• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Lot of Yall talked about Nate's Game 2 Coaching.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Talked about his rotation was the reason for our loss.    We used the same rotation this game...  We loss because of JC's dumb fouls.  Gallo couldn't hit a shot.  Bogi couldn't hit a three.   And Clint couldn't get in the lane for an alley opp. 

Game 3:

The Knicks did more of the same.   They played Derrick Rose more.  They prospered because of the refs more.  

BUT....

We won. 

Trae, Kevin, JC, Gallo, Clint and Bogi all stepped up... Well Trae stays stepped up. 

But we need to appreciate Nate. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Love Nate too but it was obvious to everyone he held Trae out too long in the fourth in game 2. Trae closed a ten point gap so imagine if that gap wasn't there because Nate put Trae back in sooner. Could and should have ended differently. Its not regular season. Hope that is an isolated incident. As said by many Trae will have to play large minutes. Am surprised he didn't play even more last night. So anyway, the minutes weren't that different between the two games but the circumstance late and the final score certainly were game 3 as you said.

Wasn't that the point though...  Trae came in and Closed the gap... but then our bad shooting overcame the victory.   If we were shooting bad, then we would have continued shooting bad.

I like what Lemon Pepper wings bring out everytime.  He's instant scoring.  I was happy to see Okungwu's defense.   I just think that Red Velvet has to continue to play as well as he does and JC is much needed. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We did not use the same rotation at all. What were you watching.

No Snell and Hill had 4 glorious minutes and had the 'shot' of the game:

When JC got the 2 fouls, instead of bringing in Gallo, he brought in Solo, which meant Gallo got regular rotation minutes around 24 minutes.

The other big change was Bogi, he played the entire 2nd quarter and 3rd quarter and into the 4th until Trae returned - which means, there was never a time when both Trae and Bogi were on the bench together, so we did not get the 'ALL BENCH' lineup. Bogi in with the bench was a facilitator which worked since he struggled shooting early.

So, no - he didn't play the same rotation.

No.. I don't disagree.   But his rotation in game 2 was the same as game 1, which we won.   I like Hill over Snell too and I also believe that either Trae the truth or Bogi should be out there.   But He still sat Trae going into the 4th.   It was having our guys Clint and JC in the game getting those opps and having Hunter and Huerta nailing shots with Gallo that made the difference. 

Just now, Diesel said:

Wasn't that the point though...  Trae came in and Closed the gap... but then our bad shooting overcame the victory.   If we were shooting bad, then we would have continued shooting bad.

I like what Lemon Pepper wings bring out everytime.  He's instant scoring.  I was happy to see Okungwu's defense.   I just think that Red Velvet has to continue to play as well as he does and JC is much needed. 

This is an attempt at tit for tat I guess. My main point was Trae was on the bench while we suffered miserably in the third and fourth. Lou is either on or off and I am being polite there. Game 2 Trae should have played 40 minutes by the end of it. Maybe we lose anyway but then maybe Trae just flat out takes over and now we would be up 3-0. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Diesel said:

But if Trae was in, there might not have been that big of a gap to overcome expending energy on both offense and defense, then our other players losing their legs which probably resulted in just shooting 3s instead of driving the ball.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We did not use the same rotation at all. What were you watching.

No Snell and Hill had 4 glorious minutes and had the 'shot' of the game:

When JC got the 2 fouls, instead of bringing in Gallo, he brought in Solo, which meant Gallo got regular rotation minutes around 24 minutes.

The other big change was Bogi, he played the entire 2nd quarter and 3rd quarter and into the 4th until Trae returned - which means, there was never a time when both Trae and Bogi were on the bench together, so we did not get the 'ALL BENCH' lineup. Bogi in with the bench was a facilitator which worked since he struggled shooting early.

So, no - he didn't play the same rotation.

Damn . . . should've kept reading before I put up my last post.

