.  He's essentially been put into the role that Vince Carter played the past 2 seasons.

Overall, he's a negative on the court. 

Like Goodwin, he's ideal in that 12th man role, not as a guy getting starter minutes.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Solo talks well on the court.  Coaches like that. 

He also plays C+ defense, regardless of who he is guarding.

His Offense is a D.  He's essentially been put into the role that Vince Carter played the past 2 seasons.

Overall, he's a negative on the court. 

Like Goodwin, he's ideal in that 12th man role, not as a guy getting starter minutes.

Yea, I like him as the emergency SF. A guy that if someone goes down can come in and maybe give you something really solid in spurts. But as a full time guy, yea, it's not fun to watch him. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

I need him to be far away from the team. There's no need to keep him and stunt the growth of Nathan Knight. We're going to need bodies during the playoffs.

Solomon is here for the season and for the playoffs. So you might as well get used to it.  

It's very doubtful that Knight see any minutes in these playoffs with everyone healthy.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

I need him to be far away from the team. There's no need to keep him and stunt the growth of Nathan Knight. We're going to need bodies during the playoffs.

200w.webp?cid=ecf05e47rto18v883rxwemxz12

😆

I envision Solo as more the guy from Tropic Thunder.

• Haha 2