• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Season Awards

capstone21

• Admin

MVP

1a Bogdanovic  - Trae is our best player but I think Bogdan saved our season when he stepped up after coming back from his injury.  His play has been great.

1b Clint - the trade was a steal as this man just anchored the D and rebounded like a beast.  His offense has been a real surprise and has great chemistry with Trae.

3 Trae - our best player but can be inconsistent at times and still a liability on d.  I think he improved in many facets and is taking better shots since Nate took over.  Wants to win and has sacrificed his game to do that which I really appreciate.

Defensive Player of the Year

1 Clint Capela 

would have been nice to see a full season of contributions from Cam, Dunn and Dre but Clint wins this hands down.  We have other decent defenders but not compared to impact of Clint.

Most Improved

1 De’Andre Hunter

if he played the whole season ... he might have contended for the NBA version of the award.  He exceeded expectations and showed so much improvement.  There was a point when he was probably our best player on the floor.  Too bad he got hurt.

2 John Collins

His stats didn’t improve but he showed his willingness to play a team game and sacrifice... even in a contract year.   His defense also improved.

3 kevin Hureter 

also improved his game to be more well rounded and consistent.   He also improved his D enough that he often was guarding the opposing teams scorer ... even at end of game.

Most Disappointing

1 Cam Reddish 

game kinda took a step back and lost the momentum he ended last season with.   

2 Rondo

Just didn’t impact the second unit at all.  

3 Lou

very inconsistent but can still light it up.

agree?  Disagree?

what other awards?

Cam had an Achilles injury since preseason. I hate some of our fans. 

MVP - Nate and Trae

DPOY - Capela

OPOY - Trae

Most Improved - Bogi

Young player award - Hunter

Players I want to see healthy - Reddish and Dunn

Best trade - There was only one this year, Rondo for Lou

Best FA signing - Bogi

Best move - Replacing LP with Nate. 

• Like 3

• Admin
9 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Cam had an Achilles injury since preseason. I hate some of our fans. 

Did he have a great season post all star break last  year?  Yes

Did we have high expectations for him (especially you) coming into this season?  Yes (I know I was excited for what he was going to bring.  I am a fan of his and look forward to hopefully him improving next year.)

Did he take a step back and not improve or even keep up with what he did after last years all star break?  Yes. 

Has his season been a real disappointment?  Yes.  Am I wrong??  

• Like 4

I am sad because we have never had Cam Reddish when he was 100% healthy.  Mostly injury free?  Yes.  For a brief period.  Current injury has been so very slow healing.  Report sounds good.

Summer league.  Pre season.  Then, finally, next season we hope to have a 100% healthy player.  This means that, if Atlanta doesn't trade their draft pick, we will have 2 first round draft picks to add to the roster next season.  Wow!  

:sun:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Did he have a great season post all star break last  year?  Yes

Did we have high expectations for him (especially you) coming into this season?  Yes (I know I was excited for what he was going to bring.  I am a fan of his and look forward to hopefully him improving next year.)

Did he take a step back and not improve or even keep up with what he did after last years all star break?  Yes. 

Has his season been a real disappointment?  Yes.  Am I wrong??  

He was hurt since preseason. He wasn't going to be better this year. We saw an elite player like KD lose some when he had this injury his last year in GS. He played through it. I respect that and yes, he has to be better. That said, injuries are a bitch. Especially one dealing with the Achilles. 

• Like 4

If we count tonight's playoff game I vote for the backcourt with a ton of clutch value points. Am exhausted right now and yet wide awake. What a clutch win.