100% co-sign all of this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Admin

The knicks made adjustments for game 2 and basically made our 5 man bench squad ineffective... Nate changed our rotation and now we had Trae or Bogi in there ... Bogi is a much better point then Lou and it allows Lou to play off the ball.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Thomas said:

This is an attempt at tit for tat I guess. My main point was Trae was on the bench while we suffered miserably in the third and fourth. Lou is either on or off and I am being polite there. Game 2 Trae should have played 40 minutes by the end of it. Maybe we lose anyway but then maybe Trae just flat out takes over and now we would be up 3-0. 

Sounds good.   However, that's ignoring what actually happened.   You rest Trae so that he can give you that push at the end.  Did you not see the stats?  We are one of the best teams in closing games NOW....  The LP philosophy that you want to adapt is what lead to Trae... tired... throwing up bad shots.   I want us to be 3-0 more than anybody but let's not misplace the blame on the way.  We shot bad.  Period.  Gallo couldn't hit a shot.  JC didn't hit a shot... and Clint didn't give us much offensively.   I agreed that you put back in Bogi or a starter and not the whole second team but saying that "Only if Trae had played the whole game" is poor reasoning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

"Only if Trae had played the whole game" is poor reasoning. 

Never said that and you are starting to sound like a couple of posters who are so hard to appreciate on here. Quote someone else with this stuff.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Never said that and you are starting to sound like a couple of posters who are so hard to appreciate on here. Quote someone else with this stuff.

Well let me be precise... You said " Game 2 Trae should have played 40 minutes by the end of it. "    Trae played 35.9 minutes in game 2.  He played 36.5 minutes in game 3.   What you're saying is that his less than 1 minute made all the difference between a 9 point loss and 11 point win.  That's 20 pts in less than 1 minute?

Come on Thomas, we just showed that we can win without significantly raising Trae's time on the court.  I agree that playing Bogi with the 2nd team had a lot to do with it.   However, you and others try to make it sound like Trae did play 40 minutes in game 3 compared to 20 minutes in game 2.   He sat the bench just about the same amount of time in game 3.  Like I said, Let's not act as if Playing Trae 40 minutes was the correct answer.   You need him rested for the big push at the end.   What the correct answer is is getting more from our "others". 

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What you're saying is that his less than 1 minute made all the difference between a 9 point loss and 11 point win.

And once again I did not say that. Given game situation and the fact everyone is cold Trae has got to be on the court in game two when we started drowning and stayed drowning. What words will you put in my mouth with the next post? 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

And once again I did not say that. Given game situation and the fact everyone is cold Trae has got to be on the court in game two when we started drowning and stayed drowning. What words will you put in my mouth with the next post? 

Trae came off the bench and stopped our drowning.  Momentarily.  Then we went back to drowning.   Where is the conclusion that having him out there sooner would have stopped the drowning in total?  Would having him out there got JC out of foul trouble?  Would having him out there have made Gallo less tired and able to hit a shot?  Would having him out there have made Bogi able to hit anything?  Would having him out there would stop the Knicks from undercutting Clint everytime he went up for a lob?

The point is that when he was out there... none of those things changed.  He just made it so that we were able to keep the game close.   It's not bad coaching.  It's players being as you said "cold". 

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Trae came off the bench and stopped our drowning.  Momentarily.  Then we went back to drowning.   Where is the conclusion that having him out there sooner would have stopped the drowning in total?  Would having him out there got JC out of foul trouble?  Would having him out there have made Gallo less tired and able to hit a shot?  Would having him out there have made Bogi able to hit anything?  Would having him out there would stop the Knicks from undercutting Clint everytime he went up for a lob?

The point is that when he was out there... none of those things changed.  He just made it so that we were able to keep the game close.   It's not bad coaching.  It's players being as you said "cold". 

He closed a ten point gap that should not have been there in the first place. Big part is he would have just have to go full on Trae when seeing we were cold as death. Don't know if he indeed would have done that but it was the only way we were gonna win the game. 

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Don't know if he indeed would have done that but it was the only way we were gonna win the game. 

Before I get quoted again this is indeed the only way we were gonna win that game. The answer was strictly Trae.